Benefir AR15 Raffle Winner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

TFK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2008
    West Monroe, LA
    "what we have here is a failure to communicate" from COOL HAND LUKE

I just spoke to Chris. First, I owe him an apology for getting caught up in the mood on here and doubting his integrity. I am convinced that he is a troubled young man, caught up in extremely difficult circumstances. He admitted to me and to us all that he handled this badly, and he did. But the fact is, he offered my money back, and i choose to believe that he is honest, naive, and in a box. I suggest that we rekindle in ourselves the same spirit that prompted us to help him by buying these tickets, and forgive him his trespass. He doesn't need to be denigated any more in this forum---he acknowledged his mistakes, he apologised for them, so let's let him get back to taking care of his family. His wife was not covered by insurance, and as we know, medical bills can eat you alive.
    This guy trains dogs, and from what I can tell, is pretty good at it. Perhaps one of you guys who lives close could take over the raffle on the Rem 870 and make sure
    1. we help out a genuinely good guy, a fellow hunter, and a family man.
    2 the raffle is run above board and is done correctly

what say you, guys. I'll buy another 100 worth of tickets if one of you runs it

Colt I appreciate your apology! Everything that was said was true, I couldn't have handled this much worse.

I do still have an 870 that one of the local stores helped me out on. If anyone is willing to run the raffle I'm 100% for it. I don't want to run another raffle period. If anyone wants to run it PLEASE let me know. We could set it up where paypal payment emails are copied to the person running it and any checks sent diresty to the person running it just made out to me.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I'll just chalk it up to needing more info from the auctioneer prior to selling. However, I'm putting a halt to ALL raffles on this site. ALL raffles need to come thru Spanky or I (not to butt in Spanky) so we can review for authenticity and make sure it is being handled properly. I am going to close the other raffle threads until such time as this is rectified. It's not just about you TFK, you have to understand that this site runs on 90%goodwill and honesty. Should the mere appearance of impropriety be allowed to continue over and over again (even if it's on the up and up) then the board is compromised and our members will have lost faith in us - potentially leaving.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    There are some auctions running that have been vetted. TFK, I'll be more than happy to run over your other auctions for review to see if they can be posted here. Just shoot me a PM so we can talk. I'm also going to cancel my Paypal dispute.

coltaholic

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Tampa Bay, florida
    Penguin, may I suggest that on any raffle, you have a disinterested third party(FFL) hold the prize until you or Spanky authorize it's release. that said, may I as one of Chris' harshest critics, offer that anyone with any doubts call him. He pm'ed me with his number and asked me to call and I did. I think you'll find that he is sincere in his desire to make amends, and I for one think we should put on our cloak of forgiveness and give him another chance. If nothing else, we all learned a good lesson here.

i would offer my services to keep track of the entrants and the money, and the drawing could take place locally with witnesses. let's get behind a guy in need who has asked for help, and make this next raffle a showcase on how it should be done

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    This was just PM'd to me. I'm not trying to start any **** but I do feel fully obligated to disclose any and all information that is provided to me as I authorized the posting on the site.

(Screenname Withheld) said:
    Spanky, I choose not to post this and send to you(site owner) as I don't want to stir things up, but read the postings from this link. They closed the other one because of heating up. Just fyi..
    http://refugeforums.com/refuge/showthread.php?t=644563
    There was a guy on there that said his dad bought a ticket and never got it, for neither one of the draws. He might have been the winner.
    Second I find no info on a Brian Spillers in tx.(no where) However there are 3 in La, 4 if you use Bryant as one. And 2(1-Bryant) are in West Monroe and 2 west and northwest of alexandria.
    It just smells fishy,(I'm the "trust no one" kind of person) just because he won't give name and address of FFL to be used for transfer, which should be public due to being a business. I only bought one so no big loss(help a fellow out), but those that bought 5 or 10 would be.
    A couple of other things,
    I don't know about any other insurance, but for an auto wreck you have medical coverage. My wife is good at finding that out.:eek3: He said his wife was not insured, and that would mean no ins. on vehicle so as not to be insured. And another small quirk is that the news article about the wreck said his daughter was 18 months old, and on his website he states his daughter was born in dec. 26th, 2007. The 2007 may just be a typo and should be 2006. Just letting you know in case you feel some of the members may want to know. Do with it what you want....[Name Withheld]

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Firstly, I would advise not to be the caretaker of any raffle items as that may impart some kind of liability on BSC and its owner(s). Secondly, I would advise not to be the party that is part of drawing the winning ticket as that may impart some kind of liability on BSC and its owner(s). Thirdly, vetting will be thorough (still with a caveat) enough to allow us to make an informed decision, to the best of our ability, that the raffle is valid; however, we will not be bound by the seller. Rather, the seller has to be open enough in a public forum to allow all bidders the ability to review the raffle for validity. I'm not saying that you need to post your net worth; however, there is a reason that the raffles that are going on right now are still active.

I disagree that just because you can't find someone on a public search engine that they do not exist. I can find many people using things the average consumer can't (and there are others here who have much better access than I) use and I have not been provided enough proof to disprove that there was a winner. I advise, however, that a better way of helping us as a community ensure that this snag doesn't happen again would be to post a copy of the FFL doc (the need-to-be-hidden stuff can be redacted) so we can put this baby to rest.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom