Bitcoin bonanza

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm happy for people making money with bitcoin. If I had ton$ I'd do it too. I timed Shiba Inu & Dogecoin perfectly, put in $100 and got back $1000ish, but I have 0 faith in Crypto. It's supposed to be anonymous/secure but it apparently puts a fingerprint on every single trade/purchase/sale that leads directly to the person that had it at the time. I'm just not into that.

When I left FB 6 years ago or so I had a 'friend' who had locked himself out of his HDD that had his Bitcoin wallet, with almost 2000 bitcoin in it, and he had been running code crackers on the hard drive 24/7 for about 2yrs and he only had something like 13 of 27 characters cracked. This guy is a first-class computer and cyber security nerd, and if its taking him that much effort to break into his own HDD at his own house...I can only imagine what efforts it would take me.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    I'm happy for people making money with bitcoin. If I had ton$ I'd do it too. I timed Shiba Inu & Dogecoin perfectly, put in $100 and got back $1000ish, but I have 0 faith in Crypto. It's supposed to be anonymous/secure but it apparently puts a fingerprint on every single trade/purchase/sale that leads directly to the person that had it at the time. I'm just not into that.

When I left FB 6 years ago or so I had a 'friend' who had locked himself out of his HDD that had his Bitcoin wallet, with almost 2000 bitcoin in it, and he had been running code crackers on the hard drive 24/7 for about 2yrs and he only had something like 13 of 27 characters cracked. This guy is a first-class computer and cyber security nerd, and if its taking him that much effort to break into his own HDD at his own house...I can only imagine what efforts it would take me.

It's supposed to be anonymous"

Not true, it's pseudo-anonymous, and there are ways to protect your privacy to certain degrees, but it's not 100% anonymous.

so I had a 'friend' who had locked himself out of his HDD that had his Bitcoin wallet

Things have evolved since the earliest days and it's pretty easy nowadays to take custody of your coins.

but I have 0 faith in Crypto

How much faith do you have in the govt b/c they will eventually require a CBDC and then you are truly screwed.

Bitcoin is the only hope for financial freedom we have left.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Not true, it's pseudo-anonymous, and there are ways to protect your privacy to certain degrees, but it's not 100% anonymous.

Things have evolved since the earliest days and it's pretty easy nowadays to take custody of your coins.

How much faith do you have in the govt b/c they will eventually require a CBDC and then you are truly screwed.

Bitcoin is the only hope for financial freedom we have left.
    0 trust in Gov too. Moneyless Barter works great on many levels, and it will be a priority over currency and precious metals for most people if there is a collapse. Let's face it, if there is a real collapse, it will be a miracle if we have grid or centralized electricity. Crypto is dependent on the success of the current over-all systems and ways of life and on people making space within the fabric of current society.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Wow. I can’t imagine someone with that kind of knowledge losing his seed phrase or the ability to recover his crypto. That just doesn’t make sense. I store my keys on hard wallets but I still keep some crypto on exchanges and staking pools. I guess I’ve come a long way from buying ETH on PayPal. Making a lot of profit right now on some smaller tokens but I won’t take profits til this run starts to fade. Jasmy, Aurora and Kaspa are killing it for me but I’m anticipating XRP and all the ISO 20022 coins ripping soon. It’s a good feeling to stick to your convictions and watch things come to fruition. Bitcoin bumped well into the $60k this week. I bought a nice bag when it crashed down under 20k and I’m still holding.
    Crypto is definitely not in my end game playbook. It has been a fun way for me to make a few bucks and learn new stuff, which is necessary to keep your brain in good shape.
    I hold precious metals in higher regard, but you can’t eat those, lol.

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Wow. I can’t imagine someone with that kind of knowledge losing his seed phrase or the ability to recover his crypto. That just doesn’t make sense. I store my keys on hard wallets but I still keep some crypto on exchanges and staking pools. I guess I’ve come a long way from buying ETH on PayPal. Making a lot of profit right now on some smaller tokens but I won’t take profits til this run starts to fade. Jasmy, Aurora and Kaspa are killing it for me but I’m anticipating XRP and all the ISO 20022 coins ripping soon. It’s a good feeling to stick to your convictions and watch things come to fruition. Bitcoin bumped well into the $60k this week. I bought a nice bag when it crashed down under 20k and I’m still holding. Good luck guys.
    He got in at the very very beginning, mined and bought a bunch, then got a g/f who became a wife between the time he did all of that and Bitcoin getting valuable. Stuff wasn't as refined back then.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He got in at the very very beginning, mined and bought a bunch, then got a g/f who became a wife between the time he did all of that and Bitcoin getting valuable. Stuff wasn't as refined back then.
    Yeah, a respiratory therapist I worked with years ago had Bitcoin stored on a his old PC and had to pull the hard drive to recover it a few years ago. I saw his mom around Christmas and asked whatever happened to him and the BTC and she said that he had indeed recovered it and he bought a mansion on the east coast and moved his family a couple years ago.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    0 trust in Gov too. Moneyless Barter works great on many levels, and it will be a priority over currency and precious metals for most people if there is a collapse. Let's face it, if there is a real collapse, it will be a miracle if we have grid or centralized electricity. Crypto is dependent on the success of the current over-all systems and ways of life and on people making space within the fabric of current society.

a neat function of bitcoin is: even if the grid goes down for 20 years, the bitcoin protocol just goes dormant...as soon as a grid in any country comes back online and someone runs the bitcoin code, everyone's bitcoin is back.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Beautiful morning

Attachments

• IMG_3465.png
      IMG_3465.png
      180.4 KB · Views: 15
    • IMG_3467.png
      IMG_3467.png
      177 KB · Views: 15

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Bitcoin briefly busted 73k this morning
    Are you buying through Coinbase or do you have another preferred wallet?

I go back and forth on whether I like Coinbase, but I also haven't really researched what's out there...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Are you buying through Coinbase or do you have another preferred wallet?

I go back and forth on whether I like Coinbase, but I also haven't really researched what's out there...
    I was still buying Jasmy on Coinbase a few on Crypto.com, Kucoin and Kraken, but mostly buy on Uphold because that’s the only place I ever bought XRP. I buy from them, but I never leave anything on exchanges if I can help it. I use hardwallets to store my keys. Ledger and Tangem both work well for me. I am not a day trader.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    This guy is missing that people borrow against their real property all the time, so they do use their buildings to leverage access to capitol. People are heavily invested in making Bitcoin "real", but if the power is out, good luck! I love wealthy people so the more wealthy people Bitcoin creates the better.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    This guy is missing that people borrow against their real property all the time, so they do use their buildings to leverage access to capitol. People are heavily invested in making Bitcoin "real", but if the power is out, good luck! I love wealthy people so the more wealthy people Bitcoin creates the better.

He's not missing that point (he's spoken about this point specifically for a long time), he's actually living out that point but on Bitcoin only. You'd probably need to watch that entire interview (instead of the 24 second clip), and know a little more about what Saylor has been up to since Covid.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    He's not missing that point (he's spoken about this point specifically for a long time), he's actually living out that point but on Bitcoin only. You'd probably need to watch that entire interview (instead of the 24 second clip), and know a little more about what Saylor has been up to since Covid.
    I watched the 12mins. He said that people dont use the corner of a building to buy a pizza, or some
    such statement, and people do use the value of real tangible assets to buy things all the time. It was a false argument to make Bitcoin seem special. It's a tracked finite fiat digital currency that is emerging into the markets and it is attractive to a lot of people. Its value comes from the same interest and faith as paper fiat dollars, but unless you have a BTC token you have to hold it in a wallet on cloud or on memory/storage, or paper.

I'm not really hating on it, or the dude, just saying he made a BS argument. But he has TONS of BTC, and personal interest, so I understand why he's trying to sell it.

I do the same with food/utility trees vs pure ornamental when people consult with me. My interest is in fed/sustained neighbors, so I push such things.

Top Bottom