Chris Kyle killed?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    A frog friend of mine and I were talking about the chopper crash that killed all those seals at once and he said something that I think applies here and it was that all those guys, their only wish is to go down fighting. They are bred for battle and when they cant go down in battle, they feel cheated. What a world we live in.

gravytrain

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Lafayette
    If I'm shooting with Chris Kyle, and he's helping me, and someone shot him, I'd beat them with the gun after I emptied it into them. Doesn't make any sense. Working at a range, there'd have to be an armed RSO or something too.

No I'm not breaking out the tin foil... I refuse to on this.
    this x 1000

shaggy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Northshore, LA
    Guys, keep that tinfoil **** to a minimum. Its not accurate, and frankly, its damaging to Chris' memory and pisses off people who were friends/family.

Chris was shot by a fellow vet who has a hell of a case of PTSD. The guy then stole Chris' truck and was apprehended in Lancaster. No more, no less. No government conspiracy. One ******* with a gun and a screw loose.

We all lost a great shooter, good friend and drinkin buddy and a hell of a patriot.

image.php

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Guys, keep that tinfoil **** to a minimum. Its not accurate, and frankly, its damaging to Chris' memory and pisses off people who were friends/family.

Chris was shot by a fellow vet who has a hell of a case of PTSD. The guy then stole Chris' truck and was apprehended in Lancaster. No more, no less. No government conspiracy. One ******* with a gun and a screw loose.

We all lost a great shooter, good friend and drinkin buddy and a hell of a patriot.

image.php

+1

Rest well Chris. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice. My heart is heavy with this news and my prayers go out to your wife, your kids, and the rest of your family and friends.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla

image.php

Thank you for this Shaggy. I agree.

God bless him and prayers for his family.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Was absolutely shocked when I heard about it on the news last night. Just finished his book and like others said once you read it you feel like you know him. He will be missed. Heart felt condolences to his family and friends.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    If you read his book, you actually feel like you knew him. It was that kind of read.
    I talked with him a bit over the couple days he was at the shop, when I was with RJF. I hadn't read his book until then. He sent some of us signed copies after that, which I thought was cool. I still have mine, and it was a good read. It was very conversationally written, and he wrote it just like he says it, too. I remember several times in the book, thinking, "yep that's basically word for word how he told it when he was talking about this story at the shop" and it made the book a lot more interesting to be able to hear it in his voice and mannerisms.

He was a really interesting and cool guy to talk to and it doesn't surprise me at all to see so many people in so many parts of the country claiming friendship with him. Not because he was that outgoing - just because he seemed to be the kind of guy to make lasting impressions that people wanted to keep up on.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I was shocked when I heard it on the news last night as well. I have been wanting to read his book but have not got to do so yet. So sad.

zbaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Read this morning that there was another guy there too. His name was Chad Littlefield. It was his work out buddy and neighbour who was helping with the guy who killed them. Both shot by the guy.[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/04/ex-navy-seal-was-reportedly-helping-alleged-murderer-work-through-ptsd/?test=latestnews"/URL]

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In talking to one of my employees who is ex military; and a combat vet; and has clinically diagnosed PTSD, he agreed that shooting (without the death on the end), can be therapeutic.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    Last night as I was reading about this on facebook I was disgusted. There are so many cruel comments saying that he deserved it or "a murderer was murdered ha ha". It made me sick to my stomach. How many American soldiers did this guy save by taking out the enemy? He was a hero. I refuse to read about it any more because these people upset me so much. Maybe this will bring the conversation back to the mentally ill and what we can do about helping them to prevent tragedies such as this.

Top Bottom