Caliber used on Usama?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Got to go with the handgun for the killshot, most likely the other standard issue pistol of the SEALS, a suppressed H&K M23 Mod O .45 Cal. SOCOM considering the nature of the mission and the need for the heavier round against enemies who would be most likely armed with larger caliber assault rifles. Yes, the Sig Sauer M11 P228 is the official handgun of the SEALS, however it would seem less appropriate for this particular mission due to the small caliber (9 mm). There really is no question that it was a handgun and not an assault rifle or SMG due to the fact that the kill-shot was, as noted, a double-tap, which not only is much more difficult to achieve with an MP5 or an M4A1 simply due to the recoil of both weapons, but it's highly uncommon for a selective fire weapon to be set on single-shot in a close-quarters combat situation. So considering that the probability that their MP5's and M4A1's were most likely set to three-round burst or automatic, it is impossible to get a double-tap with those settings on those weapons.

Play Call-of-duty much?

latech15

Master class Hero
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Pineville
    I heard it was a 1911 in honor of the centennial. I heard is was a bayou bullet that did it too. Or maybe it was a moon clipped, carmonized, 625 JM. Yeah, that's more like it.

Not really....

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    a double-tap, which not only is much more difficult to achieve with an MP5 or an M4A1 simply due to the recoil of both weapons

I'm gonna leave the rest of the post alone for the time being. This video demonstrates that the statement above is very inaccurate.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaCpOt9xVy4[/ame]

Last edited:

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The trio of SEALs I have asked about the Mk 23 said that it's pretty widely hated. I've heard the same from several other folks who have association, professional or otherwise, with the Teams.

If you've ever even seen one in person (much less put your hands on it), you know why.

So the media is reporting that it was two specific trigger presses that lead to his demise? Or are they just throwing the catchy term "double tap" around because he got shot twice in the dome?

GWB

dumb? you better be tough
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Fleming Island, FL
    They should have tied him to a pole and let a 10 man firing squad continously shoot him with Beeman pellet rifles till he was dead.

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Got to go with the handgun for the killshot, most likely the other standard issue pistol of the SEALS, a suppressed H&K M23 Mod O .45 Cal. SOCOM considering the nature of the mission and the need for the heavier round against enemies who would be most likely armed with larger caliber assault rifles. Yes, the Sig Sauer M11 P228 is the official handgun of the SEALS, however it would seem less appropriate for this particular mission due to the small caliber (9 mm). There really is no question that it was a handgun and not an assault rifle or SMG due to the fact that the kill-shot was, as noted, a double-tap, which not only is much more difficult to achieve with an MP5 or an M4A1 simply due to the recoil of both weapons, but it's highly uncommon for a selective fire weapon to be set on single-shot in a close-quarters combat situation. So considering that the probability that their MP5's and M4A1's were most likely set to three-round burst or automatic, it is impossible to get a double-tap with those settings on those weapons.

No.... I.... just..... uh......

:rofl:

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    :todd:

Actually I found it on another website but couldn't copy the credits. Sounded pretty credible except for the one part, but these are skilled marksmen that do shoot better than any of of us.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Jesus people.

DEVGRU and Delta both use the HK416, HK417 and HK45. They didn't go in there lookin to kill everyone, just him. Stealth, Speed, and Violence of action. The entire mission took 40min, that includes 30min of flight time. Deploy, engage, get out.

Equipment load out varies due to mission requirements, but these are the main tools in use.

Dude, call of duty isnt how it works in the real world.

Last edited:

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    No. Never asked for permission, just don't give a rats ass.

Thin skin?

Call of duty, no I don't play it. Last game I played was on a Nintendo 64 so that would lead one to believe I'm not exactly a kid.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    No, very thick skinned actually. You're the one who resorted to name calling, but I'm willing to forget it.

Burst is worthless on an M4, the only time I ever used it was when we were depleting the rest of our blanks, and even then I could have dumped the mags faster on semi.

Last edited:

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    Well it's like this. I made a post explaining where the info came from then, you quote my original post and insinuate I got the ideology from playing games. I've been reading the replies since I posted yesterday and never resorted to cussing anyone after all the negative comments. This time I was just playing the hand that was dealt and calling em like I see em.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Not helping your case by calling me a dumbass. You stated where you read the info, but not where it came from. Credits from what? A film, article, website?

I wasn't the first to state the "Call Of Cuty" reference, just the one you decided to act on. Perhaps it was the the manner in which you stated your first reply. You seem like an intelligent individual, but came across as someone without very much experience around firearms.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom