Constitutional carry for Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Man thats some crap, I just did the jumping thru hoops in December for a renewal CCP

If I have to pay and go to class and go to a stinking gun range and shoot 42? boolits then the rest of these Johnny come lately's need the same training and pay up as well...

Don't come to class stinking the skunk-weed either !

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It’s not considered training and you fire 36 rounds.

I hope Louisiana becomes a constitutional carry state, but I will still need a permit for reciprocity to travel, so I’m more curious if LA will go the MS route with an *enhanced* permit.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    It’s not considered training and you fire 36 rounds.

I hope Louisiana becomes a constitutional carry state, but I will still need a permit for reciprocity to travel, so I’m more curious if LA will go the MS route with an *enhanced* permit.

I think we followed suit with MS with the primitive hunting laws. Hopefully they take a page from wildlife and fisheries book and get us constitutional carry.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Man thats some crap, I just did the jumping thru hoops in December for a renewal CCP

If I have to pay and go to class and go to a stinking gun range and shoot 42? boolits then the rest of these Johnny come lately's need the same training and pay up as well...

"A Louisiana State Representative pushes for new legislation on the state’s concealed carry law. The legislation would allow citizens to carry a concealed handgun on them, without needing a permit or firearms safety classes.
    Some lawmakers are hoping to jump on board with eighteen other states with *constitutional carry* laws in their books."

"Some law enforcement officers hope Louisiana will not join states like Arizona, Mississippi, and Oklahoma where anyone who can legally possess a firearms may carry it without a permit or any training."

No training or class required. No fees either.

source article: https://www.kplctv.com/2021/02/26/louisianas-concealed-carry-law-is-up-changes-legislature/

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I would like to see this pass.

I'll remain hopeful, and write all of the appreciate letters. Make some phone calls.

I've seen this come up before, and it never seems to pass.

I wonder if Gov Edwards would sign it even if it does pass.

NickelPython357

Revolverist
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La.
    From what I understand so far JBE is one of the most pro 2A Democrats in the whole country. If it gets to him I think he will sign it into law. He has big supporters with concerns in the gun industry to appease even if he wasn't already on board. It does kind of suck for those who already have a permit and have paid their fees but for the 2nd Amendment it is a step in the right direction to ensure we get to keep and reclaim our full rights under it. We live in a state, Louisiana, who's license plates proclaim it "Sportsman's Paradise" and should be completely pro 2nd Amendment.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR

Maybe they will refund all of your cost like they gonna do for all the people that already paid their student loans off.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I would not mind if it passed, but I think the CHP process should be streamlined. Just get rid of the fingerprints and have the shop or range who conducts the class do the instant check and issue the permit at the end of the class. Wham, bam, thank you mam!
    The State would save money and still collect the fees.

noahvale

shootist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Redstick
    Makes no sense to be able to be able to legally open carry until you put a jacket on and then it is considered concealed.

I have a membership at FRC. I usually don't go on Saturdays. Went yesterday to shoot my new M&P I had just bought. There were 30 or so doing the training portion of the class. Just my opinion, but if that is training it is sorely lacking. BTW the second range is now open, pistol only on the new side and everything on the older one.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cognac.cal
    Top Bottom