Could a lightsaber melt a bullet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Having a debate with a friend about the concept of a jedi being able to defend from bullets with his lightsaber. Obviously, the lightsaber wouldn't be able to block or deflect the bullet, but it might be able to melt/vaporize the bullet. Anyone have any idea or insight into this? I mean, the lightsaber could melt a bullet, but the bullet is going so fast, I think it would hardly be deformed by the lightsaber... my friend thinks it would become at least partially melted because of the intensity of the heat. Assuming The Force would allow the jedi to move the lightsaber into the path of the bullet in time.... FMJ, copper jacket lead core, 115gr 9mm 1000ft/s, What do you guys think?

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Absolutely. it melts thru blast doors.
    Good point sir! But I would say it takes a few seconds to do that, a bullet will only be exposed to lightsaber heat for like a tiny fraction of a second. I'm really trying to see if someone like a physicist could weigh in and determine the melting point of copper, the amount of time we have heat exposure, and then the thermal transfer rate, I think if we have those 3 variables we can answer the question. But I guess we don't really know the heat of a 'saber either...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ahhh i would think it could just deflect the bullet... after all it deflects the blaster lasers... that is if he is using the force... a would think a bullet would be no match if it can handle a blaster

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have no problem with the slow poodle rounds with my light saber, 9's 45's all the poodle shooter stuff

It's those zippy 223's things like I have to be game on, Later this year a faster model saber is coming out by Tesla I think.

Supposedly its rated for UFO Aliens types soon to arrive by this fall since bullets' bounce off the space craft and them....

USSF is doing the testing on the prototypes right now.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Sorry but who cares since the light sabers only exist in a no-existant non-reality world. Wake up. We have more important things to worry about. ................................ drill sgt.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry but who cares since the light sabers only exist in a no-existant non-reality world. Wake up. We have more important things to worry about. ................................ drill sgt.
    3qzg9h.jpg

Rocko68

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 27, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    This guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ejiEEun9s

Spoiler alert - His calculations say it will melt, but not safely vaporize, the bullet. It will spray you with molten lead. So, you'd be a Jedi with really cool scars.

Great video, I enjoyed the actual formulas, dude was a freak though, but my like for the Star Wars kept my interest. So it seems that if someone made an actual light saber in our Galaxy and time, boooolets would be better.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge

I’m just going assume you were being sarcastic with a dry sense of humor. Not everything has to be serious.

Vaporized metal? Nope, no thank you. You’d need more than range glasses for that.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iomg8

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 12, 2020
    lafayette, la
    So nerd alert, while watching the mandalorian, i did a little research on them. Basically the mandalorian fought the jedi, they switched from blasters to slug weapons cause they couldn't deflect the bullets. So while the saber could melt the bullet standing still, it wouldn't do it while it was flying at them with a gun.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    I’m just going assume you were being sarcastic with a dry sense of humor. Not everything has to be serious.

Vaporized metal? Nope, no thank you. You’d need more than range glasses for that.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry to have ruffled some feathers but I personally was not into any of the "Star Wars "/ space alien / Star Trek / etc. these types just did not /does not melt my butter. to me "2001 Space Odesy " seemed more believable. But to each their own likes/dislikes . .......................................... drill sgt.

C4Outdoors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2021
    Saint Amant, La
    My speculation is if the bullet is small enough the Sabre would evaporate the bullet into plasma. However depending on speed, time it’s interaction with the Sabre and other Enviromental factors it would not have enough time to vaporize the led. Therefore just defecting it.

but what do I know. Lightsabers are cool.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry to have ruffled some feathers but I personally was not into any of the "Star Wars "/ space alien / Star Trek / etc. these types just did not /does not melt my butter. to me "2001 Space Odesy " seemed more believable. But to each their own likes/dislikes . .......................................... drill sgt.

No feathers ruffled here. I look for any and every situation to use that quote\meme. Stripes was the best recruiting propaganda since WW2. Influenced my joining up, for sure. However, never ONCE came across a hot MP, let alone a pair of em...:dunno:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    The FN 5.7 is faster than the speed of lightsabers, so bullitts win. Better than that is the 7.63 of the new C-96 Blaster that Silo carries.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Keith I've never watched those shows either

Top Bottom