Col Rob Maness (ret), Candidate US Senate, R-LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    oh Impeachment: I will do my constitutional duty as Senator and listen to the evidence at the impeachment trial and VOTE as needed. NOW, you all need to think about something, the HOUSE draws up the articles of impeachment and the Senate Tries them. My question to you is: Will you vote for someone that is sitting in Congress TODAY that is also running for this seat and hasn't done HIS constitutional duty to push for the investigations and articles?

If you gonna call Bill Cassidy out at least do it by name. Are you sure he has not asked for the proper committees to investigate? Also being that we are an open primary state why are you not taking on the Sr. senator of the state? Got to keep her below 50% or both Republican candidates ( you and Bill ) are done.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Col Maness,

2 points/questions

1) It may be worthwhile, if this discussion is to be meaningful, for a moderator/administrator to get in touch with you and certify your identity.

2) With the loss of Health and Human Services, that would strike out CMS as well, leading to a significant proportion of the population becoming newly uninsured. At the least, individuals with Medicaid would not have the resources to find alternative insurance. With the existence of EMTALA, how would the costs associated with the influx of non paying patients to US hospitals be handled?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Col Maness,

2 points/questions

1) It may be worthwhile, if this discussion is to be meaningful, for a moderator/administrator to get in touch with you and certify your identity.

Exactly what I was thinking...hence my previous question!

RobManess

Col Rob Maness (ret) R-LA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    Here is the way it went with the Clinton Impeachment: "On October 8, House Resolution 581 introduced by Congressman Henry J. Hyde, chairman of the Judiciary Committee, was approved by the House in a 258 to 163 vote to authorize and direct the Judiciary Committee to investigate whether sufficient grounds existed for the impeachment of the President. After its staff interviewed various witnesses in private, the Judiciary Committee's public hearings commenced on November 19 with an opening statement by Congressman Hyde followed by additional hearings in which the Committee reviewed the issues and allegations of the Starr report and additional testimony provided by witnesses to its staff. The Committee also heard contrasting views from constitutional experts on the legal basis for impeachment as applied to the factual allegations pertaining to the Lewinsky matter. A motion sponsored by Democrats to adopt a censure resolution as an alternative to the proposed impeachment was defeated on December 8. On December 11 and 12, the Committee approved four articles of impeachment for presentation to the full House, and on December 16 released its full Report supporting its recommendation. After debate, the House approved two of the Articles alleging that the President had provided perjurious, false and misleading testimony to the grand jury regarding the Paula Jones case and his relationship with Monica Lewinsky and that he had obstructed justice through an effort to delay, impede, cover up and conceal the existence of evidence related to the Jones case."

Investigations: Clinton's investigation was accomplished by Special Prosecutor but there is another way and that is via a Select Committee. The other specific committees can investigate as you point out but only a Select Committee has full subpoena powers. This type of committee is what was used during the Watergate Hearings and that's why we have pushed for and now have one for the Benghazi Investigation.

RobManess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    If you gonna call Bill Cassidy out at least do it by name. Are you sure he has not asked for the proper committees to investigate? Also being that we are an open primary state why are you not taking on the Sr. senator of the state? Got to keep her below 50% or both Republican candidates ( you and Bill ) are done.

Its widely known who is in the race. Believe me, I call folks out by name all the time, it doesn't bother me but being respectful isn't always a bad thing. To your other question lets take the Benghazi question. It is in fact, true that many Congressmen co-sponsored HR 36, The Select Committee bill on Benghazi, including Cassidy, and then it was referred to committee to die. There is another tactic to discharge a bill stuck in committee to the House Floor for a full vote without the Speaker stopping it and that is called a Discharge Petition. A Texas Congressman submitted one last summer and needed to get enough signatures on it (50% of the majority I believe) to get HR 36 to the floor for a vote and he couldn't get enough even though more than that had co-sponsored the bill itself. Cassidy did not sign the discharge petition when he could have and even encouraged others to but he didn't. He also could have put his name on letters to the Speaker along with family members of teh dead and others such as myself but he didn't. We only have the select committee now because Boehner got enough pressure but a lot more time has passed.

With regard to 50% of the vote I suggest you take a look at the last 5th District Poll from a few weeks ago. Here are the numbers Cassidy 34%, Landrieu 32%, Maness 16%, Hollis 10%, McMorris 8%. I don't put a lot of faith in polls but you can get long term trending off them and a year ago Mary was between 52-48% in this type of poll and now she is at 32%. Cassidy was at 34% a year ago and has not changed so I leave it to you to deduce why this poll shows like it does. Finally, this is an open Primary so you have to run a campaign that contrasts you with the other candidates so we must do that or we can't win and get to the runoff. Thanks for your question.

RobManess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't agree that removing a department means that automatically deletes programs or whole organizations if they provide a necessary function. Bigger Bureaucracies mean bigger costs and that's what I am getting at. Nevertheless, you are right on target, its easy to say, lets cut such and such, but the devil is in the details and we'll have to get through each of those in a way that is best for the taxpayer, not the bureaucracy or politicians.

RobManess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    One more thing J-Dog ... our target is Mary so you are right we have to keep that in mind all the time. That is why I came out and stated openly that I will support the Republican in the runoff, whoever it is. I hope the other candidates do too.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I don't agree that removing a department means that automatically deletes programs or whole organizations if they provide a necessary function. Bigger Bureaucracies mean bigger costs and that's what I am getting at. Nevertheless, you are right on target, its easy to say, lets cut such and such, but the devil is in the details and we'll have to get through each of those in a way that is best for the taxpayer, not the bureaucracy or politicians.

Thank you for your candor / reply. Those were indeed the points I was interested in

RobManess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    Is this actually Rob posting here or just one of his secretaries? As for questions. What is your take on Concealed Carry?

I am a concealed carry permit holder. Glad to see some rules relaxed by the state legislature this year for restarraunts, etc. I am for as many responsible gun owners carrying as possible as it reduces crime.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Thank you, Colonel Maness for taking the time to join the board and answer pointed questions in a not so conventional setting. I will vote for you in November, and will contribute to your campaign effort.

Same here Sir! Good to see you on here!

I actually started a thread asking if people had looked into you as a candidate not too long ago. I hope more folks either get to know you here, or in other venues, before they go to the voting booth.

shootinFe

grey man
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Louisiana
    Thank you for serving our country, however at this time there is a possibility that a "split the conservative vote" is in place. If the voters are not wise, it might allow Landrieu to be re-elected. I work daily on behalf of electing who I think is the strongest candidate and that would be Bill Cassidy. BTW, I'm not a member of his campaign, I'm just a regular guy hard at work in my own community on his behalf.

To win these days we have to do more than just cast our single vote on election day, we have to galvanize and turn out the voters with a single message and purpose !

the dubshow

master plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    1. Dept of Ed, Dept of Energy, HHS, DHS for starters ...Audit the Fed Bill that Rand Paul wrote needs to be passed. IRS needs to be audited then abolished and to do that we will need tax reform that enables the action. DoD budget needs to be audited and acquisition system needs to be reformed. EPA...they will be done.
    2 & 3 What I believe is irrelevant but here is what I think should happening RIGHT NOW: The House of Reps should be screaming investigate every day and establishing committees to formulate the articles as is THIER Constitutional duty. MY QUESTION is WHY would anyone vote for ANY sitting Congressman who is not doing that and everything in their power to get things investigated properly?
    4. The first thing we have to do is freeze budget GROWTH and get the Congressional budget process back on regular order. They haven't passed a budget in 5 years so until we do that cuts are irrelevant. Also, add up the department budgets I listed in item 1 and that should be a good number for starters.
    5. I have seen no evidence of this that is convincing but they really haven't had to with some of the idiots out there shooting citizens. The worst part is they ARE attacking the second amendment and the first. We must protect them at all costs as they are the foundation of our Country. As soon as we get enough folks to support the Constitution in office, we can start rolling back some of these crazy laws like gun free zones.
    6. yes, yes see the article in AMerican Thinker yesterday bidding contracts to handle 65K illegal alien minors. Bidding was in JAn 2014 ...hhhmm. I spoke with a immigration enforcement officer a week ago and she said all the officers feel as though they are being made accomplices by being ordered to take these kids into our interior, the opposite of what the law says they are supposed to do. we need them to whistleblow
    7. he is a corrupt partisan that needs to be tried for calling men like me a jihadist and terrorist during the WWII memorial shutdown ...
    8. None that are in office today. I supported a guy I knew in the AF for 25 years and trust with my life, but he couldn't even get 2 % of the vote in a dem primary for congress running on the constitution. should have run as an R. I could have worked with him.
    9. LOLOLOL .... uh, NO.

Mr. Maness,

Thanks for your very direct answers. I have been following your campaign for a while and explaining your immense value as a non-incumbent to uninformed voters.

You have my vote sir. Good luck!

RobManess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2014
    Madisonville, LA
    Thank you for serving our country, however at this time there is a possibility that a "split the conservative vote" is in place. If the voters are not wise, it might allow Landrieu to be re-elected. I work daily on behalf of electing who I think is the strongest candidate and that would be Bill Cassidy. BTW, I'm not a member of his campaign, I'm just a regular guy hard at work in my own community on his behalf.

To win these days we have to do more than just cast our single vote on election day, we have to galvanize and turn out the voters with a single message and purpose !

Thanks for your candor. Of course, many people disagree and realize the "Split the vote" mantra from the GOP establishment just doesn't hold up to the facts. None of the multi-candidate independent polls looking at Nov 4 show Mary able to get a 50% vote and in fact have steadily shown her decline from 52-48 over the last year to now in the mid to low 30s on a Nov 4 election and a loss on Dec 6. I respect your decision on who to support and if we all get out and vote for our choice on Nov 4, we will clearly defeat her on Dec 6.

Last edited:

golftdibrad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    BR
    Link saved for Later.

Mr. Maness, you have my support. I tell everyone I can that your running and that a vote for Cassidy is a vote for evil, even if its the lesser of 2, and I'm done voting for evil. Honestly his voting record, back when it mattered, is terrible anyway.

My question for you is when/where/how are you going to get some more exposure? get up some billboards and signs in high visibility areas man! 95% of republican voters don't even know someone else is running

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA

Explain how the primary is a split vote situation? As the two republicans are running against each other. The one that wins the primary would then run against Landrieu. Am I incorrect in this?

Of course any conservative would vote against Landrieu. But we are not at that point. And after seeing good people winning against entrenched incumbents in VA and elsewhere, it would not be prudent to vote for Cassidy in the primary.

I for one can no longer vote for the lesser of two evils, as they are both evil. if Mr. Maness wins the primary, great! But if in the end, it is Cassidy or Landrieu, so be it. I am no longer voting for the win, that is what has put us in the situation we are in now. I am voting for whoever I think is right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

golftdibrad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    BR

Not a personal attack here, thanks for being involved....BUT I'd honestly rather another 6 years of Mary than 6 years of Cassidy. At least we know what to expect with Mary, and gridlock in Washington = no new laws = a good thing to me.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Link saved for Later.

Mr. Maness, you have my support. I tell everyone I can that your running and that a vote for Cassidy is a vote for evil, even if its the lesser of 2, and I'm done voting for evil. Honestly his voting record, back when it mattered, is terrible anyway.

My question for you is when/where/how are you going to get some more exposure? get up some billboards and signs in high visibility areas man! 95% of republican voters don't even know someone else is running

I share the concern that the incumbent currently has no widely publicized R opponent. I'll be spreading the word about your campaign.

Thank you for your service Col., and the best of luck with outing mary.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom