Concealed carry on a pedestrian ferry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I don't see anything in Louisiana law for CC on a Louisiana ferry. I'm just not sure if there is something that may prohibit carry under some kind of maritime or federal law. Does anyone know if it is legal carry as a pedestrian? I won't be in my vehicle.

Thanks

Last edited:

ARshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Since nobody replied, I take it nobody knew anything about it. However, I wanted to share with everyone what I found out today. I called the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit unit to ask them and they told me it's pretty much the same as open carry in Louisiana which is...There's no law for it or against it, therefore, making it legal. I'm stil a little skeptical that there could be some king of maritime or federal law, but I would think the state police should have known about it.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    There are some things to worry about and some things not to worry about. I would say this is one you shouldn't be worried much about.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Since nobody replied, I take it nobody knew anything about it. However, I wanted to share with everyone what I found out today. I called the Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit unit to ask them and they told me it's pretty much the same as open carry in Louisiana which is...There's no law for it or against it, therefore, making it legal. I'm stil a little skeptical that there could be some king of maritime or federal law, but I would think the state police should have known about it.
    You can have a gun on a boat if you have a boat and a gun. You can also CC a gun on a boat if you have a CC and a gun :) Federal law doesn't prevent you from having a gun with you on a boat. I agree with aroundlsu - don't worry about it, don't let anyone see your gun, and you should be fine!!

Top Bottom