Cop Arrested

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    For those of you making this into a star chamber type affair...if the system was as corrupt as you'd choose to believe this officer and others like him would never be in the newspaper for being arrested. Get some perspective 'fer crying out loud. The officer had a human outrage moment and he is being punished for it. So back to the poor kid...

Piper...not going to argue semantics as I agree with what you said but your use of NEVER was still incorrect...you know semantically speaking :)

Last edited:

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Doesn't matter. I he was taken into custody, then the process still applies to him.

Oh I understand, man. According to the rules in place, he was wrong.

Not being involved, it's very easy for me to treat this as two seperate- and very different- issues. He didn't have that luxury.

My "outside looking in" reaction- admittedly- was focused on what happened to the kid.

I don't envy what first responders have to deal with. Believe that. :(

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    It goes a lot deeper than just hitting a handcuffed suspect. The officer made the decision that the suspect was guilty of the crime and decided he was going to administer some justice. Regardless of how much I might feel the suspect is the scum of the earth and regardless of how many people would like to mete out "justice" on the spot, my job would be to get that suspect into a courtroom INTACT for a fair trial.

I know a lot of people applaud (myself included, sometimes) the notion of justice being served on the spot, but that is counter to the core morals of law enforcement and to the principles this nation was founded on.

I think it is safe to say we've all had the thought of taking care of business when the system seemed to fail.

I'm sure someone may have been thinking the same thing while someone was in his yard about a week ago.

JR1572

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    For those of you making this into a star chamber type affair...if the system was as corrupt as you'd choose to believe this officer and others like him would never be in the newspaper for being arrested. Get some perspective 'fer crying out loud. The officer had a human outrage moment and he is being punished for it. So back to the poor kid...

Piper...not going to argue semantics as I agree with what you said but your use of NEVER was still incorrect...you know semantically speaking :)

That's why I'm a dinosaur and you see more and more of this happening.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    What I am reading is that some of you don't have a problem with a cop violating someone's civil rights in certain situations.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    The law is the law, but damn, the knee-jerk reaction is "He should'a". The action was wrong...Maybe, but LE are human being with feelings, and even kids of their own. Just like we would all like to have had the father find this scumbag before doing the deed and blast a sucking hole in his chest, ("He went for my gun, I had to shoot." Aww, let's hold a memorial.) the point, I think, Bayoupiper is making is that LE are held to, and perform at a higher standard and should remove emotion from the equation while performing their duties.

But the flipside is that we're all still human.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Like I've said in previous posts, if this were days of yore, the (accused) rapist in this case may have well not made it to the jail.. alive.

With everyone having a camera, including the police, rights violations by the police are fewer and far more in between now than they ever have been.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    What I am reading is that some of you don't have a problem with a cop violating someone's civil rights in certain situations.

Should the cop be disciplined for his actions? Absolutely. He was wrong to do what he did. Do I feel bad for the rapist? Hellllll no.

I'm surprised the father didn't put down the animal when he found him (assuming it was the father that walked in on them).

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    It was a 46 year old woman, 42 year old man, 13 year old boy and 9 year old boy.

I was able to handcuff the dad, bring him to the car but was kicked in the nuts twice by the 13yo, dropped my pr 24 fighting, 9 year old tried to hit me in my head with it the as the 13 year old tried to steal my car and the dad kicking the **** out of me. After I hit the 9 year old the mom came off the top rope and it was like conan the barbarian..... when backup showed up and almost ran me over in the street as I was on the ground trying I tie everyone up.

At that point I would have been glad if WE ALL GOT RUN OVER.

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    It was a 46 year old woman, 42 year old man, 13 year old boy and 9 year old boy.

I was able to handcuff the dad, bring him to the car but was kicked in the nuts twice by the 13yo, dropped my pr 24 fighting, 9 year old tried to hit me in my head with it the as the 13 year old tried to steal my car and the dad kicking the **** out of me. After I hit the 9 year old the mom came off the top rope and it was like conan the barbarian..... when backup showed up and almost ran me over in the street as I was on the ground trying I tie everyone up.

Sounds like this picture accurately describes the situation:

fisticuffs-zoom02.gif

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

:eek3: Damn dude.

Top Bottom