Clinton drug deal leaves man dead; three arrested.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    He has as much credibility as you do, for now. If it is factual it is a good post. Unless you have proof that it isn't factual then it is you that can keep posts to yourself.

There are people here who know me and I have met several times. I have bought and sold items here and have proven myself. Now I am not one of those conspiracy theorist, but you have too much trust in people.

DemonBob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    You see, what you have openly confessed to doing could be portrayed as conspiracy to posses Sch III.. and Anthony was in violation of either attempted distribution or conspiracy to deliver Sch III.. The WOD is a nasty.. The fact of you knowledge that he was importing them through international means would get the DEA/CUSTOMS and the dreaded POSTAL Inspectors involved. Good for you if you have broken ties.

Didn't someones dogs get shot to ****, flashbangs thrown, and MIB racing through the house over some marijuana being delivered via the mail... somewhere up north?

The above is why I got out of that conversation. I have been clean for 10 years, have a beautiful daughter whom I love.

The conversation got on steroids as we were talking working out. I mentioned how it is a strugle for me as I have a bad knee, which I blew out in high school. He asked if I wanted to buy some steroids, I said huh? As I was caught off gaurd. He said yeah I get them from this guy for a good price. I said no thanks. That was the end of that part of the conversation.

Yes I have broken ties, he's not someone I care to consort with.

Don't get me wrong I don't think he is a terrible guy, I believe he's more misguided then anything else. If the shooting would have went down any other way then what was mentioned above, I would defend his right to self defense.

But truth is when you walk in to a drug deal you have no expatation of safety of any kind period.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    My point is you can't just go aroung making claims without backing them up with proof. It is just hearsay without proof. I guess we will find out if Bob is telling the truth if he is subpoenad to testify under oath...

Sorry for the rocky welcome Bob...but Welcome!

Agreed. Too many people make claims with too little proof.
    I'm just sayin bob has the right to post claims like everyone else. Just because it is his first post doesn't make it any less credible than anyone else's posts. And unless you have reason to believe he's lying, then questioning his credibility is useless.

DemonBob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    My point is you can't just go aroung making claims without backing them up with proof. It is just hearsay without proof. I guess we will find out if Bob is telling the truth if he is subpoenad to testify under oath...

Sorry for the rocky welcome Bob...but Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome :) no hard feelings. To answer your question, I have no problem with a sopena or the DA contacting me. Abit I will not give my name and details on here, for security concerns. They are free to contact me through the correct channels. I have a clean consense.

derf

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    BR, LA
    There are people here who know me and I have met several times. I have bought and sold items here and have proven myself. Now I am not one of those conspiracy theorist, but you have too much trust in people.

Me, too.

Nothing personal. bob made a statement. You questioned his credibility. He could be posting to defame anty, but why would he do that? I'm just saying credibility should be based on facts and not how many posts you have. His first post could be 100% factual and his 1000th post could be a load a crap.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    scene+burn+072809.jpg

CLINTON — Police and the state Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating a Saturday night fire that destroyed a house where a man was shot to death less than 24 hours earlier, Police Chief Eddie Stewart said.

The fire at 10136 Kennedy St. gutted the interior and burned large holes in sides of a shotgun-style home where an occupant, 21-year-old Jarrel Matthews, was fatally shot shortly after 11 p.m. Friday, Stewart said.

The fire, one of three in a one-block area during a 48-hour period, was first reported to the East Feliciana Parish 911 dispatchers at 6:07 p.m. Saturday, according to a Sheriff’s Office radio log report.

“We definitely suspect arson. I checked that house carefully when we left, making sure the stove was off,” the police chief said.

Police booked Anthony Manzella, 19, 52423 Piazza Road, Hammond, with first-degree murder in Matthews’ death — initially identified by police by the last name Matthew. Also booked in the incident were Johnny Barnes, 27, 3302 Quiet Lane, Jackson, and Andrew Robertson, 23, 14568 Kohnke Hill Road, Hammond, both with principal to first-degree murder.

Stewart said the two Hammond men came to Clinton to buy drugs from Matthews and Barnes, but Matthews allegedly struck Manzella in the back of the head with a rifle shortly after the visitors entered the house.

Manzella told investigators he was armed with a gun and shot Matthews in the lower abdomen, Stewart said.

After the shooting, the three men ran out in the street and Barnes approached a Clinton police officer who was driving by at that moment, Stewart said. After learning that a man had been shot, the officer took the three into custody.

In addition to guns, police recovered an assortment of pills, a small amount of marijuana and a white powdery material, Stewart said. “Maybe somebody thought we missed something and set it on fire, but we think we got what we needed,” the police chief said.

Barnes told police the powder is ground-up Tylenol, but Stewart said it will be submitted to the State Police Crime Lab for testing.

The first fire in the neighborhood was reported at 1:45 a.m. Friday and firefighters had to be called out two more times when flames broke out in the vacant brick veneer home.

Clinton Fire Chief Doug Beauchamp said arson is suspected in the fires, but firefighters have no evidence to support their suspicions.

While police were investigating the shooting, a fire was reported in a Johnson Street trailer where Matthews’ mother once lived, Stewart said.

Police recovered a flammable liquid that may have been used to start a fire in the interior of the trailer, Stewart said.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I had a fire at a house that looked like that years ago. the guy had a space heater hooked to a garden hose and he would take the heater in whatever room he was in.

When I got there he was standing on the porch with his pants on, no shirt and had on a tie. :rockon:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Yea look in the mirror Piper! :p

I can't believe you convinced a 19 year old into taking a gun everywhere he went, and now that he's killed someone IN THEIR OWN HOUSE it's NOT your fault? It's mine?

:crazy:

Damn it Dustin!

Leave me out of anything related to that tool!

Top Bottom