Cooking Ribs in the Oven

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezekiel79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    I learned an easy method to cook ribs in the oven so even on rainy days you can cook ribs. You can use whatever type ribs you want, but I prefer baby back ribs. You can marinate them however you want. I have used Tony Chachere's and Kraft honey mustard dressing or just Tony's by itself. The possibilities are unlimited. Any barbecue sauce or seasoning will work. Just marinate them overnight.

The key is the aluminum foil. Make sure you wrap the foil all the way around and seal it tight my rolling the ends tightly so no moisture will escape. Then turn on the stove around 250-300°F and let is cook for 3-4 hours. Don't open the foil until you think it is finished because once you open them they will start to dry out.

I cooked about 6 racks of ribs for an NFC playoff game party at my house several years ago. The only thing limiting the amount is how big your stove is.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Thanks for the tip and welcome to the site.

Who won the game, and dont tell me Chicago:rofl:

Make sure to add yourself to the member map:p

Last edited:

gunut

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Cut Off, Louisiana
    I use that same method, but I do it on the BBQ pit. When done I take them out the foil and place them on the grill to darken for just a few minutes.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I was shopping at WalMart Saturday, I was just browsing the meats, normally I don't buy meat there, but they had a rack of ribs for under $7.00, I figured "WTH? I'll try this out..." So I go and grab some BBQ sauce... Sweet Baby Ray's. I get home and immediately pull up this post and saw the recommendation that it marinade over night and it takes 3-4 hrs to cook..... didn't have that kinda time. I gave them a good rub down with the ole seasoning and painted on the BBQ sauce thick, wrapped it up and threw it in the oven, 3 1/2 hrs later I pulled it out and much to my surprise it actually looked somewhat edible. I painted on another layer of bbq sauce and commenced to eating - these things were so tender it was pathetic. SO anyway, I got some decent ribs for two and it costs under $10, no complaints here

ezekiel79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Cooking the ribs in the oven is so low maintenance unlike cooking on the grill. It gives you more time to visit with company or make all the sides like potato salad, cole slaw, etc. Also, every time you crack open the oven, everyone gets a sniff of the main course.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    For anyone who's interested, there's some guys that post on youtube that also offer some pretty good recipes. Their videos are pretty entertaining, anyway... (you may have heard of them, but here's a link).....

http://www.bbqpitboys.com/

Last edited:

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    I usually wrap tightly in foil and bake low and slow ( below 300) for about 3 hrs. and ALWAYS finish up on the grill and even smoke for a short time occasionally. I like to smoke briskets and butts but baby back ribs tend to taste a little bacon or ham-like when smoked in my opinion. I use a simple dry rub and always remove the silver-skin from the back.

Top Bottom