CHP Timeline ***Update***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Mine will be 60 days on the 21th. Sgt. Reavis called me and I had to provide an additional disposition of arrest from way back in my dumb days, still waiting. He said, he had been away from his desk for a week and a half, so he had a big stack of paperwork to go through.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I went to the LSP and did my fingerprinting there on Friday, August 6. Nice lady told me it should be 30 days. Today is the 25th, not even three weeks yet. I'm getting anxious.

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    Finally, it came in the mail today!! Total count of 65 days. But, I had to send some more info for them on an arrest from 10 years ago, if it hadn't been for that, it would have been around 40 days. Now to go break it in!

Walrus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Slidell
    Mine was in the mailbox today as well! Hand delivered and fingerprinted at HQ on 7/15/2010 received 8/26/2010... 43 days including weekends.

A friend Hand delivered same day as me got his as well. My dad, hand delivered 4 days before us and got his today too. They must print/mail in batches.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Does anyone know if it must come in to your actual physical address or will they mail it to a PO box? Yes, I did list my mailing address on my application.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Does anyone know if it must come in to your actual physical address or will they mail it to a PO box? Yes, I did list my mailing address on my application.

When I got mine years ago it came to my P.O. Box, the last two or three time I renewed it it came to my home mail box (don't have a P.O. anymore)

Bulldog87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Mandeville
    I received mine yesterday, 36 days after dropping off at State Police.
    It had an error with my info on card which now has to be reissued and mailed back to me.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Mailed my renewal paperwork on November 05, 2010, and (EDIT) I'm still waiting received it on December 16, 2010.

Last edited:

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Just got mine in the mail Saturday. I dropped it in the mail Saturday, February 18th, and figure it went out Monday, Tuesday at the latest. I used the fingerprints that were taken by the LSP on their fancy machine. I had a problem with my bank and my debit card was being declined all over the place :rolleyes: so I had to submit later, but luckily had the cash on my to get a money order for the fingerprints. However, even if the fingerprints being done by -them- saved me a bit of scrutiny, I haven't lived in Louisiana >15 years so I had to do the out-of-State bg check too.

Still not the worst turnaround I've heard.

Top Bottom