Coffee

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Back in the day when I was traveling to Costa Rica regularly here was how I rolled/uh ground:}
    One on the right still has beans in it imagine it's stale since I've had it from 2010 trip?
    Many years ago, I did the computer software for a huge coffee importer in New Orleans. The fellow I worked with had been there for decades, and had a tremendous amount of knowledge. (He was a WWII Army tank veteran too and a good man. May he rest in peace.) One of the things he told me was that whole roasted coffee beans are good almost indefinitely, unless they get wet! He said they'd occasionally find an old bag (and I'm talking like 50 kilogram bags) of coffee beans which had been forgotten in a corner of a warehouse for years, and it would still taste like they day it was roasted. As long as it had stayed dry, that is.

So, grind and enjoy with confidence!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Many years ago, I did the computer software for a huge coffee importer in New Orleans. The fellow I worked with had been there for decades, and had a tremendous amount of knowledge. (He was a WWII Army tank veteran too and a good man. May he rest in peace.) One of the things he told me was that whole roasted coffee beans are good almost indefinitely, unless they get wet! He said they'd occasionally find an old bag (and I'm talking like 50 kilogram bags) of coffee beans which had been forgotten in a corner of a warehouse for years, and it would still taste like they day it was roasted. As long as it had stayed dry, that is.

So, grind and enjoy with confidence!

He is talking about green beans. They last a long time unless they get wet.

That story has made its rounds and is completely believable. :bigok:

However, roasted beans have a definite shelf life.

One of the nice things about Highland Coffees is that they date the bags on the shelves. You will notice, too, that his supply of green beans is on a pallet outside the roasting room.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    When we go to Starbucks, I drink one of the fru fru coffees because their "black" coffee tastes like poop. Afterwards, I like to change my tampon and eat bon bons while watching Twilight.[/QUOTE]

REALLY????

hilb8f00l7vwkjakrf.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom