CASH-STRAPPED NOLA MONEY MGMT ALA LATOYA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Three comments to add:

1) Don't go to the website and enter in any of your information.
    2) NOLA has been known for putting "boots" on vehicles that have outstanding camera tickets. If you don't pay this, you definitely shouldn't park in NOLA. Probably a good idea to not get pulled over there, either.
    3) It never hurts to discuss these with a local attorney to understand your options.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    But I'm not familiar with N.O. and the directions I was given were terrible . I left there at about 3 pm and traffic was gridlock for no apparent reason I could see .
    Crossing from the Westbank at that time puts you in a crunch of traffic from Downtown. There is an up ramp that comes in along the side of the bus/train station that has only a tenth of a mile to merge into traffic, while at the same time there is an exit at the end of that same tenth of a mile for traffic to exit from the expressway. This causes a clog in the right lane, and then also in the center lane as people try to get around the clog only to realize that they wanted to get off there. This then clogs the left lane with everyone else trying to avoid the whole thing.

If they would close that up ramp, then most of this problem would disappear. People who used to use that up ramp need only drive one block further to the next one, where there is more than half a mile of room for entrance and exit.

I honestly don't know why the Traffic Engineers for either the city or the state haven't realized this.

It's a poor - or at least outdated - design, kind of like the I-10 Eastbound in BR forcing all of the traffic coming off of the bridge to go into only one lane.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Three comments to add:

1) Don't go to the website and enter in any of your information.
    2) NOLA has been known for putting "boots" on vehicles that have outstanding camera tickets. If you don't pay this, you definitely shouldn't park in NOLA. Probably a good idea to not get pulled over there, either.
    3) It never hurts to discuss these with a local attorney to understand your options.
    The NOPD does not check plates for outstanding parking or camera tickets as niether one results in an arrest warrant. New Orleans Parking Enforcement does that and all they can do is boot or tow your car on public property.
    All four of the NOPD Officers I know who are still on the job(I am not) don't give a damn about parking or camera tickets. They spend their time going from call to call, writing reports, and working details when off duty.

JimmyJames

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    I got a traffic cam ticket once in my life. It was for rolling through a stop sign near my home. I immediately thought "bullhonkey, I never do that!" and opened the link to the video...where I saw myself roll-stopping right through it. Don't even remember doing it. The ticket was like $30 though, so considering I lost a bet with myself I just paid it.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I only ever drive stolen cars when I go to New Orleans, once I get where I want to be I leave it running with the windows down, and a helpful resident drives it away for me.

When I want to leave I just find another car, boost it and drop it off in the lake once I get back to the north shore. Works great, never had an issue.

You can also leave any car on the side of the road on 90 by Irish bayou and it will spontaneously combust.

These are some great life hacks, someone should sticky them.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The NOPD does not check plates for outstanding parking or camera tickets as niether one results in an arrest warrant. New Orleans Parking Enforcement does that and all they can do is boot or tow your car on public property.
    All four of the NOPD Officers I know who are still on the job(I am not) don't give a damn about parking or camera tickets. They spend their time going from call to call, writing reports, and working details when off duty.
    Good to know.

Top Bottom