Benefir AR15 Raffle Winner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    I tore the whole roll so the whole thing would be random. He's getting his FFL info for me now.

PS there were 203 tickets sold, i refunded the last 3 to keep to my word. I then sent checks or paypal refunded for 21 tickets so there were only 179 valid tickets just all spread out.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    THe winner is Brian Spillers from Austin, TX

I'm calling him and emailing him now. So there's no way he can be unaware

Chris,

can you copy and paste your email to the winner on this board? I think this will alleviate any doubts some people may have about the winner. Thanks, and good luck.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Got the FFL's info and going to mine for transfer now.

I think you should post all of this information so we know you are on the "up-and-up."

Simply saying you are doing something does not suffice the members of this board anymore. We need concrete proof to assure us.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    I don't believe a word of it---He says he tore the whole roll up and gave out numbers at random---the numbers he says he gave to me were in sequence, just as any normal raffle is run. I think this guy is a liar and I'm going to the authorities---you can count on it.
    Colt, you're entitled to your opinion. All I can do is tell you what has happened. I assure you that noone was taken advantage of and this is completely legit. You believe what you want, but I will not post his, email address or anything that could be considered as private info here because you think that it's not on the up and up. I'm a veteran of the US Army and fought so that you can have the right to have an opinion even though it's different from mine.

I ripped the roll into sections of 5 and 10 since that was the most common numbers. They were all in a pile and as someone bought a single or 2 tickets I'd pull that many from the closest section at that time.That's why there's such a big difference in the ticket numbers. Looking back, I should have just pulled off 200 in a row and sold them in numerical order. But there again hind sight is 20/20. As far as my website The Duck Lodge being down, I never went and renewed it until today so It will be back up shortly.

Honestly colt I think that you're upset because it didn't go to you or someone you know on this site. I had people buy tickets that weren't members of any boards, they just heard from whoever about it.

Furthermore this has nothing to do with any of my sponsors, I conducted an raffle for an AR15 to help pay medical bills for my family after a wreck nearly claimed the life of my wife and daughter. I understand that alot of people are upset and some are rightfully so. This is Obviously my first raffle (and last one that I'll EVER do) so I didn't know exactly how to go about it. I learned alot of things on how to better conduct a raffle but that doesn't help anyone now. The timeline was screwed up and the main problem was that I was trying to make everyone happy. I got some people wanting an immediate redraw another group wanting a week's wait and even more that wanted 2 weeks. I had my daughter draw both tickets and I honestly don't care who won the gun I was just ready for this to all be over. I've had to start meds for antidepressants and anxiety partly due to the wreck and partly to do with this raffle. I wish I would have just waited for all of the bills to come in and declare bankrupcy (which we may still have to do).

I'will offer this as proof, I will take a picture of the postal receipt showing the origin and destination. As far as his personal info, I wouldn't want mine out there so I won't post his. Guys as you know this raffle was far from flawless and was a huge disaster in my opinion as well as alot of yours. There's no way for me to go back and correct those mistakes. I wish there was a way to make everyone happy but that's not possible. I offer my sincerest apologies to everyone involved and can assure you that the funds were used as intended. This drawing was as fair as I could make it with what I have.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Chris,

I am again requesting you post SPECIFIC information regarding proof of correspondance with the winner and the FFL. Your personal information is already all over the internet (name, address, cell phone, name of wife and child, businesses and sponsors, etc..). I think this is the only way to satisfy members' concern that fraud was not committed. If you have to take pics and email, send them to Spanky or myself. We would be glad to post them here for you.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    How about a picture of him holding the gun when he gets it in? My pictures are all over the net so you'll know it's not me. I've called him and he agreed to a picture but not his personal info. I"m tryin to talk to him and get him to register here and make a post.

Or how about a USPS tracking number?

Here's my personal cell number if anyone has any questions. Just please don't call from a Blocked number because I won't answer and don't call to harrass me. 318-237-5598

Last edited:

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    How about a picture of him holding the gun when he gets it in? My pictures are all over the net so you'll know it's not me. I've called him and he agreed to a picture but not his personal info. I"m tryin to talk to him and get him to register here and make a post.
    That could be a picture of anyone holding it. Post the ffl you used.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    How is that going to provide proof? As a hypothetical, you could:

1. give the gun to someone you know to take a picture
    2. go to the post office and send something to an address in Austin

I'm just listing hypotheticals that may be going through people's minds.

If you don't provide specifics about the winner, the FFL's you utilized and a tracking number for shipment, your statements cannot be verified. For your own protection, you are not providing transparency to a group of people who overall donated a large sum of money to you.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    There is no way this can truly be proven. Sorry to have to say that but it's true.

Then what am I supposed to do? I don't want my name dragged through the Mud just because a few people think I rigged a raffle......... I'm not a big risk taker besides the fact of just being honest so I why would I risk criminal charges as well as losing my sponsorships and potential clients over a benefit raffle? If I would have had the smallest thought that something this horrible would happen I would have just sold it for $1500 and been done with it all. I'm honest enough to have sent people their tickets/numbers even after they said that they didn't want to be in it and for me to keep the tickets for myself. I didn't even resale the tickets.

All I want is my name to be cleared and for this all to be over!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Guys, you are making this way more involved than it needs to be. Why e-fight with someone ? If you think it stinks, protect yourself. To continue to beat the guy up is stupid.
    You will never be able to prove that anything this guy did is on the up and up. Ever. It's a shame but that is a fact.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm not worried about it, like I said...I have wasted $200 on more frustrating women, multiple times. :p

TFK, I hope everything at home is good and your bills got paid off.

I wont give TFK good or bad business reviews simply because I have never used his professional services, it has nothing to do with this raffle.

I wish I would have won, sure, but I'm not giving this any more thought. It's really not worth the stress of me being concerned about it in any way. My intentions were good, I'm satisfied with that in this case.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    Guys, you are making this way more involved than it needs to be. Why e-fight with someone ? If you think it stinks, protect yourself. To continue to beat the guy up is stupid.
    You will never be able to prove that anything this guy did is on the up and up. Ever. It's a shame but that is a fact.
    I just want my name cleared. I'm not a thief, crook, conman, liar or anyform thereof. If I was then I'm pretty sure my name would be all over the internet with bad things said about me. The fact is this was my first and only auction and I screwed it up. It's that simple. Everyone demanded I redraw by today, I do what you ask and then more crap arises. I don't know what else to do. I can not give out his personal info though. He really didn't even want his name announced but I had to do that since the last number I didn't have a name for (my fault) and this one I had his name I was trying my best to avoid more chaos. My sincerest apologies to everyone here for my lack of communication and the way that things were run.

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    "what we have here is a failure to communicate" from COOL HAND LUKE

I just spoke to Chris. First, I owe him an apology for getting caught up in the mood on here and doubting his integrity. I am convinced that he is a troubled young man, caught up in extremely difficult circumstances. He admitted to me and to us all that he handled this badly, and he did. But the fact is, he offered my money back, and i choose to believe that he is honest, naive, and in a box. I suggest that we rekindle in ourselves the same spirit that prompted us to help him by buying these tickets, and forgive him his trespass. He doesn't need to be denigated any more in this forum---he acknowledged his mistakes, he apologised for them, so let's let him get back to taking care of his family. His wife was not covered by insurance, and as we know, medical bills can eat you alive.
    This guy trains dogs, and from what I can tell, is pretty good at it. Perhaps one of you guys who lives close could take over the raffle on the Rem 870 and make sure
    1. we help out a genuinely good guy, a fellow hunter, and a family man.
    2 the raffle is run above board and is done correctly

what say you, guys. I'll buy another 100 worth of tickets if one of you runs it

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom