Cabela's plays both sides of the fence.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    They have an awesome used gun Libray and will deal. Yes regular cost on regular is MSRP but I have gotten a few on sale plus used my points

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    When I had a rifle shipped to a local pawn shop last year we talked about the CHP deal. At that time my CHP was about to expire and I knew they couldn't use mine. The pawn shop employee told me they run you even if you have the CHP issued after the date because they ran someone that had the proper CHP and they got delayed so they run everyone now.

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I buy from cabelas when it makes sense. It's quite easy to get gift cards 20% off and when you combine that with sales you can do well. I just paid about $1600 including tax for a Beretta 690 field 1 from there, retail on it is $2600 before tax. But if you're just looking to buy something, look elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    Sorry I don't check this board often. I will get you the writing from ATF.

Note: Notwithstanding the dates set forth below, permits qualify as alternatives to the background check requirements of the Brady law for no more than 5 years from the date of issuance. The permit must be valid under State law in order to qualify as a Brady alternative.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

So it has nothing to do with expiration date, and everything to do with issue date. That is directly out of the mouth of ATF, at my last Audit.

As long as the issue date is after 03/09/2015, and not more than 5 years old, a lifetime permit is a go as the exception is written now. Once the Lifetime issued permit is past 5 years it is a nogo.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Sorry I don't check this board often. I will get you the writing from ATF.

Note: Notwithstanding the dates set forth below, permits qualify as alternatives to the background check requirements of the Brady law for no more than 5 years from the date of issuance. The permit must be valid under State law in order to qualify as a Brady alternative.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

So it has nothing to do with expiration date, and everything to do with issue date. That is directly out of the mouth of ATF, at my last Audit.

As long as the issue date is after 03/09/2015, and not more than 5 years old, a lifetime permit is a go as the exception is written now. Once the Lifetime issued permit is past 5 years it is a nogo.

Ok thank you for the info. Does anyone have a Lifetime permit if so what kind of dates do they put on them? I've never seen one.

Specularius

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    N31 20, W92 14
    My Lifetime permit has the issue date of my very first permit from 2009. I bought my lifetime when I renewed. I am coming up on needing to take a training class to keep my permit valid. I still have not seen any directions on how that will be handled as the first lifetime permits issued have not reached the 5 year mark yet.

First Lifetime licenses were issued on August 1, 2013.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Walker, LA
    I have a local gunshop and can tell you that 99% of the time I save customers hundreds of dollars over what the big box retailers charge. The original post is accurate that many big box retailers have manufacturers make specific models that are exclusive to them, but when you compare it to another model they offer you will generally see that it is almost identical. Don't spend your money in these big box stores, they most certainly sell at MSRP and if I tried that in my store I would never sell a gun. Shop locally and save yourself some time and money.

Jstevens56

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2017
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a local gunshop and can tell you that 99% of the time I save customers hundreds of dollars over what the big box retailers charge. The original post is accurate that many big box retailers have manufacturers make specific models that are exclusive to them, but when you compare it to another model they offer you will generally see that it is almost identical. Don't spend your money in these big box stores, they most certainly sell at MSRP and if I tried that in my store I would never sell a gun. Shop locally and save yourself some time and money.
    What's the name of the shop?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    academy has the same policy... if not approved instantly.. they reserve the right to not sell and wont tell you that either.. they tell you you got a delay, and when you call back 3 days later they tell you they reserve the right to refuse sale to anybody, and without an approval they refuse it

Top Bottom