Beware of Rattlesnakes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GOAT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    New Orleans
    And I yelp like a pup when I walk into a golden silk spider's web when I'm hunting. One must have iron balls to not crap themselves when caught off-guard by that those things.:noes:

SAATG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Mandeville, LA
    4510-3SSULCT.jpg

Just got a few of these in-stock for just that sort of occasion....1st 3 shots 410 buck shot should take care of the snakes and last 2 rounds .45 rounds to finish off whatever makes it through the buckshot

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    On Columbus day I sat on a log while squirrel hunting with my sons. After about 15 minutes I stood up and saw something moving behind my foot.

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

Five ft. long, 13 rattles and a button.

Stepped out on the trail and saw this.

That's a Timber Rattlesnake a.k.a. the Canebrake...the most popular rattlesnake species in Louisiana.

Just my opinion, but if you didn't harvest the meat, you should have left it alone. I'm going to assume that you aren't in the habit of discharging a shotgun 1.7 feet away from your own legs (which is the striking distance for a 5ft snake) if you were far enough away to discharge a firearm at it, you were far enough away to not be in any danger.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Meat harvested and skin going to become a belt.

That's a Timber Rattlesnake a.k.a. the Canebrake...the most popular rattlesnake species in Louisiana.

Just my opinion, but if you didn't harvest the meat, you should have left it alone. I'm going to assume that you aren't in the habit of discharging a shotgun 1.7 feet away from your own legs (which is the striking distance for a 5ft snake) if you were far enough away to discharge a firearm at it, you were far enough away to not be in any danger.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    There are people that drink and inject snake venom to build up resistance. No thank you.

Venom is an enzyme and needs to be injected into the blood stream. If there are no cuts in your mouth drinking venom it harmless and can not help build up resistance.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    horseshit.jpg
    [/IMG]

This is only one dawgs opinion about good snake / bad snake...or eating any part of snake or making clothes or hatbands from snake

The good snake is the dead one.

I " found " a timber rattler a few years ago while I was crawling under a fence...he met Mr 12 ga @ very short distance, maybe 12"...I'm hoping he found the snake virgins acceptable

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom