Best kept secret, or, Secret best kept.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oh I love it. Nothing like reality TV to illustrate the true nature of things and set the record straight. :thumbsup:

It's even educational to those of us who live down here. I've lived here my entire life, and until reality TV came, I had no idea that all alligators weigh 700 lbs- or that Steven Seagal was Cajun.

:eek3: he is!?

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    It's not hard to figure out.
    1.) Louisiana offers incentives to production companies to film here.
    2.) Non union, right-to-work state.
    3.) To rest of country, Louisiana is all swamp mist and voodoo, alligators and cypress trees. An exotic locale that most have never visited in person. Thats why these show try to play up the hokey 'touristy' aspect as much as possible.

Mostly 1 and 2. Louisiana has been trying hard to become the Hollywood of the South for some time. That and with movie companies here and the fact that reality shows are cheap to make.... it actually makes sense.

Still, there are other places booming with the film industry. Many places are offering tax breaks and whatnot... so California companies film there. My little bro works year round on movie/tv sets doing carpentry type stuff in the Atlanta area.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    Just putting it out there for the production companies, how about;

COONASS KITCHEN.

Featuring all downhome creole,cajun,coonass cooking from armadillo to squirrel, seafood, you name it, with online recipes that you can try at home.

Even cook-offs with local restaurants competing to see who's version of the same dish is better.

I'd tune-in/DVR that.

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    I work with the film industry in NOLA from time to time, and while the tax incentives (hardly unique to Louisiana these days) are a big part of it, there's plenty more. Mainly, I think it's the strangeness that's almost foreign (this applies to Acadiana, too). In New Orleans and Acadiana are two of the last remaining distinctive regional cultures left in U.S. About New Orleans, Tennessee Williams said, "There are only three American cities. New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I would submit that there is a huge misconception in America about how Louisianan's really are. I have actually had people in other states tell me they think the moive "Waterboy" is how it really is down here.

These dumbass shows reinforce that misconception. All rednecks, or bush bats, with no coherent diction or pronunciation, living in some backwoods ass rural craphole, etc., etc., etc.

and you'd be welcome to the ******** cities like NOLA and BEEarahh

gimme a rural craphole anyday over the filth and crime in any city

everyone is of course welcome to pick with the chickens if that's their diet.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I work with the film industry in NOLA from time to time, and while the tax incentives (hardly unique to Louisiana these days) are a big part of it, there's plenty more. Mainly, I think it's the strangeness that's almost foreign (this applies to Acadiana, too). In New Orleans and Acadiana are two of the last remaining distinctive regional cultures left in U.S. About New Orleans, Tennessee Williams said, "There are only three American cities. New York, San Francisco, and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."

In addition to tax incentives South Louisiana Culture is unique. The French, Spanish, Creole cultures are very colorful. When I talk to people from other parts of the US they like the laid back attitude we have. They also say we are friendly, warm, and very accepting of visitors. Not to mention some of the best food on the planet. :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In addition to tax incentives South Louisiana Culture is unique. The French, Spanish, Creole cultures are very colorful. When I talk to people from other parts of the US they like the laid back attitude we have. They also say we are friendly, warm, and very accepting of visitors. Not to mention some of the best food on the planet. :D

That is until they have to deal with the fuzziness and warmth of Shianeekwa or Theolonius at a convenience store, retail outlet, fast food restaurant, etc...In fairness, the dudes are not nearly as obnoxious as their pathetic female counterparts.

Last edited:

Takuan

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    NOLA
    ... and some need to get out of the swamp and see what's happening in the city. Despite the rain, this weekend's Cajun/Zydeco Fest and Creole Tomato Fest were great!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom