Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I was bored so I put together a map. Not real sure where the new BZ is but if someone would like to point it out, that'd be great...THX

i4711_Bz.jpg

TTT

Looks like the numbers are reversed between the two maps

Last edited:

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL
    Has anyone gone there recently and is it open? If Honey Island is closed this weekend, I want to try out my new AR somewhere local.

There is no "open" as such as it isn't an official range.
    It is just wide open wasteland owned by NASA where a few of us, and others go to shoot.
    I have been there many times but not this year so far.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Lots of action out there today. 2 groups of people at site 3. I sat and watched for a while. Their target was set up "ON TOP" of the backstop. Just at the right height for a miss to clear the far wall of the pit and go wild into the woods. When one fellow asked what MOA meant and another answered "mode of operation," I decided that the prudent course of action was to retreat.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    No, There were 3 fellas and 2 teens shooting mostly AR's. They were set up with tables at the roadside at site #3.
    My wife and I went down to the cemetery and tried out a new AK. I say new, actually I bought it in October from AsianAK and yesterday was our first shoot with it. It runs great Eric, thanks.

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    No, There were 3 fellas and 2 teens shooting mostly AR's. They were set up with tables at the roadside at site #3.
    My wife and I went down to the cemetery and tried out a new AK. I say new, actually I bought it in October from AsianAK and yesterday was our first shoot with it. It runs great Eric, thanks.

You must not have shot a whole heck of a lot. Not very many 7.62 x 39 on the ground-- unless you were picking it up.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    LOL, sorry we missed you. I keep wondering if I'll ever actually meet a BS'er out there.
    It was late. We ran 100 rounds and went home to cook dinner. Besides, Honey outshot me.:squint: She does so frequently:wtc:
    Seven months owning without firing just seemed dumb. I trust AsianAK, but what if there was something wrong he didn't know about. I sat around all day thinking, "I gotta shoot it, I gotta shoot it."

I'll have to give you a heads up next time I go. Maybe shoot together.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    LOL, sorry we missed you. I keep wondering if I'll ever actually meet a BS'er out there.
    It was late. We ran 100 rounds and went home to cook dinner. Besides, Honey outshot me.:squint: She does so frequently:wtc:
    Seven months owning without firing just seemed dumb. I trust AsianAK, but what if there was something wrong he didn't know about. I sat around all day thinking, "I gotta shoot it, I gotta shoot it."

I'll have to give you a heads up next time I go. Maybe shoot together.

I was out there today, so not much for you to miss. Do let me know the next time you go, though!

Really prefer BZ3, with the open space, berm and visible pit wall. There's also just enough shade cast by the row of trees that separates the pit from the road to make it pleasant. Lots of trash starting to pile up out there, though-- I snagged what I could, along with my own junk, on the way out.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Really prefer BZ3, with the open space, berm and visible pit wall. Me, too. But the other folks left no room for anyone else.

Lots of trash starting to pile up out there, though-- I snagged what I could, along with my own junk, on the way out. Me, too. Don't want to give any reason to close the pit.

Do let me know the next time you go, though! Will do.
    :cool:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I'm planning on a run out there this coming Monday. I need to get the new AR sighted in and pattern some rounds through the 12ga.

Top Bottom