Constitutional carry for Louisiana?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    That's great. We need a school based curriculum that teaches gun safety and creates a foundation of responsible gun ownership and it needs to be applied in all schools.
    I agree with you, but can you imagine the liberal heads exploding if that were enacted?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk Pro

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I agree with you, but can you imagine the liberal heads exploding if that were enacted?

It would mirror the Sex Ed controversy we already had. Heaven forbid that our young people get safety education.

katzdad1962

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    pineville ,La.
    there are still laws that would be enforceable if you or drinking and have a firearm .i am very much in favor of this new law ,and pray it passes. i feel there will also be new laws to address some of the concerns people have .

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    Just some thoughts.

I don't know if Americans are really ready for Constitutional Carry. I agree with the idea in principle, but there are just so many gun owners or about to be gun owners who didn't grow up being taught gun safety or even thought about it.

If we really want to protect/expand our rights, gun safety should be part of curriculum in schools. It's a right and people should be taught how to safely practice that right.
    18 states worth of Americans are already dealing with it.

also, I don’t believe non-gun owners will all of a sudden go buy a gun just because they can conceal without a permit.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    This same Sheriff’s Association are the same ones that have kept Louisiana in the dark ages over many things and I wish they would actually go away because their presence is not needed especially when their main goal is to undermine the state government.

The La. Sheriffs Assoc is against this, Govs brother is sheriff around Amite

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Seems to be too many people that think/know that all Liberals think the same, just like all Republicans think the same. There’s quite a large majority within each given state that don’t go along solely because of their party affiliation.

I actually learned that first hand from joining a
    couple *Liberal Gun Forums* and saw that they have quite a different outlook than their wacko counterparts and seem to align more with the Old-School Democrat mindset from 50yrs ago.

I just like to know what other people are thinking and why, before I decide anything. That’s for all
    areas of discussion. Misunderstanding leads to misleading which leads to Division. I think Americans have gotten to the point of hating/disliking each
    other more than the actual enemies attacking us.

4-14

treat never keep keep
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    WBR
    As much sense as it makes that constitutional carry should be enacted, it doesn’t make CENTS. So I feel it will never pass. While it doesn’t generate billions for the state, it’s income it would lose.

IMO, by the way the statute is written, you actually lose rights when you conceal because you have to identify yourself. It doesn’t make sense logically that you don’t have to identify yourself when OC’ing but do when concealing. You don’t have to be detained, arrested or even suspected of a crime. You simply have to be approached by an officer in his/her official capacity.

I’ve fought with myself on whether or not to get it. But I decided to go ahead and get it since it’s free for Vets and my wife wanted to get hers and I didn’t want her to do it by herself. Now I don’t come into contact with police on the regular basis, but the simple fact that you basically waive your right to privacy doesn’t sit well with me.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Just some thoughts.

I don't know if Americans are really ready for Constitutional Carry. I agree with the idea in principle, but there are just so many gun owners or about to be gun owners who didn't grow up being taught gun safety or even thought about it.

If we really want to protect/expand our rights, gun safety should be part of curriculum in schools. It's a right and people should be taught how to safely practice that right.
    VT has had Constitutional Carry for decades. Doesn’t seem to be an issue for them. In fact ME and NH have had it for a little while now as well. Those three states are 5 of the safest in the nation! Compare their violent crime rates with those of bordering MA which had some of the strictest gun laws in the country!

Agree with you on gun safety. Just be careful as the left has turned that term into meaning that we should lock all guns up and store them at a gun club as opposed to actual education about firearms as you mean it in your post above

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    As much sense as it makes that constitutional carry should be enacted, it doesn’t make CENTS. So I feel it will never pass. While it doesn’t generate billions for the state, it’s income it would lose.

First off, the state takes enough of our money.

Secondly, it costs the state as they have to pay to administer and track permits. It’s not clear to me that the state is making money in the deal.

Finally , how much LEO time will that free up to fight crime? They have a ~ 6-month backlog processing applications right now!

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    First off, the state takes enough of our money.

Secondly, it costs the state as they have to pay to administer and track permits. It’s not clear to me that the state is making money in the deal.

Finally , how much LEO time will that free up to fight crime? They have a ~ 6-month backlog processing applications right now!

I kind of doubt that the CHP division is fully staffed with POST certified street cops .

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    I kind of doubt that the CHP division is fully staffed with POST certified street cops .
    Not having this requirement placed on them should save them money if that is not the case, which would allow money to either be saved or to place additional resources on the beat or layoff administrative help that will no longer be required

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I would be surprised if the nice ladies I’ve dealt with at LSP are even police. It’s really an administrative job.

Top Bottom