Best budget friendly .45

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Might I suggest the Metro Arms American Classic 2 at Sportsmans Warehouse for $499. I bought mine from Academy several years ago for $450.00 and actually like it better than my Colt Gold Cup National Match and my Springfield Armory Range Officer Target. https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...american-classic-ii-semi-auto-pistol/p/p56144

This all-steel pistol has a lot of bells and whistles normally only found on much higher priced firearms: Extended safety and extended slide release, enlarged ejection port, polished feed ramp, Novak style sights, beavertail, memory bump on the grip safety, slanted slide serrations, front slide serrations, commander-style hammer, lightened adjustable trigger, etc. The only thing I've changed is the grips, but I do that on all my pistols just to personalize.

A 10mm version of the American Classic 1911 is advertised at Jim's Firearms for $829.95.
    DSC_0231.JPG
    IMG_3008.JPG

Last edited:

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I've been wanting to look at a Rock Island due to the price. Not sure how they compare to Tisa's. I've had basic Colt's and Springfield's in the past which were fine.

Peterpaul227

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 5, 2019
    Northshore
    My rock island armory gi has been good to me for 15 + years but I have changed the sights , grips , recoil spring and smoothed out the mag well in those years . I picked up a ruger sr 1911 last year and it’s better and don’t fell I need to change a thing with it . The only issue I’ve had w rock island is it doesn’t feed large nosed hollow points it feeds better with harnady black hollow points they have a sharper taper on the nose . Never shot any other .45s .

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I agree, I tried to get a nice 45 twice.

the 1st many years ago, the LGS owner talked me into a Norinco. Great pistol sold it a few years ago.

went in to get a Colt defender, walked out with a Turkish officers model. I think ATI. It ran fine, but sold it a could years ago and and got out of the 45 business.

Had I gotten the $1,000 Colt, I think I would have kept it. Instead a $350 pistol sufficed for a few years.

i have shot the tisas, Girsan, and Para’s all ran fine for the 1 or 2 range sessions. Those 3 can be had cheaply.

BlazeM

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 27, 2023
    Denham Springs, La.
    Rock Island 1911 G.I.!! I got one from a member on here and just got back from my 2nd range trip. 250 rounds and not 1 hiccup! Shoots great, reliable (so far) and no matter how much I know better, I ALWAYS come home with the infamous hammer bite!! Life is good!!

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I have a Glock 30 and a 21 I found here. Bone stock other than sights and they go bang every time. Paid 400 apiece for them a few years ago. I've got a couple thousand rounds through both of them now and never a hiccup.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom