Careful what you post!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    i got no problem with her being fired. It's the secret service considering her words a threat. Like CE mentioned and piper pointed out, nothing was mentioned about people openly threatening Romney, but say you wouldn't be upset if the current gets got, and you're a terrorist.
    Double standard, cut and dried
    Not to mention complete and utter treading on 1st amendment rights

Investigating=/=pressing charges

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Next year nobody will remember and her working for a company won't effect profits. Also Rick, that's why you won't see me posting things like that, or anything really, on Facebook. As for here, maybe half a dozen people even know my last name.

Agreed. They call it twitter because its populated by twits.

I hope its as simple as that for her.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    i got no problem with her being fired. It's the secret service considering her words a threat. Like CE mentioned and piper pointed out, nothing was mentioned about people openly threatening Romney, but say you wouldn't be upset if the current gets got, and you're a terrorist.
    Double standard, cut and dried
    Not to mention complete and utter treading on 1st amendment rights

The 1st Amendment protects you only from government sanction, nothing else.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I misread what you posted. Given that this issue followed her to work, became a huge deal on various social media sites, and so on, why is it such a big deal to you that she got canned?

I mean, if you would've done the same thing, or at least considered doing the same thing, why are you so upset they did that? It doesn't make sense.

My initial posts dealt with working people vs people on public assistance and the right of people to publicly voice their opinion . Working people lose their jobs over things like this. People on public assistance don't. The checks just keep coming. Therefore their (those on public assistance) freedom of speech is greater. Again, I'm not condoning the message.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    My initial posts dealt with working people vs people on public assistance and the right of people to publicly voice their opinion . Working people lose their jobs over things like this. People on public assistance don't. The checks just keep coming. Therefore their (those on public assistance) freedom of speech is greater. Again, I'm not condoning the message.

What I meant was if you are on welfare and not working and post something like this against a Republican the checks keep coming. If you are working and paying taxes you get fired. She should now get on welfare, food stamps, and try for unemployment.

So, you're saying it is a double standard because people on welfare don't lose their checks, while saying should go get the same check? If she can go get welfare, which would put her on the exact same level as someone on welfare who had made these same comments, how is it a double standard? They both end at the same place.

More contradictions...

First as long as its not on your time, your letter head, or your property its ok, then it becomes as long as it doesn't follow them to work
    As long as they don't do it on company time, on company property, or on company letter head they are free to say what they want.
    As long as their free speech has no negative impact on my company nothing. If I saw it might impact my business explain to them they are free to say what they want. But should it follow them to work it will be a problem.

Just for my own curiosity CE, do you think anyone who would say something like that is anything more than a worthless piece of garbage?

Last edited:

brfd557

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Funny how that works, I saw a forum that was loaded with AA's stating that if Romney wins that they would personally assassinate him!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Never liked fakebook, never used it and never will!!!!!:what:

I like it to keep in touch with people and to post pics of grandkids.

I think people should take into account a prospective employer may just look at what you have posted out there in FB Land.
    :eh:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Yet the double standard is in full play here.

All kinds of folks posted about rioting and assassinating Romney if he won.

But I haven't seen a single report where anything was done to them..

All kinds of people talking about starting a war if Obama won. Nothing happened to them either. This dumb fat chick endangered her employer's business with her angry hatred. If you're going to talk about hatred in a public forum, don't be surprised when people decide to eviscerate you from their society.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom