"Bring Your Gun To Work Law" - Here's One Plant's Response

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I start work at a plant on the 18th, one of the first questions I will ask HR is about this law. This new job has a 500 acre hunting lease (selling point during the interview) for employees across the road from the plant so surely they know their employees have guns in their vehicles.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I was wondering what the trailer was for at the Exxon parkin' lot. I laugh at the "no weapons" policy. I drove in Exxon for years with a 3' piece of rebar in the bed. If they only know what I did with that innocent piece of steel. Never have stabbed or shot nobody. A good Louisville Slugger ,4' piece if 2" pipe, or 36" Stillson makes a fine "weapon".
    I find it funny that the renta cops search all the contractor vehicles going in the plant, but simply wave the psycho employees through. lol

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Oh that's just great. :rolleyes:
    <SNIP>
    Gun safe in car, bolted to the frame locked is the safest in my book & the only way that I feel comfortable.

I'd have to agree with this. I think that any company that is legitimately concerned about accidental discharges on their property would want to go with this as a requirement. Most accidental discharges occur when loading/unloading or re-holstering. The safest thing, from a company standpoint, would be to require that you drop the gun into a lockbox in your own car; there would be less chance of an incident.

It seems to me that any company going beyond that - asking for you to register the gun, place it in a separate area from the car, etc. - is really trying to intimidate its employees into not carrying. These companies are, IMHO, acting in bad faith while seeming to act in good faith.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom