Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • #1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Well maybe not.I would like to have regular practice sessions like at presision on monday nights.Everyone interested link up on my friends list and we can get something going.

Last edited:

Adam490

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    Here's what bambam was talking about...

be9f4356.jpg

There are 5-6 computers laying out in the field too.

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    DO NOT GO OUT THERE!!!!! today the sheriff came out and told us to get on the ground and took our guns said he was taking us to jail.finally let us go because we were respectful. Said he arrested people last two weekends in a row. DO NOT F$@#ING GO OUT THERE!!!!

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    DO NOT GO OUT THERE!!!!! today the sheriff came out and told us to get on the ground and took our guns said he was taking us to jail.finally let us go because we were respectful. Said he arrested people last two weekends in a row. DO NOT F$@#ING GO OUT THERE!!!!

Can you specify which pit you were at? I've been to all three and have never seen LE, other than the ones that were shooting there.

Jed

Bloody Foreigner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Clearwater Beach, FL

Let you go because you were respectful?
    A sheriff...like a boss Hogg dude with a badge and a gun and a cigar in the middle of his face, or just a cop?
    Only one "officer"?
    Did you get your guns back?
    Details please. :)

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    Bz 3, the one in the pictures on this page. I am not exaggerating we were this close to going to jail. He was very unhappy we were from LS.

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    He was an older guy in a sheriff truck. He did eventually give us our guns back but was pissed. ran all our names vehicle and guns. Searched us... I think he was mostly upset with the trespassing.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Damn, i was out there last saturday for 3 hrs and this past saturday for 6 straight hrs and never saw a soul. I even put out yardage markers every 25 yards out to 150 and if you shoot from the road its 200 to the far wall, been shooting my new savage mark 2 tr and it is excellent with wolf match target. Was shooting hard boiled eggs and it was no problem out to 200 using my mil dot recticle.

Last edited:

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Could someone from Mississippi please go to the closest Sherrifs office and get an answer about shooting out there, maybe get a ph# to call so we can respectfully call and let them know we will be out there, maybe that will ease some tensions. I really like going out there and setting up my table and easy up shade tent and spending 3-6 hours shooting my eggs and animal crackers. And also if someone wants to meet me out there i will bring the rakes and garbage bags and chest full of powerades and do a little clean up.

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    attatched is a pic (nevermind, it wouldnt attatch, but the Co does own the pit, i checked) that shows the owner of this pit is truly hancock county. It appears that the first say 20 feet that front the road are owned by someone else, but that doesnt make sense to me, but different areas do split stuff up weird.

I think someone should get in touch with the sheriffs office and get this all strightned out. I think an email would be best. I would get this map from the county gis that shows ownership and verify it though the assessors office, and also as them about the road frontage, sometimes GIS systems are off by a good 5-10 feet. If anyone is willing to do this, i can show you where to get the maps and get you the numbers for the assessors office, just pm me.

It seems there is a different story with LE out there based on who you run into.

Might I also suggest that someone gets in contact with the county and informs them that with their permission we would like to have a clean up day out there. Just get a bunch of people together with trucks and garage bags and clean the crap up and hall it away.

You guys have a great thing out here and you want to take care of it so it doesnt go away like the last BZ did.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    I was out there May 29th testing some new handguns. Saw all the Damn computers & figured something like this was coming. Although I didn't see any LE, there was a steady stream of teens showing up and tearing into whatever they could find to shoot with 12 Gauges & .22lrs, mainly those computers. Some of the teens that talked to us were amazed to find out we were from Louisiana as well. I didn't think it was a big deal but apparently the guy Sero dealt with did too!

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    I was out there a couple weeks ago and talked to the Sheriff, he said that this was the only place that you could shoot at. The cemetery and the pit North of the interstate where off limits but this one was fine. He is the same Sheriff that I've seen out there many times. The only person that has kinda freaked out was a survey crew that was in the area was hunkered down until they realized that we were at the pit and not shooting across the field on the West side of the road. Their boss came over and chatted with us for a while while we where reloading mags and said that people where shooting at this pit all the time. I don't know maybe things have changed. Was anybody acting like fools just before you noticed the Sheriff?

Last edited:

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    No and I dont think anyone called him on us either. He said the guy who owned the land spent 11000$ cleaning the place and is mad about all the trash getting dumped. My friends vehicle had minnesota plates which could be why he stopped. ive been out there almost seven weekends in a row and he never drove by but this man was ready to take us to jail and confiscate over 2000$ worth of guns. " put your hands in the dirt y'all just messed up thinking you can come out here from louisiana and trespass on private property and shoot out here y'all are all going to jail and I'm gonna give your guns to the swat team". look yall believe what you want we almost went to jail. let's find out who owns this place and go clean it up...

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    A good 80 percent of the pit is owned by hancock county. There is a small narrow strip of land on the north side of the pit by the tree line owned by sam whitfield. There is a small strip of land on the road side of the pit that is owned by a mrs earl holden.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    I've never seen a single posted anything stating "No Trespassing," "Private Land," "Keep Off," etc....

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    Some people were told by a sheriffs deputy that the county had built the berm and dug the trench for people to shoot. Someone needs to contact the county and as the what the deal is.

Top Bottom