CHP Timeline ***Update***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlebob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well, I didn't do the Wal-Mart walk but I did the Albertsons amble today.
    I started at the deli where I got some thick sliced bacon.
    Next was the bread isle for a loaf of bread and hot dog buns.
    Third was the meat section where I picked up a block of cheddar cheese.
    I went down the snack isle next to get chips and diet cokes.
    I then swung into the dairy section and got eggs and milk.
    I went through the checkout then over to customer service where I bought a money order I need to pay a bill.
    After packing the groceries into the car I drove over to the fuel island and went in and paid for $25 in gas. The car only took $22.50 worth so I went back in and got my change.
    Then I drove home.
    I didn't have any problems and I wasn't nervous.
    Oh, I didn't have a Concealed Handgun Permit either. As usual I was OCing.
    Here's a photo of me after I got back home a few minutes ago...
    ocaug17.jpg

Ruger P-89DC 9mm in a Safariland paddle holster.
    I may go out later and do the Dollar General gait.

Disadvantages of O/C might be being noticed in Albertsons when a crime was being committed. A LSP I know was shot when he was noticed in an Albertsons.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    So is it fair to say that LSP CHP is running at about 45-60 days right now? A co-worker has finally passed the minimum residency time and is looking to get a Louisiana permit to replace the one he'd had elsewhere. I've mentioned to him a few folks he can go to for the class.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    So is it fair to say that LSP CHP is running at about 45-60 days right now? A co-worker has finally passed the minimum residency time and is looking to get a Louisiana permit to replace the one he'd had elsewhere. I've mentioned to him a few folks he can go to for the class.

tHAT'S WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, ASSUMING YOUR BACKGROUND IS CLEAR AND NPOT TOO COMPLICATED,.

daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette

If you drop it off, yes. If you mail it add +/-30 days to that.:o

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I feel like an old fart. I remember two years ago waiting on mine, calling LSP, then finally the trip to walmart and being completely paranoid for about a year. Now I am comfortable enough to forget it in the bathroom (for real).

daxt79

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Lafayette
    are you serious? it can ADD 30 days if you mail it? I mailed mine a little less than a month ago.

From what the lady told me, mailed permits go to a central mail center off campus to be sorted out. Once it gets their, it has to be picked through & sorted to be sent to the correct department, from there it is delivered. Once delivered it is then filed to be reviewed to make sure all information is provided & legible. Finally it is put in the stack to start processing you're information. On top of that, if you have you're prints are done in ink vs. the AFIS machine you risk rejection from misprints.

All in all it is recommended to take the drive, have it reviewed on the spot, go to the AFIS machine right behind the counter, & start waiting at the mail box with an empty IWB holster.:o

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    From what the lady told me, mailed permits go to a central mail center off campus to be sorted out. Once it gets their, it has to be picked through & sorted to be sent to the correct department, from there it is delivered. Once delivered it is then filed to be reviewed to make sure all information is provided & legible. Finally it is put in the stack to start processing you're information. On top of that, if you have you're prints are done in ink vs. the AFIS machine you risk rejection from misprints.

All in all it is recommended to take the drive, have it reviewed on the spot, go to the AFIS machine right behind the counter, & start waiting at the mail box with an empty IWB holster.:o

100% correct:hi5::thumbsup:

bigred3516

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    I sent my app in and got a letter back requesting more fingerprints. I sent the new card in the mail on 8/25 does that mean that the app process starts all over again?

Top Bottom