BS Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    3316870582_3251a75201.jpg

Random picture time!

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Until one of the admins decides differently, the same marketplace rules apply. If you don't like someone's price, just ignore it and move on. As ridiculous as the prices seem people ARE paying them. So while it may offend you other people may be glad they're able to find the stuff.

+1 .. True Dat ..

DS727

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Denham Springs
    If someone asked me for my help/time, or to borrow a tool that I have, I'd gladly give either for free.

But don't ask me to give you something that I couldn't replace for anywhere near what I paid for it. To me, that's being greedy on YOUR part.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Can we ban the dicks who sign up to sell PMags for over $25!

I see no difference in selling in demand PMAGS in short supply for $25.00/each, than selling corn for $8.50/bushel, or soybeans for $14.00/bushel, or wheat for $8.00/bushel.:dunno:

Eating is more of a neccessity than buying 30 round magazines for your AR!

I don't see anyone calling farmers, "Dicks"!:eek4:

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    You said stop playing stupid games. Someone just quoted something you said about the marketplace rules applying. It's changed now.

At any rate, I had forgotten you were a mod until you quoted Windsor saying you would.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I had a friend ask me this week if I would sell him a dozen AR mags as he only had two or three and I had "plenty". I flat out told him "no thanks". He got pissy and said "what if I cant get anymore?". Sorry bro, I love you and all but when you were spending money on big screen TV's and an upgraded stereo for your truck I was buying this stuff. Dont think just because your priorities changed in light of the current scare that I'm willing to give you what I planned ahead for. I'm not buying into the "scare" or anything but as far as I know I may never be able to get more, at least not at the $9.00 a mag price I paid (and he wanted me to sell them at). I pointed him in the direction on Gunbroker. He was pissed that I wasnt being a "good friend". I was pissed that he was trying to low ball me and guilt me into giving in. Oh well.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I had a friend ask me this week if I would sell him a dozen AR mags as he only had two or three and I had "plenty". I flat out told him "no thanks". He got pissy and said "what if I cant get anymore?". Sorry bro, I love you and all but when you were spending money on big screen TV's and an upgraded stereo for your truck I was buying this stuff. Dont think just because your priorities changed in light of the current scare that I'm willing to give you what I planned ahead for. I'm not buying into the "scare" or anything but as far as I know I may never be able to get more, at least not at the $9.00 a mag price I paid (and he wanted me to sell them at). I pointed him in the direction on Gunbroker. He was pissed that I wasnt being a "good friend". I was pissed that he was trying to low ball me and guilt me into giving in. Oh well.

Yes. People will call you a psycho for being into guns. Then they will call upon you if they feel the need of protection by a gun.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Lol this thread is getting better all the time!
    Come on guys, seriously. I have 4, just 4 Pmags. I planned to get more in Jan, and stocked up on pistol stuff instead this month. I'm kicking myself for not buying more earlier, but I'm not begrudging dudes trying to make some cash before Christmas. If they happen to fleece the stupid while they're at it, that's fine with me.

Call it a stupid tax, and fork over the money, or do what I do and just wait it out.

Oh, I hear you all now "but what if I can't Get any more 30rd mags?!?!?!"

Buy 10 rounders and work on your reloads... WW2 was fought, and won, with an 8 round capacity rifle. You'll be fine.

Young man, you are wise beyond your years. Someone else in this blog could learn from this post if he would stop arguing.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Sugarbug said:
    You would think someone who trains people would be more careful about the elitist persona he displays and insinuating that most people will be unable to defend themselves in a life or death situation. I know we're not all badass cops, but it's something to think about.

1) I don't train anyone. I'm not a trainer. Never have been, never will be.

2) I'm just saying, on a board of gun carriers, there sure is a lot of whining.

3) I'm not a badass. Not even close. Anyone who knows me knows I don't play that game. You must have me confused with someone else.

Also, don't PM me. If you have something to tell me please say it in the open. I have nothing to hide.

Also, the name calling is childish. Try acting your age.

JR1572

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I'm all for the free market and letting it determine prices. However, I thought we were a gun community of like minded individuals who looked out for each other. Not a bunch of opportunistic profiteers. That said I never once considered putting my p-mags, ammo, etc. in the classified at a ridiculous price. My parents raised me to be better than that. Personally, I feel it is a reflection of a persons character how they handle their business in times like this.

DEAD ON MY BROTHER!!
    THIS would be a PERFECT SIGNATURE LINE......problem is MOST people here wouldn't even comprehend the meaning!!

KT

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The market is messed up or seeking it's own level. People or either poor mouthing or bragging on their wealth. You can call people out or secretly hold a grudge.

I reserve the right to implement "The RDO Theory" The theory is "I am RDO, I can do whatever the ________ I want to". Take that how you like to. The blank is left intentional so you can fill in the the word of your choice. Choice are important to individuals.

I can offer some clarification on it if anyone ask an intelligent question about the "The RDO Theory.

In the meantime I think we should come together as a community. I suggest a Tactical Asswiping Event. Be prepared and start figuring out how to wipe your ass without toilet paper now. Obviously some of you guys can't be counted on to wipe a buddys ass if the time comes. Some would help a brother out.

On every gun forum the level of tension is rising. People are panicking. Should we hold it against them that they did not "get it" sooner? Should we give them half out stuff? Should we scalp them? It ain't all black & white. There are grey areas. I have lowers I will not sell to certain people but would give them to others. There are guys on here I am friends with & guys on here that suck.

If I go to sell something who do I OK the price with?
    If someone offers me 50 for a mag do I sell it, ask more or say no that is too high?

Does any body give a care about me, my problems, my finances, what my excuses are, personal problems, baggage and such? Probably not.

Life is a work around.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    1) I don't train anyone. I'm not a trainer. Never have been, never will be.

2) I'm just saying, on a board of gun carriers, there sure is a lot of whining.

3) I'm not a badass. Not even close. Anyone who knows me knows I don't play that game. You must have me confused with someone else.

Also, don't PM me. If you have something to tell me please say it in the open. I have nothing to hide.

Also, the name calling is childish. Try acting your age.

JR1572

Isn't posting a PM against the rules? I sent it to you because I thought it was more mature to talk to you directly than continuing an argument publicly; however you're the more mature person I know, so apparently I was wrong.

You keep saying that all you were saying is that there's a lot of whining, which is a lie. If that were the case, I in no way see how your perception of their ability of defend themselves in a life or death situation holds any bearing on their whining. I called you out on a stupid comment you made, you're choosing to say it meant something it couldn't possibly have meant.

It was my understanding that you assist in the training classes of another member, to which I was referring.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    This thread is a good lesson for those that did not prepare and may be without...........

Since the Clinton Assault Weapons Ban expired, prices have dropped to as low as:
    1) Glock Mags to $13
    2) 1000 round case of 223 ammo to $285
    3) 30 round PMAGS for $9.99 each (as recently as this past weekend)

If you did not take advantage of these opportunities to buy low, you have nothing to complain about!

Seeing the anger, name calling, etc. that appears in this thread, is going to be minute compred to the pandemonium we will see when food prices are so high that the EBT Card receipants can't feed their children.

If society will riot and kill (2 people yesterday) over a pair of air jordan tennis shoes, we haven't seen anything yet!:eek5:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I see no difference in selling in demand PMAGS in short supply for $25.00/each, than selling corn for $8.50/bushel, or soybeans for $14.00/bushel, or wheat for $8.00/bushel.:dunno:

Eating is more of a neccessity than buying 30 round magazines for your AR!

I don't see anyone calling farmers, "Dicks"!:eek4:

I cannot set the price for a commodity nor the input costs associated with it. I can only chose to sell or not at today's market that I have no say so in.
    BYW there are plenty of people who call farmers dicks, not too many here but there are plenty.

Top Bottom