Convince me please!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    In my defense it was a LONG time ago. We all make mistakes... I only kept it for a few weeks. My old truck leaked so I needed something disposable. I brought it back to the seller and got my $40 back. Besides, it was only a cabinet it shot, not my couch! Oh, and a school book caught the stinger after it went through the cabinet door. Talk about textbook expansion! It was interesting going to class after that...

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Wow. Where did you get your training for the permit?

in texas. dont get me wrong.i ve been to class and paid absolute attenion to instructer. this whole thread is just about getting some ideal form the people who has been carrying.thanks

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    This is the parodox of gun ownership, I think you should have a gun if you want one, BUT, you owe it to yourself and everyone around you to learn all you can about it.
    I have watched people at the conceal carry classes and some people have never shot a handgun in their life and now they are being allowed to carry a loaded weapon in public.
    There is a saying that I have seen on this forum and it really drives it home,...
    "Owning a Guitar doesn't make me a musician and owning a gun doesn't make me a shooter"!
    PRACTICE, PRACTICE,..and PRACTICE

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I think this is a great example of the "God gave us a right to have guns, so there should be no government sanctions at all" philosophy.

Obviously, he may have given us the right, but not the knowledge.:cool:

That's the thing; see, I can't decide if this guy is the greatest hoax ever put across this site or if he really is some refugee from Bosnia who is as totally clueless as he purports to be.

I don't know anyone who doesn't at least learn SOMETHING about whatever they buy - be it car or guitar or firearm. There's just plenty of places to read about it on your own - at least enough to know the basics.

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    Pull the slide off and try to push the firing pin forward, you cant unless you push down the firing pin block. The grip safety has to be pressed for the trigger engage, the trigger safety has to be depressed for the trigger to unlock and all of these safeties have to be satisfied for the firing pin block to be pressed to allow the firing pin to make contact with the primer.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    That's the thing; see, I can't decide if this guy is the greatest hoax ever put across this site or if he really is some refugee from Bosnia who is as totally clueless as he purports to be.

I don't know anyone who doesn't at least learn SOMETHING about whatever they buy - be it car or guitar or firearm. There's just plenty of places to read about it on your own - at least enough to know the basics.

I am on the fence too./

ed7232004

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Thanks for all of non helping s help!u guys are doing me not much better. Found out that the more I visit this forum the more I feel uncomfortable about people doing pesonal attack to me thanks guys!

40caloldtimer

I can hit the orange.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    Burnside, LA
    A good, modern, quality firearm does not just GO OFF, without shooter interaction. Use a good holster, be mindful when you place the gun in the holster, and follow the four safety rules like someones life depended on it.

1. All guns are always loaded (until you establish whether they are or not).
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. Keep your gun pointed in a safe direction at all times: on the range, at home, loading, or unloading.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target (and you are ready to shoot).
    4. Be sure of your target. Know what it is, what is in line with it and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you haven't positively identified.
    Get your head wrapped around this and you'll be fine.

Agreed. Also if you are worried about carrying a loaded firearm DO NOT CARY A FIREARM.

Last edited:

FishingBack

Slave to Society
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    I would wager that with your mindset on the forum, just don't carry a gun. However, if you are serious in real life, carry it a week without one in the chamber first, and hope that week isn't the one you'll need it.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    carry

am I parinoid,I smell a troal.what do you expec the people here are not stupid they have probable never heard of one who claim such fear.

Top Bottom