Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    If that's the same lady that drove by while we were being dealt with she owns the field across the road and according to the sheriff last year some off duty firemen got their 2010 ford truck stuck in it and before they made it back to tow it out the lady set fire to it and blew it up. They really dont like people from LS. if anyone called on us it was her. He said something to her like "mrs billy bob ricky bobby...etc. these boys think they can just come out here on this mans property and shoot..." And she said something about another groupf boys shewitnessed being arrested a couple of weeks earlier.

gotabyte

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Slidell, LA
    I just spoke with Hancock Sheriff Dept main office and they directed me to a Sergeant on Hancock County Sheriffs office. He told me that the pit that is located off the dirt road all the way down and to the right is open for us to shoot at, which appears to be BZ2. It is property of Hancock County and was put there by the county and is legal to shoot at. I don't want to post his specific info on a public forum but you can obtain it by calling 228-467-5101.

He did say that the old one to the north was closed and you will get a citation for shooting there.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    If he was speaking officially go ahead and post his name, that way we can have it written down with the ph# if someone trys to start trouble. If not please PM it to me and i will verify, Thanks

I am going out there this weekend to do some cleanup, i'll post later what day and time.

Last edited:

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I think it would be ok to post the name of the guy you talked to if he was answering you in an official capacity.

Adam490

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Hammond, LA
    I've been out there on more than one occasion and had the Sheriff pass by and wave. Sero, that whole story sounds whack to me and the abbreviation for Louisiana is 'LA'...

Setting someones truck on fire and blowing it up?? A LEO threatening to give your guns to the SWAT team? I doubt any competent LEO would approach multiple armed persons without having another unit on scene. Did you get this officers name?

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    We were down by the berm checking the targets our guns were back by the road. whatever go out there and get arrested. i posted this so it wouldn't happen to other people not so someone could critique my abreviations. Grew up in florida moved here for work.

Last edited:

aguero83

shooting cause i can ...
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    slidell,la
    Wtf "sero" is this guy blowing smoke? I can't stand people starting **** over the Internet. Can you say ban his ass if this story turns out untrue. Caught the truck on fire and blew it up what is this a Rambo movie lol..... and the crazy cat lady who owns the field across the way. I don't think anyone would purposely shoot and blow up someone's truck. I call BS and that's not bayou shooter.

sero

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    nola
    ban me if it's not true? go ahead I don't want the spot for myself I actually looked forward to meeting other bs members out there until recently when I found out what asses they can be. And how am I the one starting **** all im doing is telling what happened. The story about the car is what the cop told us I dont know anything aabou it. Maybe you have sympathy for the ******* cop "didn't get a name" cause you are one yourself. I go on the site everyday to further m.y knowledge about guns not to talk **** and tell lies and I can't believe how vicious you all are being. I've heard this has been the spot to go for years and that's why I'm so surprised that this happen to us. some old cop with nothing better to do you came out and that's what happened. while he was trying to figure out whether to arrest us or not he told us the crazy story about the truck getting blown up. like I said before he could've only stopped because of my friends plates. but he did stopp in that's what happened so I figured I would come o.n here to warn everyone else. I didn't get his name I was more concerned with going to jail. maybe it's because we have tattoos in don't look like rednecks from mississippi. maybe it won't happen to you.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Yep, the day before your episode. The deputy I passed 1/4 mile from the pit waved as I passed him. Met some other BS members there, who had been shooting for an hour or so.

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Well people I am out at the bz right now and I just had a face to face with Sergent Borja, who is one of the nicest gentlemen I have ever spoken to, I was actually out there turning boards looking for snakes(another hobby of mine) the pit with the berm is the only place you can legally shoot, if you see someone dumping please get a pic and plate#, do not shoot over the berm, clean up your crap, if we want to keep the pit open we need to clean it up before the county gets pissed and shuts it down, I plan o n doing that real soon. He is a firearm friendly Officer who incidently was at the Red Jacket shoot last week. We the shooting community have a friend in Sergent Borja and need to make sure it stays that way.

Last edited:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Well people I am out at the bz right now and I just had a face to face with Sergent Borja, who is one of the nicest gentlemen I have ever spoken to, I was actually out there turning boards looking for snakes(another hobby of mine) the pit with the berm is the only place you can legally shoot, if you see someone dumping please get a pic and plate#, do not shoot over the berm, clean up your crap, if we want to keep the pit open we need to clean it up before the county gets pissed and shuts it down, I plan o n doing that real soon. He is a firearm friendly Officer who incidently was at the Red Jacket shoot last week. We the shooting community have a friend in Sergent Borja and need to make sure it stays that way.
    Just to be crystal clear, you are at the #3 spot as noted in the map posted earlier in this thread, right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom