CCW shoots 2 robbers in Internet cafe today, video inside

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Good for Grandpa !!!! I wouldnt have stopped firing till all my clips were empty or they had left the building and out of sight,unless they didnt make it outta the building.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    OK...I know many on this board know my disgust with the "War on Drugs" and I think this article is a great example. Here we have two guys attempt to rob a very busy internet cafe.....And the perps are armed. They could have easily killed someone....Some child for that matter. And yet one guy has bonded out....11k bond. What's that...about 1200.00 to a bondsman?

"Both men were shot by Williams. Their wounds were not life-threatening. Each was arrested hours later and charged with attempted armed robbery with a firearm and felony criminal mischief.

Henderson remained in the Marion County Jail late Monday in lieu of a $31,000 bond. Dawkins was released Sunday after posting an $11,000 bond."

And yet look at the bond. One guy has already bonded out. I can assure you....With the mandatory min sentencing guidelines...if these two jackasses would have been caught with crack and charged with selling crack...they would have had bonds set much, much higher.

If the bonds are any indication of the charges and eventual prosecution of these two....I venture to guess they will get a slap on the hand...maybe 2 to 5 years max....maybe even a suspended sentence.

They deserve to spend a MINIMUM of 10 years in prison.....Really much more IMO.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    OK...I know many on this board know my disgust with the "War on Drugs" and I think this article is a great example. Here we have two guys attempt to rob a very busy internet cafe.....And the perps are armed. They could have easily killed someone....Some child for that matter. And yet one guy has bonded out....11k bond. What's that...about 1200.00 to a bondsman?

"Both men were shot by Williams. Their wounds were not life-threatening. Each was arrested hours later and charged with attempted armed robbery with a firearm and felony criminal mischief.

Henderson remained in the Marion County Jail late Monday in lieu of a $31,000 bond. Dawkins was released Sunday after posting an $11,000 bond."

And yet look at the bond. One guy has already bonded out. I can assure you....With the mandatory min sentencing guidelines...if these two jackasses would have been caught with crack and charged with selling crack...they would have had bonds set much, much higher.

If the bonds are any indication of the charges and eventual prosecution of these two....I venture to guess they will get a slap on the hand...maybe 2 to 5 years max....maybe even a suspended sentence.

Good kids from fine parents, choir boys, made a stupid mistake and got shot...and you want more ??? Like jail time...with criminals ???

Ohhhhhhh...I'm fwd'n this to the ACLU :bowrofl:

bet b4 this happened JuJu and Cletus thought a game room was no country for old men.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Well if you want to know what is going on you should ask the judge. Because he/she could have set the bond much higher based on the video. It's not like these two can claim they weren't there at the bond hearing; unless they just go around town getting shot for minding their own business!

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Well...my problem with it all now is that an innocent person is no longer being made any safer because of the drug war. The drugs are everywhere. They cost a lot of money because they are illegal...and because of that...the gangs are getting rich. The schools are flooded with drugs. And the public is not really safer. I say legalize or decriminalize all drugs to drop the cost....have a good public funded treatment plan in place instead of incarceration.

And reserve prison for actual crime. Crime which dangers the public. Let the junkies get loaded. If they change their mind at some point...treatment will be there. If not...let them die off. Within one generation....most kids will see it for what it is. The excitement of the drug world and the coolness of doing drugs will disappear.
    And yet...the big winner will be the public safety factor will increase tenfold within a few years. Gangs and junkies and waste cases will not have to rob, murder steal to get their drugs. The public will be much safer.

And then...when we have an actual bad guy who does murder or steal...the cops and the justice system will have the resources to lower the hammer on them. Prison overcrowding will go away.

In all honesty. Harry Lee pretty much concentrated mostly on real crime. Thats why Jefferson Parish was always much safer IMO. They did make arrests for drugs, but because of prison overcrowding they released most drug offenders... the main concentration was not on numbers and stats...it was on crime.

Violent crime was really given every possible resource including as much detective overtime as needed to solve the cases. Crime which put the public in danger was the main focus.

At the same time...Harry Lee and JP made sure that a crime like this received very heavy charges and heavy bonds. There is no way a crime like this would have had an 11k dollar bond...it would have been at least 50k

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I bet Mr. Williams had a really good night's rest Friday...that dude was awesome. Seriously, he did not hit ANYTHING but the robbers. Everything was intact, he didn't even hit the freakin' door windows!!!

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    Hoodies! Who would have thought criminals wear hoodies. I think they should give Gramps a medal but did his Florida CCP class teach him that it was wise to shoot at the backs of fleeing suspects?

Years back before some of the new good laws, there was a pawn shop owner that after several robberies and being shot a few times, chased 2 hoodies into the street and took a long shot as the hoodie ran off. He hit the guy square in the back just right and killed him. The jury said it was self defense because it was 4th (or 5th - can't remember) time that those particular gang group had tried to rob him.

There are some screaming ass libertards in FL but they usually leave in april and go back to new york. Most of the time, people in FL are pretty OK.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Had to watch it a couple more times through.

That's funny ****...and then one runs right over the other one getting out.

Starting my Ninja workouts today.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    My most favorite part of videos like this, and I know we've all seen plenty, is that once shot, or shot at, the criminals almost always seem to lose their ability to run and stand. They immediately trip when they try to run away, and end up sliding/slinking across the floor in a mad hurry.

And then when they almost both got stuck in the door, both crawling and slithering, just classic.

EDIT: just watched it again, and at 0:51, I'm pretty sure the robber fires a round into the pavement. I see sparks.

Last edited:

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana

IMO:
    The guys are undeniably armed. If there was any question, I'd be a little easier in thought because mistakes of permanent nature should never get a chance to be made but - they were armed. As far as I'm concerned, they should be put to death but since there are years of appeals and major dollars involved, they should be locked up forever.

Drugs on the tother hand are a big dollar game and therefore, with the purpose of the bound being to insure the person will not flea and actually come to court, the amounts go higher. Frankly, I'm for legalizing drugs. You'd take the profit out of them and crime would go way down. You'll always have idiots. Why make it the situation worse by making idiots feel the need to enter my house and use up my hollower points.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Bet at least one of them left a nice blood trail....:)

Good for him- and glad no one else was injured. I'd definitely put this in the win column for the good guys.:bravo:

If this only happened more often, we'd see a reduction in crime- and criminals. ;)

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I grew up in Florida and its mandatory 10-20-life. use a gun in a crime 10 years, fire it 20 years, kill someone its life. they wont get a slap on the wrist and grandpa deserves a medal! I have a stupid @$$ acquaintance from high school that robbed a bank at gunpoint and never discharged it and he got his mandatory 10

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    Saw this on CNN tonight and Wolf Blitzer and host were gushing about what a hero this guy was. I nearly fell off my freaking sofa! I'm surprised they even mentioned a citizen could do such things..LEGALLY!!! I always watch CNN and MSNBC and im allways surprised by what they do sometimes. By the way I bet a box of 380. that the gun he had was a RUGER LCP.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door.

Both men were shot by Williams. Their wounds were not life-threatening. Each was arrested hours later and charged with attempted armed robbery with a firearm and felony criminal mischief.

So, any thoughts? Shot placement- or underpowered round? :D (:o:deadhorse::o)

Okay, seriously, though..... While admittedly I am not 100% clear on precisely where the Bee Gees were hit, I'm not totally shocked they survived the .380 onslought. I doubt most of you are, either. :)

Yes, I carry a .380 daily- but not as a primary.

Thank goodness this man managed to make the most of what he was carrying- and that some truly tailor-made idiots tried to pull this off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom