Chipolte Restaurant added to list of restaurants than ban guns thaks to these two!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yeah, the guy from Houma jstokes I think. Same guy who claimed he was arrested, had his gun confiscated, then called someone from the back of the cop car who had enough pull to get him and his possessions released.

- - - Updated - - -

Point being, this is far from some guy carrying his shitty pistol in a nylon holster.

It's still the same message they're trying to send.

Whether it's pistols in holsters or slung rifles, it's still OC.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's still the same message they're trying to send.

Whether it's pistols in holsters or slung rifles, it's still OC.

JR1572

Someone open carrying isn't necessarily trying to send a message. I think that generalization is wrong. I think there is a big difference between this and someone who is 20 and can't get a permit yet open carrying as a means of self defense. I don't remeber many people on this site ever being for open carrying rifles, even the local guys are against it.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I'm for the open carry of rifles. That would be one uncomfortable-ass IWB. :dogkeke:

:D I'm with ya, Jack. Time and place for everything...

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Someone open carrying isn't necessarily trying to send a message. I think that generalization is wrong. I think there is a big difference between this and someone who is 20 and can't get a permit yet open carrying as a means of self defense. I don't remeber many people on this site ever being for open carrying rifles, even the local guys are against it.

Jack, not all people open carrying handguns are trying to send a message. However, a message gets sent. Sometimes it's "look at me, I have a gun and I can legally carry it." Sometimes it's "I have a gun, don't mess with me." Messages get sent sometimes when they aren't intended to be sent. People see things and interpret things differently. When I see someone open carrying a handgun in a holster that has no retention and the person looks like they are not physically able to defend themselves against a gun grab, they send a message.

Look, you guys can OC all y'all want. It's legal. However, I have an issue with untrained individuals running around with guns in poor holsters. Not only am I concerned of their ability to deploy and safely use a firearm, I am also concerned about their ability to properly defend and retain their firearm if the need to do so arises. I feel they same way no matter who it is, LE or not.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Jack, not all people open carrying handguns are trying to send a message. However, a message gets sent. Sometimes it's "look at me, I have a gun and I can legally carry it." Sometimes it's "I have a gun, don't mess with me." Messages get sent sometimes when they aren't intended to be sent. People see things and interpret things differently. When I see someone open carrying a handgun in a holster that has no retention and the person looks like they are not physically able to defend themselves against a gun grab, they send a message.

Look, you guys can OC all y'all want. It's legal. However, I have an issue with untrained individuals running around with guns in poor holsters. Not only am I concerned of their ability to deploy and safely use a firearm, I am also concerned about their ability to properly defend and retain their firearm if the need to do so arises. I feel they same way no matter who it is, LE or not.

JR1572

So what if the, as you say; improperly retained OC weapon gets taken away in a tussle with a bad guy? I read that statistics show the same happens with CC weapons relative to the disparity of CC vs OC. By this logic you should be as impassioned about people with improper CC gear?!?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    So what if the, as you say; improperly retained OC weapon gets taken away in a tussle with a bad guy? I read that statistics show the same happens with CC weapons relative to the disparity of CC vs OC. By this logic you should be as impassioned about people with improper CC gear?!?

You're correct. It applies to both. Did I forget to mention that in my last post?

If you're going to do it, do it right.

JR1572

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you're going to do it, do it right.

JR1572

Therein lies the rub! There are so many people pontificating about what the right way is, people are being told bad info and paying for it.

I also heard that some retention holsters have actually been the cause of the death of the person CC'ing and defending. Remember the 3 second rule in a deadly encounter.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Therein lies the rub! There are so many people pontificating about what the right way is, people are being told bad info and paying for it.

I also heard that some retention holsters have actually been the cause of the death of the person CC'ing and defending. Remember the 3 second rule in a deadly encounter.

Have a quality holster with some form of retention is a good thing, no matter what way you're carrying.

Everyone should practice with their unloaded carry weapon drawing from the holster and putting the weapon back in the holster prior to carrying the weapon in that holster for the first time.

JR1572

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

JR1572

So they aren't all trying to send a message and it isn't always the same message? That's all that I contended.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    It's opening in July when most won't be there so it might be cool for about a month.

Oh cool. I might come by. Only complaint is riverside towing likes to tow random cars in that area haha

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom