Conceal Carry at DDay Museum

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I live nearby and have done so without difficulty.

One warning: The small parking lot between the Confederate Museum and the WW-II museum has some peculiar and very strict rules. I advise to not park there; many, many have been "towed" from there. The other area lots are a mix of WW-II museum lots and regular commercial lots; should be OK.

Restaurants associated with the museums are terribly expensive.

I, too, would not go unarmed.

leVieux

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    I parked in the little lot next door. I left my gat in my rig. I went to the museum unarmed. No one noticed.

My car was in the same spot when I got back.

I want to add I did pay to park and left my parking receipt visible. Which I found totally difficult and completely against my right to bear arms.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Off topic, but while your there you need to try the restaurant attached called American Sector. Awesome food. Lunch prices are very good for the quality.

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    I agree. Food was great. My buddy went with me. He open carried and had his shirt on that says:
    Roses are Red
    Violets are Blue
    I'm no jack booted 26....
    ARE YOU?

They made him put it up. So he said he's never going back and he's going to go the Iran-Contra museum on the far side of Bourbon.... Where you can 'open carry'

I said 'your momma b' at least a hundred times under my breath to the security guard with the duty belt

Last edited:

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    I live just out of NO. I do not go downtown unless I have to. When I do, I carry so many guns I rattle. I have never had an issue at the WWII museum.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Going there Saturday with my gf and her family. Has anyone here carried there? Rather not go to NOLA unarmed, or leave it in the vehicle.

Don't leave anything in your car in the Warehouse district. Vehicle break-ins are an issue in that area. Truck theft was really bad at one time, too.

The homeless shelter is very near there. It "lets out" at 6 or 7am. They rove from then on out. The actual area is good. It's the bordering hood on the other side of the interstate that's full of rats. They are mostly kept out, though. You'll be fine during daylight.

Last edited:

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    Going there Saturday with my gf and her family. Has anyone here carried there? Rather not go to NOLA unarmed, or leave it in the vehicle.

Considering that the War that it memorializes was fought in big part for our "Right to Bear Arms" don't you think it would be a slap in the face to every veteran who walks in to see
    a sign that says he cannot carry ?

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Considering that the War that it memorializes was fought in big part for our "Right to Bear Arms" don't you think it would be a slap in the face to every veteran who walks in to see
    a sign that says he cannot carry ?
    WW2 was fought over the second amendment.

Are you serious?

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    WW II was fought at the request, well demand, of the Federal Gov't. But the men who fought did so because they had the idea that it was over freedoms, for the US and others as well. Pretty sure RKBA was in there somewhere, serious.

Every vet in every war should be honored at every occasion and the leaders who put them in harms way should be tried for treason.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    WW II was fought at the request, well demand, of the Federal Gov't. But the men who fought did so because they had the idea that it was over freedoms, for the US and others as well. Pretty sure RKBA was in there somewhere, serious.

Every vet in every war should be honored at every occasion and the leaders who put them in harms way should be tried for treason.

I'm not trying to drift the thread, but the above comment makes it seem as though no wars can be justified. I just don't agree with that. The Nazi's were commiting wholesale slaughter of innocent people, and the Japs waged war on us with every intention of doing so completely. Politics played a large part of it, but I don't think it negates the fact that there were some pretty valid reasons for fighting. And I don't think every politician should be "tried for treason" for supporting the action. My grandfather's brother was in the US Army and helped set up a medical station outside a liberated concentration camp in Germany. Some of things he saw and would speak about were absolutely horrific examples of torture and abuse. Whatever political decisions led to our involvement are in no way outweighed by the fact that we helped stop these atrocities.
    Back on topic, to the OP, last time I was at the museum, I didn't notice any "no firearms" signs. You may want to check the website prior to going to see if anything is listed on there. I'm not sure if the museum is private or government run, etc. There may be some regulation that applies to the property, other than signs.
    This is why I'm big supporter of revising the "No Firearms" laws and signage regulations. It would be nice for the state to require a particular sign, easily recognizable, such as a STOP sign. Standard shape, standard size, and and guidelines for it to be placed in a standard area. It would greatly cut down on the confusion. I can't tell you how many times I've walked into a place and shopped, and on the way out noticed a 3"x4" sticker at the bottom of the door glass that's barely noticeable.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    leaders who put them in harms way should be tried for treason.

We stayed out of WWII for over two years officially. We entered on Pearl Harbor. We were attacked on our home front. Millions of people were being slaughtered and it was apparent Japan wanted to continue advancing through the Pacific. You think Roosevelt should be tried for treason?

Top Bottom