Bubba Bob in his jacked up 4x4 just cost me a windshield -- A$$h@l3

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Crash between Highland and Bluff this morning backed traffic to a standstill way past 73 (almost to 74). Now Airline highway is backed up all the way down to 74 because that was the alternate route for the crash.

Try to estimate the cost to everyone! Their work, their employers, the mental stress, maybe kids late for school, the money in commerce lost, etc.

Now ask yourself, I wonder what the dumbass that caused this was doing at the time he/she crashed? And why we shouldn't be trying to do something more about it?

I suppose not enough people have been killed (yet), by these idiots to illicit a serious response from lawmakers.

But just give it time! ;)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, what is YOUR solution?

Actually yes I would ,I can stop a robbery or assault of just about anything that the police can and even a .22 in the hand is better than a dispatcher on the phone but I can't do anything about the rock throwers or drunk drivers or idiot on the cell phones in my lane .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Any vehicle has the ability to throw a rock from the ground and crack a windshield. That issue is not isolated to a truck with tires that stick out further than 1" beyond the fenders. The fenders sit above the tire and may extend down the back of the tire. There is no legal standard as to how far down the fender or car body must extend that would allow a police officer to issue a citation. But some people want the police to stop looking for violent offenders so they can write tickets to stop an occurrence that is not directly related to the violation. And the people who are calling for less police presence are justifying their request by saying they can take care of themselves but they aren't mentioning anything about the other citizens who benefit from the deterrence offered by police patrolling the area. I guess they either don't care about anyone else or they envision themselves as a vigilante out to save the neighborhood.

So what's my solution to the problem? I don't have one because I don't see what's being presented as a widespread problem that can be fixed with a widespread policy change and more traffic tickets.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Disable text in a moving vehicle. simple as hell!
    Wingate

A new law could be passed disabling all but hands free option when the phone senses it is moving above a certain speed. Are you ok with the passengers being inconvenienced as well? And would there be an exception, as the law allows now, for GPS use?

- - - Updated - - -

Crash between Highland and Bluff this morning backed traffic to a standstill way past 73 (almost to 74). Now Airline highway is backed up all the way down to 74 because that was the alternate route for the crash.

Try to estimate the cost to everyone! Their work, their employers, the mental stress, maybe kids late for school, the money in commerce lost, etc.

Now ask yourself, I wonder what the dumbass that caused this was doing at the time he/she crashed? And why we shouldn't be trying to do something more about it?

I suppose not enough people have been killed (yet), by these idiots to illicit a serious response from lawmakers.

But just give it time! ;)

Maybe the crash was caused by tires extending more than 1" beyond the fenders.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    A new law could be passed disabling all but hands free option when the phone senses it is moving above a certain speed. Are you ok with the passengers being inconvenienced as well? And would there be an exception, as the law allows now, for GPS use?

I would be OK with hands-free as that would keep the texters at bay and would not have a problem with the passengers being inconvenienced as well (Two or more teenagers in a car showinng the text to others)
    I guess i am just a A$$hole LOL
    Wingate

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

It is absolutely sad that we now live in an age where so many people are not only inconsiderate and ill-mannered, but are just plain stupid when it comes to driving and sharing the road.

My blood boils at the thought I must be inconvenienced every time a class, group, or culture of morons pushes the conveniences and usefulness of science and technology passed the realm of safety. If I knew their behavior could only result in their own deaths or the deaths of their passengers, I wouldn't give a rats ass. But it doesn't. And I don't want myself or any of my family members being a poster face of the perils of someone else's idiocy.

As an additional question to you LEO's; Is there a routine, procedure, or protocol to determine if distracted driving (particularly texting), was a factor in determining the causes of crashes (including non-fatal ones)? And if so; what are the consequences if that is established?

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    As an additional question to you LEO's; Is there a routine, procedure, or protocol to determine if distracted driving (particularly texting), was a factor in determining the causes of crashes (including non-fatal ones)? And if so; what are the consequences if that is established?
    If there is it was not used when this young girl ran a red light and T-boned me.
    Wingate

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    If they don't admit to being on their phone, it would required a subpoena of phone records, seizing the phone, and having a digital forensics person examine it. Good luck getting a judge to sign off on that for a traffic ticket.

Top Bottom