Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 will be RS? (Now going to be the Law!)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ICMYI: Constitutional Carry is back in the Louisiana State Legislature! Governor Landry called for the State Legislature to convene for a special session on February 19th to consider. Senate Bill 1, NRA-backed Constitutional Carry bill. This bill will strengthen the right to self-defense in Louisiana by recognizing the right of any law-abiding adult who is at least 18 years old to carry a concealed firearm without first having to obtain government permission.

Be sure to contact your state senator and state representative and ask for their support of Senate Bill 1 to make Louisiana the next Constitutional Carry State!

Louisiana has now been the 2nd state this year to propose constitutional carry behind South Carolina. Citizens of constitutional carry Louisiana will be able to exercise their 2nd amendment right without any further delays, fees or government policy no longer. This does not negate eligibility for those pursuing a carry permit, or those who already have an existing permit. Pursuits of carry permits may do so for other lawful purposes and out of state possession.

As we move forward into this pivotal year of 2nd Amendment defense, we hope you can be a part of this and join in the fight for our rights. For questions, please contact Cole Myers, NRA-ILA Grassroots Coordinator, at cole@nrailafrontlines.com.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Im ready for this one!!! I think we got it this time!!!
    1707756084085.jpeg

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I amended the form letter. I told my Representative and Senator that I currently utilize Veterans Carry, but my service was about defending everyone's Constitutional rights. I also said that you can't pistol whip anyone for acting up without a pistol and that I haven't shot anyone in the United States, but have pistol whipped several perps over the years.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I amended the form letter. I told my Representative and Senator that I currently utilize Veterans Carry, but my service was about defending everyone's Constitutional rights. I also said that you can't pistol whip anyone for acting up without a pistol and that I haven't shot anyone in the United States, but have pistol whipped several perps over the years.
    Getting that mouth on and getting pistol whipped is certainly with-in someone's rights!
    Freedom of speech is also the freedom to shut-the -***k-up.
    2 sides of the freedom coin, choose wisely.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Long overdue. It's the right measure at the right time. I'm glad we have Landry. I watched a state rep. (democrat) earlier crying about all of the other issues that need addressing and not just violence and police issues. News alert jackass.... we need law and order or the rest means nothing. People are some damn stupid. I watched Clancy Dubos, he was crying also about how this law won't make anyone safe, I beg to differ, you sniveling idiot, it'll make many people safer.

Last edited:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    We need this passed without being gutted with non related amendments...But what we need more is the quick and forceful prosecution and enforcement of the sentences that the courts have imposed . And getting rid of the lipwristed attorneys/ limpwristed prosecuters/ limpwristed judges who like putting the bad guys back out on the street before the ink on the arrest report has a chance to dry..

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I just shot a crow today and put in the freezer. Waiting to see if I will have to eat if this passes.

The Sheriffs association is getting their tears of opposition ready....
    I think you'll be eating it sooner than we thought. Hell, I'll help you eat it. It'll be worth it to be free to exercise one more God given right without government interference.

I like this guy... He's all about law and order and that's what society needs to prosper.

rhettro

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2007
    We need this passed without being gutted with non related amendments...But what we need more is the quick and forceful prosecution and enforcement of the sentences that the courts have imposed . And getting rid of the lipwristed attorneys/ limpwristed prosecuters/ limpwristed judges who like putting the bad guys back out on the street before the ink on the arrest report has a chance to dry..
    Yep. The case of the three year old beaten to death while auntie gambled, guess what? Auntie was charged with 2nd degree murder on a DIFFERENT case in 2021. Somehow, still out to wreck others lives, whether directly or indirectly.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    If this passes, and I hope it does; be mindful of the required 1000ft distance from a “school gun free zone”.

With all the schools and “home schools” it may be very very difficult to navigate in between the “gun free zones” and be within the requirement of the law.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    If this passes, and I hope it does; be mindful of the required 1000ft distance from a “school gun free zone”.

With all the schools and “home schools” it may be very very difficult to navigate in between the “gun free zones” and be within the requirement of the law.
    I am 100% behind CC, but this is one of the many reasons that it will always be worth the day every 5 years to keep my CCP. And since I did the last "day" online and at work, it was really just 10 minutes of shooting to stay current.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I am 100% behind CC, but this is one of the many reasons that it will always be worth the day every 5 years to keep my CCP. And since I did the last "day" online and at work, it was really just 10 minutes of shooting to stay current.
    Hopefully this will make it even easier to get the permit. Although I think the same laws apply to permit holders as well as those that don't have the permit. I don't think the laws will be much different except maybe while traveling, although that will be adapted also. It's my understanding that in Mississippi anyone can conceal carry in that state as long as they are legally able to possess a firearm. I think Louisiana might be the same.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here is the link to the Governor's "Call for a Special Session"

It outlines each item he intends to address.

Whether all or any of this actually works to reduce crime is yet to be determined. That is irrelevant because Landry ran on this agenda and was elected in the primary. Those who speculate on what will or won't work are just blathering. Whatever the case, at least the guy is trying "something!"

As for Constitutional Carry? I know we have our share of morons here, but is someone really expecting me to believe that Louisianans are going to be less responsible with Constitutional Carry than all the states surrounding us that have it? 26 states as of today?

Look closely at those that oppose it here; you'll find a "D" or a democrat bent associated with them somewhere; even if they call themselves republicans to get elected.

Top Bottom