Circle K's anti-gun policy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Look at the sign in this old thread about Circle K

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=490219&postcount=10

I'm about 6'5" so I'm not going to put on my glasses and get on my knee's to read a damn sign with TN laws on them. I haven't been in TN since 1970 and don't plan on worrying about TN gun laws. Also look at the light colored spots on the cement looks like the trash cans are blocking the sign most of the time.

That's another reason I write to my representatives asking for a standardized sign to aid those of us who wish to comply with property owners' requests. Texas' 30.06 sign is a good standard by which we could learn.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Trespassing is illegal, and if you have a sign posted saying "no entrance when carrying a firearm" I thought that was trespassing when you ignore it. Am I incorrect?

I am assuming there is an -exception- for LEOs and I'm curious where this exception is, is all.

NOLACOP: no reason to be a jerk, man, I wasn't asking the court witness, I was asking you to support -your- stance. Why would -he- come in to answer my question about -your- stance?

First off I wasn't a jerk. Second, I am not your personal legal assistant. Learn to do your own research or at least read the whole thread so you will have better situational awareness. Being able to locate resources will prove beneficial in all of life, especially when it pertains to legal issues.

Furthermore, this has been answered several times in this thread and others. Again, situational awareness is worth it's weight in gold. We all lose it sometimes, but don't call me a jerk because you prance in the middle of this thread and ask a question you should already have some clue about seeing how long you have been here.

I do not have to support my stance. The court EXPERT needs to support his since he is saying you cannot do something. As RebelRay has explained, that is how it works.

When I am a jerk....you will know.....

For future reference, this post rates a NOLCOP jerk rating of 2 on a 1-10 scale. ;)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Kind of like my buddy that builds race cars. He reads the rules and if it doesn't say you can't do it he does. Then when they beat the others the others bitch and get the rule changed.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    First off I wasn't a jerk. Second, I am not your personal legal assistant. Learn to do your own research or at least read the whole thread so you will have better situational awareness. Being able to locate resources will prove beneficial in all of life, especially when it pertains to legal issues.

Furthermore, this has been answered several times in this thread and others. Again, situational awareness is worth it's weight in gold. We all lose it sometimes, but don't call me a jerk because you prance in the middle of this thread and ask a question you should already have some clue about seeing how long you have been here.

I do not have to support my stance. The court EXPERT needs to support his since he is saying you cannot do something. As RebelRay has explained, that is how it works.

When I am a jerk....you will know.....

For future reference, this post rates a NOLCOP jerk rating of 2 on a 1-10 scale. ;)

Man.....I really hate to see this ...I listen to your opinions and ideas cause you are obviousley the one in the know WAY more than me

BUT...I ain't diggn your retaliation on this guy...

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Trespassing is illegal, and if you have a sign posted saying "no entrance when carrying a firearm" I thought that was trespassing when you ignore it. Am I incorrect?

I am assuming there is an -exception- for LEOs and I'm curious where this exception is, is all.

NOLACOP: no reason to be a jerk, man, I wasn't asking the court witness, I was asking you to support -your- stance. Why would -he- come in to answer my question about -your- stance?

Does not apply in this case.If the owner/manager/clerk wants to tell you to leave and you don't then yes you just broke a law!

A police officer,on duty?I guaran-dam-tee you it don't apply. Prove me wrong.

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    Dude I agree with you completely. I was just asking for help in locating why police can walk past such a sign but a normal guy can't.

Why are you being so defensive? "Prove me wrong" - that's not my goal. Finger off the trigger, dude.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    BOTTOM LINE IS

calvin.jpg

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Dude I agree with you completely. I was just asking for help in locating why police can walk past such a sign but a normal guy can't.

Why are you being so defensive? "Prove me wrong" - that's not my goal. Finger off the trigger, dude.

Sorry if I came off harsh.

I just sick to death of this constant cop bashing here lately.

Seems a cop can do no right no matter the circumstances.If he gets shot and killed then he's stupid for not pulling the trigger quick enough.If he shots and kills someone for pointing a gun at him he"s some kind of gun crazed dirty harry bent on murder.If he sits down the road from a bar he's violating a drunks rights to drive drunk but if it's YOUR child/wife/whatever that gets killed by him it's WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THE DAM COPS DO SOMETHING!Oh and DON'T you dare ask me what I might going to do with this gun I'm packing or whether I'm legal to pack it or not!And when that person "exercising his rights" kills a dozen people at the wal mart then again it's "That dam cop saw he had a gun and didn't do a F**KING thing"!

Now some yahoo is trying to say it's illegal for us to even go into a store and get a cup of java?And doesn't have jack to back that statement up?ENOUGH ALREADY!:mad:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Although, in "real life", NOLACOP is not a jerk, he often acts like one on this website.

That is enough to confuse some of us.

When he comes home with Bin Laden's scalp, he'll be a hereaux.

leVieux

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I still haven't seen Oldman45 touch the LSU police comment yet. Seems like he's just running around tooting his own horn. Just cause you're a lawyer doesn't make you right.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Man.....I really hate to see this ...I listen to your opinions and ideas cause you are obviousley the one in the know WAY more than me

BUT...I ain't diggn your retaliation on this guy...

I love how people like you completely ignore the fact that this guy questions my information when he does not even have the knowledge himself to rebut it. He then gets upset and CALLS ME A JERK, when i make a statement that was not even directed at him and will not spoon feed him the information he thinks he needs to prove me wrong.

