Buffer Zone Suggestion Thread ** Official

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    Went out there today to what is labeled zone 3 the spot down from the point cemetery. And had no issues! Shot from 1030am till 100pm! Fun day with my buddy! We shot my weatherby vanguard .308 and his smith and wesson ar15! We cleaned up and picked up all our messes!

Thanks Chuck H48. I'm bringing up an image from a couple pages back to try to clarify what you're telling us. I do this, because I went back five pages, and I didn't see the pics you're talking about.
    Are you saying that pit#3 is OK, but the rest are off-limits? I was at pit#3 yesterday and got off a few hundred rounds at orange clays, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. First time in almost a year. God! It was glorious. The thing is it was now full of garbage just like the old pit. It took what - a year for the butt-heads to trash the place? Sometimes I'm disgusted with the human race.

[/B]

....so for those here who display their obvious lack of reading/comprehension/basic understanding of the English language.
    I think what the kind Sergeant is saying is. So the lone area left open to shoot in the BZ is PIC 2 on the map. All other areas are closed and off limits

im not sure if the Sergeant was incorrect on the labeled map. he says in his post that Pic 3 is not ok to shoot, but on the labeled map, Pic 3 is not the cemetery. Pic 2 is the cemetery. Pic 3 on the labeled map is the area with the berm that was built with the dip in it. and that's the zone that the sergeant said i was correct to shoot at with the directions i pmed him.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    It's the one just past the pond, on the right.

NOT next to the cemetery.
    NOT under the power lines.

When you go, PLEASE take at least one bag of trash with you when you leave.

If there's a berm at 100 yards where you're shooting, you're good to go. That's true whatever PIC or number or whatever you prefer to call it.

fr3nchy524

resident asian shooter!
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    new orleans
    If there's a berm at 100 yards where you're shooting, you're good to go. That's true whatever PIC or number or whatever you prefer to call it.

that's the one! i drove by the cemetery pit, and theres a small berm there also, but it's pretty messy down there, and the shooting distance isn't far either.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Went out there today to what is labeled zone 3 the spot down from the point cemetery. And had no issues! Shot from 1030am till 100pm! Fun day with my buddy! We shot my weatherby vanguard .308 and his smith and wesson ar15! We cleaned up and picked up all our messes!

Thanks Chuck H48. I'm bringing up an image from a couple pages back to try to clarify what you're telling us. I do this, because I went back five pages, and I didn't see the pics you're talking about.
    Are you saying that pit#3 is OK, but the rest are off-limits? I was at pit#3 yesterday and got off a few hundred rounds at orange clays, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. First time in almost a year. God! It was glorious. The thing is it was now full of garbage just like the old pit. It took what - a year for the butt-heads to trash the place? Sometimes I'm disgusted with the human race.

[/B]

....so for those here who display their obvious lack of reading/comprehension/basic understanding of the English language.
    I think what the kind Sergeant is saying is. So the lone area left open to shoot in the BZ is PIC 2 on the map. All other areas are closed and off limits

Jed, the problem was not with the language, but the lack of a picture to go along with the reference to a picture. Get it?

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    spent the day there today. is this part of mississippi's new waste disposal program? is it called lets shoot some trash? no but had a really good time. fairly private in grand scheme of shooting ranges. pretty sure i hit a laptop 3 times before it hit the ground with 12 gauge pump.

SCAR17S

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Terrytown/Gretna
    oh no doubt we spent a cool hour sifting through the mess. the only thing we found worth while was the laptop for skeet shooting though. had a great time.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I enjoyed it as well. It was a bit embarrassing though for us both to be out-shot by the lady :)

No, seriously, that's one of the things I like so much about going to the BZ. I get to meet lots of good people out there.

Top Bottom