California Sucks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Well I guess I'm not as mad at them as others are.

It's just aggravating that I have to get approval from Ca doj to ship a gun.

It's not the guy who's buying its fault, its their stupid system. The person who is buying the gun has to jump through even more hurdles.

Yep. It's me, gun has been bought and paid for since last week. "FDE" is not in the effing system, it's absolutely ridiculous. So for me to get it out here is no problem but because it's not in CA's system of approved guns yet I have to either wait to take possession of it until it is in the system (no estimated timeframe) or have it converted to a single shot barrel until my 10 day probation period is over and that requires a 100.00 deposit on top of the other bs fees. So I guess I'm throwing down the deposit, thanks again Jason and sorry for the headache man. This will be the last firearm I attempt to get shipped out here. The rest will be smuggled....hopefully I'm back in Houma by the end of next year.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    That seems to be the one place "Everyone has gone that I have not".
    I heard that only the laws there suck, and that the people and scenery are amazing, by and large. No opinion of my own, though--never been.

You'll hate it...trust me

call Dr Phil

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Yep. It's me, gun has been bought and paid for since last week. "FDE" is not in the effing system, it's absolutely ridiculous. So for me to get it out here is no problem but because it's not in CA's system of approved guns yet I have to either wait to take possession of it until it is in the system (no estimated timeframe) or have it converted to a single shot barrel until my 10 day probation period is over and that requires a 100.00 deposit on top of the other bs fees. So I guess I'm throwing down the deposit, thanks again Jason and sorry for the headache man. This will be the last firearm I attempt to get shipped out here. The rest will be smuggled....hopefully I'm back in Houma by the end of next year.

Damn man, that's ridiculous. All that ******** just because it's a different color. I wonder if you could find out how long it took the OD framed Glocks to enter the system after they were released, you might be back in Houma by the time it's approved!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I lived there for about 10 years. Loved the weather, hated the politics. The people were good and bad. Gun laws sucked. And the DOJ approved list is a pain. I hate shipping guns there. At least I have good luck so far.

tigertaylor1

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Houma, LA
    Damn man, that's ridiculous. All that ******** just because it's a different color. I wonder if you could find out how long it took the OD framed Glocks to enter the system after they were released, you might be back in Houma by the time it's approved!

I know man, I'm seriously thinking about just having my Dad drive there and take possession of it and bypass all of this bs. I just wouldn't have it until I came home again. I heard about gun laws out here but never thought they would be this bad.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I know man, I'm seriously thinking about just having my Dad drive there and take possession of it and bypass all of this bs. I just wouldn't have it until I came home again. I heard about gun laws out here but never thought they would be this bad.

You know what, I don't really wanna do this but...I'll pick it up and hold it for you. It's the least I can do.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    In what liberal way did they make them nearly useless? I saw a CA compliant model of the DD I bought, but am not aware what the differences are.

i havnt really looked too much into it because i dont really care but they can only have ten round mags and the bullet button mag release, you have to push the tip of a bullet into the button (or any other similar shaped tool) to get it to release

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    ...I heard that only the laws there suck, and that the people and scenery are amazing, by and large. No opinion of my own, though--never been.

I can't tell you how true this is. Yes, there are parts to avoid, but not many. Pretty much anything between Santa Barbra and Oceanside (greater L.A. area) sucks. And in general, the farther you get from the ocean, the less nice everything becomes. San Deigo is the most beautiful place I have ever been, though. And California people are really laid back, easy going, and super nice.(I wonder why...) Even the cops are laid back and easy going. The stupid guns laws there are the only reason I don't want to move back. The biggest thing that no one ever really talks about is the air. Aside from L.A., the air in California is SWEET, and the weather is always perfect. In SoCal, anyway.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston

Make a drive to bakersfield.You will find what you need there......

Top Bottom