And you people wonder why this country is in the shape it is in.

Priceless!:rolleyes:

Here, you guys can take turns......

preparation_h.jpg

Please fill out in triplicate and include with a TPS cover sheet for my records. We here at NOLACOP strive daily to minimize the occurrences of butthurt within our organization, but due to the varying pliability and lack of an internet standard for butt dexterity, sometimes our well meaning comments cause unintended pain in our viewers. Please take the above sample of our newly patented butthurt ointment for your troubles. We know you have a choice in online legal advice, and we thank you for choosing NOLACOPUSMC.

179257_butthurtreportform_1.jpg

James Cannon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Laffy
    *sigh*

Speaking of situational awareness and ability to read...

Did you miss the multiple mentions where I agree with your stance? I just couldn't find support for it and was asking for help in finding what it is that makes it right. I'm not seeking to prove you wrong. I'm asking for a helping hand in finding information, as it would be quite useful in further discussions that inevitably arise.

But I'm sorry... apparently I've gravely offended you in some unforeseen way. Allow me to get off your gracious thread topic here, and trouble you no more, and you can keep illustrating how absolutely not-rude you are in your posts... /sarcasm.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    *sigh*

Speaking of situational awareness and ability to read...

Did you miss the multiple mentions where I agree with your stance? I just couldn't find support for it and was asking for help in finding what it is that makes it right. I'm not seeking to prove you wrong. I'm asking for a helping hand in finding information, as it would be quite useful in further discussions that inevitably arise.

But I'm sorry... apparently I've gravely offended you in some unforeseen way. Allow me to get off your gracius thread topic here, and trouble you no more, and you can keep illustrating how absolutely not-rude you are in your posts... /sarcasm.

Your humble apology is accepted and noted. Please do not let it happen again as we have limited supplies of our previous breakthrough ointment. :D

If you have a question about a particular law, this is the place to look first. These are the actual Louisiana Revised Statutes...the LAW.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/tsrssearch.htm

It can be a little of a pain if you do not know the specific statute, but here is a place to start. Other than that, understanding the law is a lot like baking a cake. The ingredients are almost always the same, but the cake never comes out the same twice. Such is the way with the practice of law..especially in this country...especially in this state...and especially in any one particular city.

I have the benefit of 15 years of being involved in the system, a formal education, and a personal interest that keeps me somewhat on the front lines of a very specific sliver of legal topics.

The problem is some guy who went to law school 45 years ago and has been handling divorces ever since, believes because he is a LAWYER, he knows what he is talking about in a criminal case. While the basic concepts tend to be the same, bo two disciplines of law ever work the same in principle or practice. A guy who is a great aluminum welder but has never welded steel, probably knows he basics enough to get him going, but there are a lot of specifics he will just be ignorant of due to simple lack of knowledge. WHen you add the fickle nature of the human element in law, experience in navigating the system is invaluable to learn what happens outside of the classroom and in the "real world."

Then you have guys like our friend OLDman, who while he probably has testified in hundreds of court cases, his posts here shows that he has outlived his prime and like many judges who are on the verge os senility, need to take up backgammon or checkers. On one hand, he cannot even articulate the difference between company policy and the law, yet he thinks it is perfectly acceptable to fire basically warning shots at people to get them off your property.

I mean seriously.

The sad part is I have to question how many cases he has derailed due to his archaic and obviously misrepresented understanding of the law.

He testifies as a COURT EXPERT, yet he thinks it is perfectly acceptable to fire at moving vehicle to make people leave your property.

He is an expert on police use of force and policy and procedure yet he cannot differentiate between a company policy and an actual law with legal backing.

Just think if this was the guy on the stand against you that the court already decided was an expert, and as such, his OPINON can be admitted into evidence as fact.

Really grasp that for a second. Look back at the things he has posted and understand, that when he gives his OPINON, they are accepted in the court as fact like a Doctor, scientist, or physist.

That **** is scary. His simple inconsistencies here call his claims and knowledge into question to say the least.

Besides choosing your online oracles well, you need to learn some basics like the ones that have already been provided for you here, like if it is not specifically outlawed, it is considered legal.

You cannot ask"Show me the law that says you can wear a brown belt with black socks."

You need to ask, "Show me the law that says YOU CANNOT wear a brown belt with black socks."

Furthermore, you need to sit down with a bowl of frosted flakes and come to terms with the fact that when the tpopic of law comes up, there is not clear cut answers...NONE. That is the entire premise behind the court system. WHat may be perfectly legal on a Monday in New Orleans with Judge Reed may change with Judge SMith. It may also change with Judge Reed on Wednesday depending on his mood.

I hope this helps and you forgive me for "being a jerk". I have medical issues.

Last edited:

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    I don't understand why something so simple seems to be so hard to understand.For something to be consider illegal there has to be a written law saying that act is in fact illegal.No written law against it=legal!Simple,no?

I have people all the time saying so+so did such+such and by God I want them arrested post-haste!They look at me like I'm the one stupid when I tell them "Sorry ma'am/sir that ain't illegal".

Case in point-Lady says another woman is "giving her dirty looks and flipping her off" whenever she sees her around town and dammit she was "fed up with it" and wanted her "thrown under the jail".I stifled my laughter and asked her if the lady was following her around and doing it or was she just coincidently running into her while about her normal business.She stated she was just doing it whenever she ran into her around town.She didn't like it at all when I told her "Well ma'am that may be rude but it's not illegal".

Top Bottom