CC on Campus

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    LOL. I saw a blank too.

That was harsh though. :wtc::hs:

I'm sure his little arguments are well received in dorm room bull sessions, especially after a few beers.

I have a bad habit, which I am trying to correct, of responding in an impatient manner with people like him. I even went back before his "departure" and edited out a few of my harsher comments.

Bottom line is that he has practiced a little spiel that serves him well in some instances, but not so well (as you pointed out) when he is questioned by people with a broader range of experience.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    PLEASE NOTE.

on 12-16-08 DAWG and NOLACOPUSMC agreed.

Get your coats if your headed for hell.

:mamoru:

I agree. I was just as gung-ho and self-educated in my college days. He will come around. I applaud the fact that he has at least taken a proactive and concrete stance and is doing something for the cause other than hugging trees and blowing up abortion clinics.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I'll pretend that you are serious..............so I'll try to provide what should be an intuitively obvious answer to an asinine question.

You did not answer the question. And don't call me Shirley.

IIRC you have indicated that you have never taken, nor seen the need to take, a defensive pistol course. Perhaps if you expand your frame of reference, you'll have a better appreciation for the extent to which a handgun can (and cannot) be employed to stop a deranged aggressor. And perhaps you'll be better qualified to pass judgment on the training requirements for those who would be shooting in a crowded environment.

I am just as proficient as you are.

I would like the requirement for training, if guys like you and me could make the law. We don't make the law. Those damn assholes do. So I hope you can understand why I do not think there should be "requirements" for training.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    You did not answer the question. And don't call me Shirley.

I am just as proficient as you are.

I would like the requirement for training, if guys like you and me could make the law. We don't make the law. Those damn assholes do. So I hope you can understand why I do not think there should be "requirements" for training.

Owen, I am not trying to start a holy war or take a shot at you, but I have to ask. If even from a totally logical standpoint, how can you make a statement that yuou are just as proficent as anyone. You have no idea how proficient most of the people on this board are, and proficiency is based on a pre-defined measurement criteria.

Secondly, you are obviously someone who does not hold formal training in the same regard as others as evidence by previous posts IIRC. I am not a certified degreed ninja, but I am probably one of the more highly "trained" shooters here. That said, in most subjects, I find it hard to believe that you would be as proficient as I or others through shear osmosis or self-study. I am not saying you are without skills, I am simply stating that your statement to Dawg of being as proficient as he is or anyone else for that matter is a little arrogant and bragadocious without specific knowledge. Now you may have shot with Dawg and know for a fact that you are as proficient as him :D, but your comment kinda hit me the wrong way.

I agree with your point that someone other than a politician should set the requirement, but I strongly belive there should be a realistic reaquirement, not this 9 hour ******** they do to make people feel good. However, this is better than nothing. You would be surprised how many people come for CHP training that have never held a firearm in their hands. Is that the person you want to just whip out a glock in the middle of Shoneys with no training on shoot/don't shoot, trigger control, sight alignment, or an explanation on the importance of knowing your backstop? Not only would training make us safer from gun accidents, but it would also be a force multiplier by adding actually proficient people to help defend us as a group. Personally I think training should be mandatory before a CHP and it should be government funded. I think in addition, gun safety and hunter's education should be a required part of the curriculumn in jr. high school.

Again, not an attack on you, just an analytical response to your statement.

Last edited:

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I saw your weak hand shooting the other day and I was kind of scared. I took a step back and wondered, "who are you and what have you done with pangris". And I mean that not in a good way. :mamoru::mamoru:

Was Pangis wanting to bet on me vs. Owen .............. or himself vs. Owen ??

Probably the latter ............. 'cause my defensive shooting skills suck (and I'm a dimwit).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom