Concealed carry & Leo's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    WHATS THE FIRST THING A COP DOES WHEN HE HEARS THE WORD GUN????? He reaches for his!!! I ain't getting shot by some stupid overzealous cop.

Pretty sure that you are expressing you opinion on what happens vs what happens in reality.

And by law if you are carrying a handgun as a CHP holder, you are REQUIRED to inform the LEO at the beginning of the encounter. So you arent doing anything special by informing, you are just following the law.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    WHATS THE FIRST THING A COP DOES WHEN HE HEARS THE WORD GUN????? He reaches for his!!! I ain't getting shot by some stupid overzealous cop. And I'm NEVER A DICK TO THE COPS! EVER! I have two in my family and I'm well aware of ALL my responsibilities as a permit holder. I'm not a sovereign anything, and the 3% are the 3% of the colonist that fought the British while the rest stayed home or loyal to the crown.

Your never a dick to the stupid overzealous cops...... Thanks for playin, and proving my point. And you are correct, YOU don't want to get pulled over by me, you definitely wouldn't enjoy it.

Settle the **** down, Francis. I didn't say you were a sovereign and I know what the 3% "I'da joined but" Isis hunter ******** is about, I don't need a history lesson from you. I obviously struck a nerve though, 2 reply sin less than 12 hours after over a year with only 5 posts?!? You're way to easy to dial up. Seriously, smoke a j or drink u a brew and calm the **** down, it's the Internet.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    So showing the officer your permit is not telling him?
    I've been pulled over a few times carrying and I hand the officer my permit on top my DL, never had a problem

Technically...... no. Catch the wrong LEO and they can easily say that you did not inform that you were currently carrying. But most will understand the meaning of being handed a CHP.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Technically...... no. Catch the wrong LEO and they can easily say that you did not inform that you were currently carrying. But most will understand the meaning of being handed a CHP.

This ^^^

Your CHP is flagged in DMV with your license so we see it when your DL gets run, but like Alpine said, presenting a CHP is not the same as informing you are carrying. I have encountered the rare CHP holder who was not carrying at the time, so again, presenting is not the same as notifying you are carrying. I wouldn't make an issue of it, unless you made me make an issue of it.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    So showing the officer your permit is not telling him?
    I've been pulled over a few times carrying and I hand the officer my permit on top my DL, never had a problem

No all you're doing is showing him a CHP. That doesn't mean you have a weapon concealed on your person, you have to tell the man and show him your CHP.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles

This ^^^

Your CHP is flagged in DMV with your license so we see it when your DL gets run, but like Alpine said, presenting a CHP is not the same as informing you are carrying. I have encountered the rare CHP holder who was not carrying at the time, so again, presenting is not the same as notifying you are carrying. I wouldn't make an issue of it, unless you made me make an issue of it.

No all you're doing is showing him a CHP. That doesn't mean you have a weapon concealed on your person, you have to tell the man and show him your CHP.

These. The CHP presentation is notification of a CHP. The statute requires notification of being armed (of course only when actually armed). It seems kinda obvious, but like stated, get the wrong guy, and he could make the encounter more burdensome than it needs to be.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Rule of thumb:

If you're carrying, inform the LEO and hand him your CHP with your DL.
    If you're not carrying, inform the LEO and hand him your CHP with your DL.

Play stupid games and all that jazz.

kae6511

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Metairie, LA
    Well being a semi-rookie cop. Thanks for letting me know that when I hear the word gun I am supposed to just start aimlessly shooting. I wasn't aware of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    And you are correct, YOU don't want to get pulled over by me, you definitely wouldn't enjoy it.

Well I think I can say the same for getting pulled over by any cop. I mean you guys ard good company and all but in that maybe 10min encounter it just cost me $200 depending where I'm at and how fast you caught me going. A hooker would love that kind of rate. :mamoru:

I mean you guys are usually fun to shoot the **** with but at $1,200 per hour. :doh:

The way I see it I hate this BS ticket/fleecing concept but it is what it is. In all my years for cutting checks to this podunk town and that parish I only ran across a hand full of a-holes.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Not doing stuff to get stopped in the first place has worked pretty good for me for the last 19 years of having a CHP

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Not doing stuff to get stopped in the first place has worked pretty good for me for the last 19 years of having a CHP

If all the speed limits were set appropriately I wiuld nearly never get a ticket. But its the American way to tax through tickets thats way most our great nation is covered with speed limit signs that are posted 20-30 mph below "engineered speed" (the speed a highway is designed to be traveled with ample margin for safety).

Note I have never been sighted in any way other than speeding. I am a cautous driver but these speed limits are bs. I've never been faulted in a wreck either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom