BBQ for breakfast today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I'm in no way a chef but since not having a grill for a couple years, I've been making up for it lately. Dug around for what we had in the fridge and decided to try something.
    Jimmy Dean maple sausage with bacon and hash browns chopped up and mixed in it and BBQed. Put them on Grands rolls with an egg over medium. Came out great but next time I'll use a different breakfast blend sausage with croissants.
    6bd09bc730cfb6b2aa50c36f5c5b55b0.jpg

202e4de5957dfa5640ab64f766bd4ba2.jpg

On an unrelated meal, I HIGHLY recommend you try putting peanut butter on a hamburger. I used it as a condiment along with mayo fried onion rings (on the burger) and Swiss cheese on a Hawaiian bread bun. I didn't use bbq sauce on that one but I think it would be just as good with it. At least give the peanut butter a try; you'll be surprised how good it is. After using the Hawaiian buns, I can't see using regular buns anymore.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Looks way better than the McD breakfast.

Spiced peanut butter on beef is good.

You might like this one:Take brucciloni cut steak and cook the inside down on the grill. When ready flip it, put onions peppers and peanuts or peanut butter on the cooked inside, fold it closed it like a book. Cook on each raw side until done.

A couple of time lately I put a little horseradish in with the condiments on a burger. That works fairly well.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I did not/CAN NOT limit myself to one piece of bacon. There's probably 1 1/2-2 pieces of bacon in each patty. I think bacon goes with EVERYTHING! After making deep fried twinkies with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce, I felt something was missing; BACON!! So I wrapped a mostly cooked piece of bacon around a frozen Twinkie, breaded it, and into the fryer for a minute. Twinkies and bacon might not be for everyone but I thought it was good.
    And now I guess I'll be trying peanut butter on steak too!! I'll also try to come up with something different with some venison burgers later in the week.
    Anyone trying the peanut butter on a burger, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I did not/CAN NOT limit myself to one piece of bacon. There's probably 1 1/2-2 pieces of bacon in each patty. I think bacon goes with EVERYTHING! After making deep fried twinkies with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce, I felt something was missing; BACON!! So I wrapped a mostly cooked piece of bacon around a frozen Twinkie, breaded it, and into the fryer for a minute. Twinkies and bacon might not be for everyone but I thought it was good.
    And now I guess I'll be trying peanut butter on steak too!! I'll also try to come up with something different with some venison burgers later in the week.
    Anyone trying the peanut butter on a burger, I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

PB&J with the J being jalapeno

I put peanuts in the bottom of a bowl and put some steaming hot chili over them and let them sit for a while, til the peanuts get a little softened.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Try split B/S chicken breast almost in half, spread fresh chopped cilantro, extra crunchy PB, a squirt of Hoisin, and a bit of some chili pepper paste. Its got the Thai inside.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I wanna try some thai peanut sauce on a burger. Sounds amazing. Also wanna do pepper jelly wings with peanut sauce on the side. Pb j wings....mmmmm.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area

Everyone knows you have to have your daily dose of bacon.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Mmmmm... bacon!

I will not put peanut butter on my burgers! I like nuts but I just don't like peanut butter (and my wife eats the natural peanut butter by the case - the one you have to shake to get the oil back into!).

As long as you're clogging your arteries properly try putting some pancake syrup on warm cinamon rolls. You might as well have diabetes to go along with the heart attack! :)

Top Bottom