can i give my 16 year old niece a handgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Does anyone know the LA code citation for the “domicile extension (or not)” concept? I was told “yes” by an insurance adjuster (definitely NOT an attorney) who told me that is why my homeowner’s insurance covered the theft of items (including firearms) from my vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with that one .

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What if your Daughter decides to gender identity as a boy right before the traffic stop?
    Does that change anything?
    Asking for a friend!:mamoru:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    What if your Daughter decides to gender identity as a boy right before the traffic stop?
    Does that change anything?
    Asking for a friend!:mamoru:

i think your on to something... if you can change your sexual identification regardless of organs... couldnt you in turn change your age.... Just identify as a 22 year old.. i wouldnt go 21, to many possibilities being that close just add a year

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    if that dont work... theres alwasy this one :x:

Attachments

• ef1.jpg
      ef1.jpg
      11.2 KB · Views: 57

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Paragraph 7. clearly states with written parental permission on your person: said persons under age 18 may posses a handgun. It does not specify where: this means she can open carry in non prohibited areas. It also implies she can posses the handgun in her vehicle stowed. It also implies she could open carry anywhere allowed on public or private property, but she must have that parental permission letter on her at all times. Apparently no one is allowed to carry concealed below the age of 18, this is unconstitutional of true. The law of your state was written to entrap unsavory individuals so that police could arrest and charge them with a minor crime while confiscating their handgun, or so it seems. Ironically any crime committed is enough to warrant arrest and confiscation, yet these strange unconstitutional laws still remain so that an officer can simply detain and or arrest a juvenile if they see them carrying a gun concealed or otherwise. I wonder how many would acknowledge Paragraph 7 with written permission from a guardian? If there was ever an incident I would question, confirm permission, and let said juvenile walk. I thank God, I live in a constitutional state! I would risk the violation to arm my daughters in a heartbeat if they were comfortable carrying. There are many unconstitutional laws in effect across the states and even Fed. Sad reality.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    i think your on to something... if you can change your sexual identification regardless of organs... couldnt you in turn change your age.... Just identify as a 22 year old.. i wouldnt go 21, to many possibilities being that close just add a year

LOL! Age is just a number and you are only as old as you feel! Surely the law must recognize this eventually right?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Move to Texas... over here your vehicle IS an extension of your home. And you don't need no stinkin plastic anymore to carry...

You don't need a "stinkin plastic" card here to carry in your vehicle along as it's or concealed on your body

Top Bottom