Cancelled my USCCA membership today…

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I dunno what to think when influencers push bad products. Colion noir with uscca, mike glover and Jack Carr endorsing black rifle coffee company. I guess if they’re getting paid to do it, why not.
    Gotta read between the lines - some influencers will only endorse products that they legitimately believe in. Glover and Carr definitely fall into this bucket. I'm not as sure about Colion Noir.

Glover (and FCS) have a business relationship with BRCC. I was up in Kalispell, MT, last fall for a hike and I went by the BRCC that's owned by Andy Stumph and half of the store had Fieldcraft Survival stuff in it (including Glover's book, Prepared, which I highly recommend). I could have spent sooooo much $$$ on all the cool **** there, LOL.

The short answer is, "No."

Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington
    A firm that promised to cover my legal expenses/provide an attorney if I’m ever in a pickle over a self defense shooting. If you haven’t seen the ads or heard about them by now, go check them out. My YouTube feed has been bombarded by stories about these guys literally turning against their clients. This is not the first story I’ve heard about them backing out of a claim. What’s worse is how they went about it. More than once, they passed judgement on the client. I made an informed decision and cancelled my membership/coverage. It’s one thing for a service like this to refuse a claim. It’s another altogether to turn on and pass judgement on a client on the public stage. I’m thinking a prosecutor could use that to sway a jury. I’d rather take my chances with a local attorney and my own purse. If any of you have or are thinking about any type of defense shooting insurance, please do your homework.
    I’m not saying CCW insurance is a bad idea, as I’m currently researching and looking for an alternative, but I’m convinced USCCA is not the one for me.

Watch a video today about them not helping members out. Then with them talking bad about its member in a video they made in response to the matter!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Reading over the comments best I can, I don’t see a lifted eyebrow at the other issue I mentioned. Not only did USCCA not represent her, they decided she was guilty of murder. Not only did they throw her under the bus, looks like they also backed up over her a few times, drug her down the street and set fire to her.

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    Reading over the comments best I can, I don’t see a lifted eyebrow at the other issue I mentioned. Not only did USCCA not represent her, they decided she was guilty of murder. Not only did they throw her under the bus, looks like they also backed up over her a few times, drug her down the street and set fire to her.
    I seen several comment or allude to it. Last thing I need is my insurance company preemptively announcing I’m a premeditated murderer loud enough for the prosecutor and the world to hear. Let alone the clawback BS. One might go so far as to say the insurance company is incentivized to see you convicted so they can’t pay your legal fees.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Looks like I will not be renewing in April, Been a member of the uscca since the beginning.
    I've noticed a change in the last five years or so where they are more interested in New members vs existing.
    Renewal used to be like a birthday gift showing up at the house, they would send you a coin, Nice hat, some stickers and sometimes other goodies. That stopped some years back and was only for new customers.
    Now they only email you about sending money to help them lobby in DC which annoys the crap out of me since I am not a member for any political crap. Plus I already pay a huge amount yearly for my policy and spouse policy.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I seen several comment or allude to it. Last thing I need is my insurance company preemptively announcing I’m a premeditated murderer loud enough for the prosecutor and the world to hear.
    Comments in this thread? I looked again and saw zero. You must mean YouTube. I’m talking about this thread.
    My point is, it’s bad enough that they welshed on representing her, but also attempted to portray her as guilty until proven innocent. She actually paid them for that.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Leaning toward these guys. I keep hearing folks bash (not necessarily here) on Mas Ayoob but I absolutely cannot think of a single person who could possibly be more the OG of everything in this realm. He literally has been an expert witness in court cases such as these for decades. Pretty sure he’s got some legitimate points.

Last edited:

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    CCW Safe is on my radar. Anyone have feedback on it?
    They can deny coverage in certain situations just like USCCA. You can read in the fine print of when and where they won't cover someone.

I also don't trust any YouTuber. One reason I never went with USCCA was all the major gun tubers endorsing them. IMO, Noir is in it for the money. Period. Every new gun he shoots is flawless blah blah.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    They can deny coverage in certain situations just like USCCA. You can read in the fine print of when and where they won't cover someone.

I also don't trust any YouTuber. One reason I never went with USCCA was all the major gun tubers endorsing them. IMO, Noir is in it for the money. Period. Every new gun he shoots is flawless blah blah.
    Thats why i will not watch Scootch anymore.

2tix2gunshow

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    My 2 cents as a non-lawyer, commentary would be appreciated:

If you carry a gun I feel you should optimally have access to one of the following in order to retain an adequate and timely defense counsel of YOUR choice:

1. 25k in cash
    2. HELOC or other large line of credit

I have identified my defense attorney in advance. I do not want to wait for some company to arrange or agree to cover. I plan to follow Ayoob’s advice for dealing with the cops in the aftermath.

Regarding the issue of civil liability, I keep assets in retirement accounts and my primary residence that I believe are generally protected from civil judgements.

Most importantly I exercise and learned to take a punch so I can keep my cool under pressure and not resort to a firearm unless a grave force asymmetry or mortal danger is obvious enough for any jury to see.

Love and protect people as a first priority, hopefully we will never have to use deadly force.

Last edited:

bubbwubb

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Whats wrong with BRCC?
    Back when Kyle rittenhouse was big in the news, they basically dragged him through the mud, calling him a murderer etc. also they aren’t veteran owned anymore, just “veteran founded” so the original guys took the money and ran. It’s now run by a bunch of grifters and have donated to anti-2A campaigns in the past.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Back when Kyle rittenhouse was big in the news, they basically dragged him through the mud, calling him a murderer etc. also they aren’t veteran owned anymore, just “veteran founded” so the original guys took the money and ran. It’s now run by a bunch of grifters and have donated to anti-2A campaigns in the past.
    You are 100% spreading misinformation.

BRCC is traded on the NYSE. That is why it is no longer "veteran owned" as it's a publicly traded company. Evan Hafer is the founder and CEO - he is a veteran and runs the business still.

How did they "drag Rittenhouse through the mud" and "call him a murderer"? Evan Hafer got on a podcast elaborating on his statement which was, “We’re not in the business of profiting from tragedy,” “We’re not in the business of profiting from this event. We have zero interest in collecting one dollar from any of this. It is ethically inappropriate for us to do so, or even give the perception [of profiting].”

The company has not donated to anti 2A campaigns. Where are you getting this from? Is it the image that circulated a few years ago where it showed BRCC donations to "ActBlue"? If so, that was just some random employee that worked there donating a few dollars to a democratic (blue) campaign and isn't representative of the company.

I don't drink their coffee. I do have a few of their coffee cups and have been to a few of their locations.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My 2 cents as a non-lawyer, commentary would be appreciated:

If you carry a gun I feel you should optimally have access to one of the following in order to retain an adequate and timely defense counsel of YOUR choice:

1. 25k in cash
    2. HELOC or other large line of credit

I have identified my defense attorney in advance. I do not want to wait for some company to arrange or agree to cover. I plan to follow Ayoob’s advice for dealing with the cops in the aftermath.

Regarding the issue of civil liability, I keep assets in retirement accounts and my primary residence that I believe are generally protected from civil judgements.

Most importantly I exercise and learned to take a punch so I can keep my cool under pressure and not resort to a firearm unless a grave force asymmetry or mortal danger is obvious enough for any jury to see.

Love and protect people as a first priority, hopefully we will never have to use deadly force.
    I'm doing much of what you are saying already and agree. My only comment is that even though my assets may be in 'sort of' protected classes, my income is not. IANAL (wow I never typed that acronym before, it looks a little suspect...) I cannot help but assume that as we take taxable distributions from those retirement accounts in the future, any judgement against future income would ultimately be paid out by our once protected assets.

I have a general liability policy on top of the home owners liability. I admit I do not know how well that would help to cover a self defense situation outside of my house/property. Would appreciate comments from others on this.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m amazed at how people forget so fast the events they experience in real time.

Last edited:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Those BRCC guys are mega douches,
    and I'll never buy their coffee or swag. I don't care what they did for the government. The Kyle Rittenhouse stuff only validated my feelings towards them.

Fitting how they worked their way into a thread about more MDs over at USCCA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom