Beretta Px4 type C

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Anyone have one? I'm only interested in the type C constant action. I never see anyone on here talking about them.
    I've been doing a lot of research the last few months and I am 90% sure this is the pistol for me, but I will have to get a little trigger time on one before I can be 100%. In the mean time, I want to hear what the real experts here have to say about them.

Thanks.

Last edited:

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I had some, the triggers were not bad. They were long, but smooth pulls. The reset isnt terrible.

I could never figure out why the px4 never got any "love". They are confortable, acurate, well built pistols. I guess they are a little ugly?

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I could never figure out why the px4 never got any "love". They are confortable, acurate, well built pistols. I guess they are a little ugly?

That's what is so funny to me. People call them ugly, but next to the HK45, they are the best looking polymer gun around if you get one without the safety levers.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    What makes it the pistol for you? What metrics are you looking at?

It's early so I'm probably going to type this wrong.

I started out with a wide search for light weight polymer in 9mm with a high capacity and a 4-ish inch barrel.
    I don't like DA/SA actions or safety levers so that ruled out a lot right off the bat.
    I can't use anything with built in finger groves so that rules out Glocks and HK's and Steyers.
    I looked at M&P's but looking too hard hurt my eyes. When I held one, it just felt extremely wrong. I don't know how else to say it. I have always hated the way S&W shapes their pistol handles.
    I was looking at XdM's but after reading more about them on here, I could never trust the palm safety. While it could be pinned, that creates liability issues.
    HK p2000's in really caught my eye, but they are out of my reach in terms of price. I still want to try one, though, before I make my final decision.
    Then I found out that the Px4 is available in a safetyless constant action model that functions in the same manner as a striker-fired system, and not only that, but Bud's sells them for $399 with free shipping. I love the way they look (not really important but still a consideration), and I love the way they feel. The grip size and trigger length are just right for my hand, I know from the type F's I've handled in stores.

All that is left now is to see if I can get a p2000 and a Px4 C and maybe a sig 226/229 DAK together for a side by side at the range.
    Well, that and ask you guys if there is anything else I missed.

Last edited:

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I have one (with the safeties). I like the size & capacity. I'm not as good a shot with this one as I am with some of my other small 9mm's but that's probably me & not so much the gun. They give you this mag with the gun in which the follower at the bottom "moves" I guess to help you with your grip and they gave me a regular mag also. I HATED the moving piece one so bad that I traded it to my friend who had the same gun for his regular mag. I also like it because it takes full size Storm mags.

For whatever it's worth, when we go shooting, my friends will shoot it & they hate it. They say the recoil is too much, almost like what a .40 is.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana Gun and Reloading had two forever. They still might call them and see if you're in the area. I was at a USPSA match and a LEO from near NO had his PX4 Storm that was issued to him by his department to use for the day. It didn't have any malfunctions that I remember and seemed accurate enough. He said the finish was not durable. He really didn't seem to like the handgun but it seemed to be getting the job done from my perspective.

Dave

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would look for a Gen 2 glock without finger grooves or a Gen 3 glock and have the finger grooves removed.

I had a PX4 C for a short period of time. I didn't care for it, and sold it.

I have a PX4 F, and it's by far the absolutely worst firearm I've ever had issued to me. The finish is wearing off quicker than any other handgun I've ever seen. I don't like the rotating barrel concept. I'm not a fan of metal pistol magazines. There isn't a large selection of holsters available for that platform like there are for Glock and others.

JR1572

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    If I did buy a glock it would be a gen 4 for the mag release, but there is no way in hell I could bring myself to dremel on a brand new $600 investment.

Holsters aren't a concern for me.

What is bad about metal magazines?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    If I did buy a glock it would be a gen 4 for the mag release, but there is no way in hell I could bring myself to dremel on a brand new $600 investment.

Holsters aren't a concern for me.

What is bad about metal magazines?

Glocks can be had for under $600. Look harder.

Why are holsters not a concern? You aren't going to carry the gun?

Metal magazines aren't as easy to maintain as plastic magazines are. Plus, I don't care for the blued finish on the PX4 magazines.

JR1572

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    $600 was an overstatement, but I wouldn't personally dremel on a new $300 investment either.

Holsters aren't a concern because I already have it picked out. There might be no selection at a local store, but there are more than enough options online.

I have no experience with plastic or metal magazines, but I can see the logic in what you say.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    $600 was an overstatement, but I wouldn't personally dremel on a new $300 investment either.

Holsters aren't a concern because I already have it picked out. There might be no selection at a local store, but there are more than enough options online.

I have no experience with plastic or metal magazines, but I can see the logic in what you say.

If your sole reason for buying this is an investment then it shouldn't matter how it looks, functions or feels. Trust me these guys know what they are talking about. I hate the metal mags in my 92F. Get a used Glock 19 and call it a day.

Top Bottom