Cancelled my USCCA membership today…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    A firm that promised to cover my legal expenses/provide an attorney if I’m ever in a pickle over a self defense shooting. If you haven’t seen the ads or heard about them by now, go check them out. My YouTube feed has been bombarded by stories about these guys literally turning against their clients. This is not the first story I’ve heard about them backing out of a claim. What’s worse is how they went about it. More than once, they passed judgement on the client. I made an informed decision and cancelled my membership/coverage. It’s one thing for a service like this to refuse a claim. It’s another altogether to turn on and pass judgement on a client on the public stage. I’m thinking a prosecutor could use that to sway a jury. I’d rather take my chances with a local attorney and my own purse. If any of you have or are thinking about any type of defense shooting insurance, please do your homework.
    I’m not saying CCW insurance is a bad idea, as I’m currently researching and looking for an alternative, but I’m convinced USCCA is not the one for me.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    From what I've read, the issue with have insurance is if you are found guilty then they can't cover the costs. Something about it's against the law to pay out a claim on something that is illegal.

That's why some are recommending to get a lawyer on retainer.

IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    First of all ALL insurance companies are legalized pyramid schemes that the government allow because it can be tracked and taxed. Me and my friend were discussing how if you and a group of friends decided to put 1000 dollars in a pot and the every time you made it to the top you get the pot and just add 1000 back to keep it circulating, the government would come after you because they couldn't collect the taxes. But insurance companies uses people money to pay claims but have the nerve to close up shop if too many accidents or natural disasters occur. We pay all our lives into insurance and if you NEVER filed a claim you shouldn't be forced to pay until you use your money up.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    First of all ALL insurance companies are legalized pyramid schemes that the government allow because it can be tracked and taxed. Me and my friend were discussing how if you and a group of friends decided to put 1000 dollars in a pot and the every time you made it to the top you get the pot and just add 1000 back to keep it circulating, the government would come after you because they couldn't collect the taxes. But insurance companies uses people money to pay claims but have the nerve to close up shop if too many accidents or natural disasters occur. We pay all our lives into insurance and if you NEVER filed a claim you shouldn't be forced to pay until you use your money up.
    That’s my point or with home owners ins… when you finally make a claim for like hurricane you have to argue with them over what’s actually covered and wether it was actually flood water or blaa blaa blaa, and if you ever do “ok” on a claim good luck cause the next year your ins rate will jump and or get dropped cause you actually utilized your coverage you have been paying on for years

Tonyaav

Tony
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Natchitoches ( outside of )
    I use Firearms Legal Protection. Years ago at a renewal at FRC ,they pitched them. Have always gotten someone on phone immediately when updating payment or a question. Anyone know anything bad about this particular company? Been paying them for years.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I dunno what to think when influencers push bad products. Colion noir with uscca, mike glover and Jack Carr endorsing black rifle coffee company. I guess if they’re getting paid to do it, why not.
    They get paid to influence, doesn’t me it has to be a good influence lol just one that makes them money, more views and likes all equal more money, so they can play on YouTube while we work 9-5 and pay for they’re high $ narcissistic life style to try all the latest and greatest and brag about it while they influence us lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom