BayouShooter Improvements and Changelog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I just added a rimfire section. If you see posts that you think should be moved there, PM me the link. Thanks clem131 for the suggestion!

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    The bearpit was originally created to have a place to toss non-compliant posts into. We decided to utilize the infraction system built into vBulletin instead and just delete non-compliant posts. It streamlines marketplace moderation (once Austin worked the bugs out).

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Merge sponsors and regular marketplace, allow sponsors to still edit their advertisements.

Honestly, I'm not really a fan of this. I don't see many deals posted in the sponsors classifieds, which is why I don't go through it regularly. If it were to be mixed in with the regular classifieds I think it would be more stuff to sort.

Sks985

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Slidell
    Honestly, I'm not really a fan of this. I don't see many deals posted in the sponsors classifieds, which is why I don't go through it regularly. If it were to be mixed in with the regular classifieds I think it would be more stuff to sort.

I was thinking just the opposite. There have been a few guns that I've missed because I forget to check the sponsors classifieds.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Really? Every time I stroll through there I see a couple ads with a good price, a few more with an average price, a few with above average prices, then a handful of double msrp prices. I guess I'm just missing something.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Merge sponsors and regular marketplace, allow sponsors to still edit their advertisements.
    Your idea will be discussed.

and let us comment on the infraction system thread.
    Why? I don't see any incentive to letting anyone see infractions / warnings but moderators? The forum that I added that everyone had access to for 10 minutes is just a place where reported posts and warnings / infractions get logged so if we ever need to discuss one, we can. It is not really a section where anything gets commented on. Also, allowing the general public to see who has been hit with rule violations is the exact opposite of what we want. We do not want to create a spectacle out of someone breaking the rules. It is not meant to embarrass the person or tarnish their reputation...both of which had happened prior to my new system.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    They should remain separate for several reasons.

I'm not for or against it but I do forget to check the sponsor ads a lot so if a sponsor has a good deal I say you should post it in the members ads because I'm willing to bet more people will view it.

Everyone has to agree that BS has been going down hill for a while and I think Austin is doing a good trying to clean it up "somethings I don't like but things gotta change and you can't please everyone".

My biggest bitch is there is still too many sub forums.

Keep up the good work!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm not for or against it but I do forget to check the sponsor ads a lot so if a sponsor has a good deal I say you should post it in the members ads because I'm willing to bet more people will view it.

Everyone has to agree that BS has been going down hill for a while and I think Austin is doing a good trying to clean it up "somethings I don't like but things gotta change and you can't please everyone".

My biggest bitch is there is still too many sub forums.

Keep up the good work!
    Agreed. If you see any that in your opinion could be merged together, PM me with them and your reasoning :) I cut 5 off last week and am OK with cutting more off.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    @Everyone

I want to reorganize the order of the forums a bit. Please PM me an order of forums that you would like to see. If we decide to move them around, the person with the best idea will get a year premium membership. If multiple entries of the "chosen order" are submitted, each subsequent person will get three months of premium membership.

Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing suggestions.

Edit: Also, the suggestions can include merged forums if you think some should be merged. Please indicate this clearly in the PM. Also, we are not removing the off-topic section, so please don't suggest that in the PM either :)

--Austin

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    @Everyone

I want to reorganize the order of the forums a bit. Please PM me an order of forums that you would like to see. If we decide to move them around, the person with the best idea will get a year premium membership. If multiple entries of the "chosen order" are submitted, each subsequent person will get three months of premium membership.

Thanks guys! I look forward to seeing suggestions.

Edit: Also, the suggestions can include merged forums if you think some should be merged. Please indicate this clearly in the PM. Also, we are not removing the off-topic section, so please don't suggest that in the PM either :)

--Austin

Off topic has to stay or this place would really be a mess. Now people do need to work on not posting stuff in off topic that fit in other places.
    Also I wanna add that the search on BS sucks and I don't know why but it does lol!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Changelog updated. Shoutout to Jack for really being awesome and going out of his way to help us with stuff.

Top Bottom