Careful what you post!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    As an employer, what would you do if an employee posted this on Facebook?

As long as their free speech has no negative impact on my company nothing. If I saw it might impact my business explain to them they are free to say what they want. But should it follow them to work it will be a problem.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    As long as their free speech has no negative impact on my company nothing. If I saw it might impact my business explain to them they are free to say what they want. But should it follow them to work it will be a problem.

If you hired a black person (LOL) and it was shown to you that they posted "Thank god that pinkie Romney didn't win, it's time to start killing whities" you'd be 100% fine with that?

And if you say yes, do you really think anyone will believe you?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So, you're ok with someone's ignorant hill billy ass facebook postings costing you money? Charles, you are both a philanthropist and a champion of free speech. Willing to basically give money away for the sake of facebook stupidity.

I guess those bastards at cold stone were too concerned with turning a profit, clearly businesses weren't designed to make money, but instead to cater to the stupid.

Last edited:

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    If you hired a black person (LOL) and it was shown to you that they posted "Thank god that pinkie Romney didn't win, it's time to start killing whities" you'd be 100% fine with that?

And if you say yes, do you really think anyone will believe you?

No matter what I say you won't believe me so there is your answer.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Yes, what is the right punishment?
    I think as a business, profit is the main goal. Comments like this create bad publicity and lose profits. As such she should be fired. On the clock or not, you are still an employee and should hold yourself to a certain standard. Bigotry is not part of that standard.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    So, you're ok with someone's ignorant hill billy ass facebook postings costing you money? Charles, you are both a philanthropist and a champion of free speech. Willing to basically give money away for the sake of facebook stupidity.

I guess those bastards at cold stone were too concerned with turning a profit, clearly businesses weren't designed to make money, but instead to cater to the stupid.

Did you even read read what I posted? If an employee's actions had a negative impact on my business it would be a problem. My options for how to handle the situation range from firing the employee to a public apology. Please do not assume to know how I handle my business. What you are espousing are not my words.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Did you even read read what I posted? If an employee's actions had a negative impact on my business it would be a problem. My options for how to handle the situation range from firing the employee to a public apology. Please do not assume to know how I handle my business. What you are espousing are not my words.

I misread what you posted. Given that this issue followed her to work, became a huge deal on various social media sites, and so on, why is it such a big deal to you that she got canned?

I mean, if you would've done the same thing, or at least considered doing the same thing, why are you so upset they did that? It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think as a business, profit is the main goal. Comments like this create bad publicity and lose profits. As such she should be fired. On the clock or not, you are still an employee and should hold yourself to a certain standard. Bigotry is not part of that standard.

Think about that. What you actually said is that she should never be able to work again. If it was wrong enough for her current employer to fire her, the same facts will be grounds for no other employer to ever hire her. Pretty strong.

Things on the internet never go away. What if standards change (they will) and something you have posted falls from favor? Will you accept judgement by the same standard you set? Never again to be able to support your family.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Think about that. What you actually said is that she should never be able to work again. If it was wrong enough for her current employer to fire her, the same facts will be grounds for no other employer to ever hire her. Pretty strong.

Things on the internet never go away. What if standards change (they will) and something you have posted falls from favor? Will you accept judgement by the same standard you set? Never again to be able to support your family.

Next year nobody will remember and her working for a company won't effect profits. Also Rick, that's why you won't see me posting things like that, or anything really, on Facebook. As for here, maybe half a dozen people even know my last name.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    It's not a double standard. Her employer, as a private entity, decided to fire her based on a comment she made on Facebook. That's their right. They have no reason to care about what people that don't work there post, sorta like what CE said.
    i got no problem with her being fired. It's the secret service considering her words a threat. Like CE mentioned and piper pointed out, nothing was mentioned about people openly threatening Romney, but say you wouldn't be upset if the current gets got, and you're a terrorist.
    Double standard, cut and dried
    Not to mention complete and utter treading on 1st amendment rights

Top Bottom