Coons! (Another One Trapped, Post 76)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    A new season of coons.....New one at Post 76

There seems to be quite a bit of interest in raccoons on this site so possibly some will appreciate the photos below. We had been pestered by "something" getting into the trash, into the horsefeed, and injuring our cats. On a trip to the feed store I found an assortment of traps and have had some success in trapping and relocating. Four caught so far, averaging about one a week.

#5 caught last night (9/19/2013), photo added. Caught a Possum 9-24-13, photo added at Post #50.

View attachment 43981View attachment 43982View attachment 43983View attachment 43985
    View attachment 44052

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Peanut Butter works pretty well, but we've also caught on Chicken Nuggets (although I had to zip-tie to the cage). The photos don't show a clear scale of the size. The first one was probably the largest. I didn't examine them closely but if I had to guess, it would be (L to R): Papa, Baby, Mama, Yearling.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I found they couldn't resist marshmallows and cane sugar. Even ones previously trapped.

The one your boy is sitting by is a hoss!

tumblr_mrdf0i0fzL1rlmztwo1_500.gif

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    None of them look too happy to be in the cages, haha. How far away do you release them at?

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Thought about Mandeville, but with gas being so expensive just took them about 5 miles north & released in the Kisatchie National Forest, at least a mile from any house.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    There seems to be quite a bit of interest in raccoons on this site so possibly some will appreciate the photos below. We had been pestered by "something" getting into the trash, into the horsefeed, and injuring our cats. On a trip to the feed store I found an assortment of traps and have had some success in trapping and relocating. Four caught so far, averaging about one a week.

View attachment 43981View attachment 43982View attachment 43983View attachment 43985

Awwww they just want to be friends!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Don't give up on them. They can learn tricks & everything.

1252577204_raccoon_dancing.gif

And I'm pretty sure we have at least one experienced coon whisperer on here.....

Top Bottom