Cell phone provider options?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I am so fed up with AT&T's cell service.
    My grievances are many.
    Very poor customer service, **** poor reception after implementing 5G, expensive, long contracts, PC policies and the straw that broke my back is the update to our contract. I'm done with them.
    This brings me here to learn from the collective BS members. What are your experience and recommendations with viable options...
    My profile.
    I don't use a lot of data.
    I need a phone that works most of the time and sends text to the number I used, not someone else. This has happened to me a few times lately.
    I travel in off the beaten places occasionally.
    We currently use Iphones. One is paid for and the other is still on a contract.
    Our current bill is near $120.00 without the "installment" phone payment.
    I would love to switch to a provider whom shares my conservative views.
    All the ads sound good yet a homely girl all dolled up can look great too.
    i-46Xpnm8-M.jpg

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Verizon offers a 10% Veterans discount. No problems with service and billing. Cannot compare recent AT&T and Verizon service as I left them several decades ago.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I have been with Tracfone for years and have been happy with them. I use my phone for calls and texts only and no web surfing but I can if I wish to do so. I dont know if your current phones will be able to be switched over to their service though. I hope you find a service that you will be happy with.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thank you but I've never served. Good info for those who can use it.
    I had almost every service AT&T offered for a few years but I’ve had a cell phone account with them since the early 90’s (Bell South Mobility, then Cingular, yada yada) and dropped them completely
    over a year ago for Verizon (cable/net/landline through another provider) and I’m pleased. Better coverage and less cost. There were some hiccups for the first couple months and I had to call them a few times about billing and ultimately went with paper to avoid the issue they were having, but smooth sailing thereafter.
    I absolutely couldn’t wait to get out from under AT&T and they made it as difficult as possible to cancel and even threatened to report me to the credit bureau over $5 they finally realized I did not owe them. AT&T can rot for all I care.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I use Spectrum Mobile and am very happy. I pay by the gig and my bill is $42 a month for three phones for three gigs. If we go over, it's an extra $14 a gig.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I also dropped AT&T several years ago. I switched to Verizon and haven't looked back I have 5 lines including my Ipad. My Ipad is used to surf the web away from a WIFI, and I use it with Foreflight when I'm flying my plane for flight planning and inflight weather and navigation.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    You might want to check all of your other User Agreements with any other services, credit cards, streaming providers, etc. Almost every one of them is going to arbitration.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Was a AT&T customer for 35 years (home landline/and/2 cell phone) till the way we were treated after the 2016 Flood Event. After telling them several times to go pound sand and would be calling my attorney to get the problem resolved because of the run around and straight up lies and to stop contacting me to renew our service. Absolutely refuse to have anything to do with any company associated in any way with AT&T. 1 1/2 years ago upon returning from a grocery shopping trip AT&T had dug a 3ft deep trench across the front of our yard with no prior warning so as to lay some type of fiber optic cable. Complained to corperate as well as the actual workers Almost daily for two weeks before it was finally covered up. .................................................................... drill sgt.

Last edited:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    AT&T and any other company associated in any way with AT&T can go pound sand due to the way we were treated after the flood of 2016. Loyal customer for 35 years. Now could care less. ...They have grown to big for their own good. Corperate greed and screw the customer as much as they can.............................................................................. drill sgt.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    AT&T and any other company associated in any way with AT&T can go pound sand due to the way we were treated after the flood of 2016. Loyal customer for 35 years. Now could care less. ...They have grown to big for their own good. Corperate greed and screw the customer as much as they can.............................................................................. drill sgt.

I,TOO, STARTED WITH THE OLD bBELLSOUTH MOBILITY IN THE 80S ( @ $0.35 per minute )UNTILL a couple of years ago when I moved 1/2 mile to be next to my 92 year old mother;guess what ATT would not work reliable at either of our houses; switched to Verizon, now have 4 or 5 bars of service and no more complaints

The other cheaper, walmart serices, etc have to use ATT o Verizin lines and equipment; thr problem is that the lower priced carriers do not have access to all of their lines, just mainlines in the cities and along major roadway
    you need att or verizon for all of thelittle out of the way areas not traveled as much

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I,TOO, STARTED WITH THE OLD bBELLSOUTH MOBILITY IN THE 80S ( @ $0.35 per minute )UNTILL a couple of years ago when I moved 1/2 mile to be next to my 92 year old mother;guess what ATT would not work reliable at either of our houses; switched to Verizon, now have 4 or 5 bars of service and no more complaints

The other cheaper, walmart serices, etc have to use ATT o Verizin lines and equipment; thr problem is that the lower priced carriers do not have access to all of their lines, just mainlines in the cities and along major roadway
    you need att or verizon for all of thelittle out of the way areas not traveled as much
    That's interesting. I wondered if there was a trade off with switching to another provider using the same towers.

Stonehenge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2016
    Slaughter
    I switched to verizon, kept my number that I've had since cingular.

5g is hit and miss where I am, but I have 4g almost everywhere. Its like $95 a month, but my data is truely unlimited, no fees no throttling. My phone is my wifi for watching hulu and youtube at home and at the camp.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I'm now a consumer cellular user. No contract. Let me keep my old number. Several plans and phones available. I get good service.
    Before that I used Virgin Mobile and they were bought out by Boost. I was going to change providers anyway, but after I saw Boost posting political rhetoric I didn't agree with I went to Consumer Cellular. Been good.

snowman

Been there, done that
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 7, 2020
    SE Baton Rouge, La.
    I am so fed up with AT&T's cell service.
    My grievances are many.
    Very poor customer service, **** poor reception after implementing 5G, expensive, long contracts, PC policies and the straw that broke my back is the update to our contract. I'm done with them.
    This brings me here to learn from the collective BS members. What are your experience and recommendations with viable options...
    My profile.
    I don't use a lot of data.
    I need a phone that works most of the time and sends text to the number I used, not someone else. This has happened to me a few times lately.
    I travel in off the beaten places occasionally.
    We currently use Iphones. One is paid for and the other is still on a contract.
    Our current bill is near $120.00 without the "installment" phone payment.
    I would love to switch to a provider whom shares my conservative views.
    All the ads sound good yet a homely girl all dolled up can look great too.
    i-46Xpnm8-M.jpg

I've had Verizon for years. I've never had a dropped call, never a texting problem as you describe. I've never experienced a dead spot coverage area. My wife and I own our phones outright and have had no contract for years. We currently pay $95.08, which includes all fees and taxes, for 3g shared data. I've not had a problem with customer service.

Top Bottom