COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • That Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    South of Houma
    Whatever your thoughts on the vaccine are, there is a stat that is irrefutable (unless they are lying). This is just Louisiana BTW.

Those not fully vaccinated account for...
    90% of cases from 7/29 to 8/4
    83% of deaths from 7/29 to 8/4
    90% of current COVID hospitalizations

The issue is not freedom of choice! The issue is, the numbers above. People are "choosing" not to get vaccinated, but are taking up hospital beds and staff when they become ill from this.

If these numbers are correct, then these people should be the last people to get hospital treatment. What happens when a non-believer faces peril? They pray to a God they don't believe in in the first place to save them.

This is the same thing essentially. If you "choose" not to get vaccinated, I support your choice. But choose not to be admitted to a hospital if you start to get gravely ill from the virus as well.

There are still folks out there that have conditions outside of the virus, and emergencies that arise; that (if they are vaccinated), should get priority!

I blame the hospitals themselves for this. If you are being overwhelmed by un-vaccinated Covid patients, don't keep crying on the news about it, start kicking these people to the curb; and lesson your load to normal capacities!

So what you’re saying is that hospitals should refuse patients that are there because of poor choices they made. No more treating diabetics, heart disease, lung cancer, etc. etc.
    Maybe paramedics should start leaving drunk drivers injured in a crash to die on the side of the road as well.
    It is their decision to make the wrong choices that put them in those positions anyway, am I right?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So wait… with that mentality, only those who take precautions for any illness that may require hospitalization should be first in line?

I pay for my medical insurance the same as anyone else. If I’m PAYING to take up that bed, then I have EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO DO SO! I’m PAYING FOR THE CARE! This isn’t state funded care! Or wait, let’s split it up… so you’re saying those who are on Medicare or Medicaid should be the last to be seen?

So now it’s we should get the vaccine because we’re making the hospital staff work??? Seriously???? Isn’t the hospital there for a reason???? They are a business… there there to turn a profit! You think it’s about helping people? Lol. Let’s evaluate each patient and if they didn’t do everything possible to better themselves before the called 911 they can just sit?? Lol.

So what next? That’s just straight up idiotic. You want to put discretion on the standard of care you receive? So what if it’s a person with a terminal illness and in pain… so they go to the emergency room… because they’re going to die anyway we *kick them to the curb*???? Why waste the time of the hospital staff because someone who isn’t dying can be seen?

Or a gunshot victim… why bother even TRYING to save them if there more of the possibility they would succumb to their wounds?

Maybe you will show up with some illness and a hospital staff member tells you *sorry that’s now important enough* you’ll have to go somewhere else?

I understand what you are saying. I'll be willing to bet that this very high percentage of un-vaccinated hospital occupants ARE NOT PAYING a stiff insurance premium either. You are, I am. Mine is really stiff too!

I stated that I supported ANYONE'S choice NOT to decide to be vaccinated! Perhaps, I wasn't clear enough in my thoughts. If the vast majority of the hospitalizations are un-vaccinated people, there is cause and effect. And you make my point for me; you may have an emergency at your job (heaven forbid), and you are rushed to the hospital for the ER, but you can't get in. Why? You did your part taking care of your personal health (speculating here), you covered your ass with your high costing medical insurance, but you can't get in! They stick you in the hallway of the hospital (that is what they are doing), and you possibly die?!? You don't think that is screwed up?

I lost someone this weekend to a non-virus related illness. As soon as she passed, they took her out of that room so fast the family wasn't able to see her. That is what is going on.

I will say it again, if you don't want to get the vaccine, don't! I support that. But it is clearly evident, the effect on everyone else is real!

I don't know what the answer is!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So if the issue isn't about freedom, would you support rounding people up and forcing them to get the shot without their informed consent? Most human rights organizations and laws/treaties don't allow for people to be the subject of medical experimentation without their informed consent.

I absolutely DO NOT SUPPORT forced anything. Get it, fine! Don't get it, fine too! But other people will die from that choice!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So what you’re saying is that hospitals should refuse patients that are there because of poor choices they made. No more treating diabetics, heart disease, lung cancer, etc. etc.
    Maybe paramedics should start leaving drunk drivers injured in a crash to die on the side of the road as well.
    It is their decision to make the wrong choices that put them in those positions anyway, am I right?

There is no where to put them!?! They are being stacked in the hallways like cord wood waiting (hoping), they get the help they need. Yesterday they were shipping patients to Texas hospitals. What happens when that is not an option?

I'm not embellishing the numbers. The overwhelming majority of hospital occupants are un-vaccinated! I don't know what the answer is.

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    There is so much about this that doesn't add up. I wish I could find the article again, but there was an article stating statistics about the vaccinated/unvaccinated numbers in the hospitals at this time with an asterisk by the numbers. The footnote stated that the numbers calculated the overall hospitalizations/deaths not just strictly from Covid. So, if you had died from a heart attack, and weren't vaccinated, you fell in the "unvaccinated Death" category. Seeing stuff like that makes me very hesitant to trust any statistics because you can manipulate numbers to show what ever side of the coin that you want it to show, and then claim "The numbers don't lie". I've seen personally where the vaccination worked. My boss, who is vaccinated, was in close contact with someone who was diagnosed as Covid Positive. He has prior health issues (which is why he chose to get the shot) and never got Covid. I chose not to get the shot. My family and I were diagnosed with Covid in October 2020. It fatigued me for about 2 days, but I forced myself to stay as active as I could while in quarantine. I stayed active doing yard work, cleaning the house, etc. I have had food poisoning that was worse than what I felt from the Covid infection. My wife and kids were the same way. My kids never felt bad. Now, that being said, I count my blessings daily. I could've easily been in a different situation and feel compassion for the people that are. I just want there to be a little more research before I decide to get it. It pisses me off that I have been labeled 'selfish' by those that don't agree with me. Even a member of my own family has said that I'm selfish. BUT, aren't they actually the selfish ones? I don't bother them about their decision to get the vaccine. It was their choice. But because I don't agree with them and do what they want me to do, they can call me selfish. If they got the vaccine then they are supposed to be safe. That's being proved wrong on a daily basis. If I still run the risk of getting it, then I think I will manage that risk without possibly facing other health risks from taking a shot that doesn't seem to help as much as people thought it would.

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    I agree, can’t tell you how many vaccines I had to take while in the Marines. For me, this was just one more.
    Now that I am out, reporting to the VA Hospital was the least I could do. I am convinced that this was a biological attack from China I intend to live to see the CCP regret it.

Glad you don't mind getting vaccines because there will be many more to get before this gets any better.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There is so much about this that doesn't add up. I wish I could find the article again, but there was an article stating statistics about the vaccinated/unvaccinated numbers in the hospitals at this time with an asterisk by the numbers. The footnote stated that the numbers calculated the overall hospitalizations/deaths not just strictly from Covid. So, if you had died from a heart attack, and weren't vaccinated, you fell in the "unvaccinated Death" category. Seeing stuff like that makes me very hesitant to trust any statistics because you can manipulate numbers to show what ever side of the coin that you want it to show, and then claim "The numbers don't lie". I've seen personally where the vaccination worked. My boss, who is vaccinated, was in close contact with someone who was diagnosed as Covid Positive. He has prior health issues (which is why he chose to get the shot) and never got Covid. I chose not to get the shot. My family and I were diagnosed with Covid in October 2020. It fatigued me for about 2 days, but I forced myself to stay as active as I could while in quarantine. I stayed active doing yard work, cleaning the house, etc. I have had food poisoning that was worse than what I felt from the Covid infection. My wife and kids were the same way. My kids never felt bad. Now, that being said, I count my blessings daily. I could've easily been in a different situation and feel compassion for the people that are. I just want there to be a little more research before I decide to get it. It pisses me off that I have been labeled 'selfish' by those that don't agree with me. Even a member of my own family has said that I'm selfish. BUT, aren't they actually the selfish ones? I don't bother them about their decision to get the vaccine. It was their choice. But because I don't agree with them and do what they want me to do, they can call me selfish. If they got the vaccine then they are supposed to be safe. That's being proved wrong on a daily basis. If I still run the risk of getting it, then I think I will manage that risk without possibly facing other health risks from taking a shot that doesn't seem to help as much as people thought it would.

I don't think you are being selfish! I believe people that are shaming ANYONE for not doing this or that are really sick individuals! To add, from thperez' post; I believe anyone that supports "forced" compliance is REALLY f'd up in the head!

You know what is not really being talked about? Which politicians portfolio's are heavy with stock in Moderna, Pfizer, etc.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I understand what you are saying. I'll be willing to bet that this very high percentage of un-vaccinated hospital occupants ARE NOT PAYING a stiff insurance premium either. You are, I am. Mine is really stiff too!

I stated that I supported ANYONE'S choice NOT to decide to be vaccinated! Perhaps, I wasn't clear enough in my thoughts. If the vast majority of the hospitalizations are un-vaccinated people, there is cause and effect. And you make my point for me; you may have an emergency at your job (heaven forbid), and you are rushed to the hospital for the ER, but you can't get in. Why? You did your part taking care of your personal health (speculating here), you covered your ass with your high costing medical insurance, but you can't get in! They stick you in the hallway of the hospital (that is what they are doing), and you possibly die?!? You don't think that is screwed up?

I lost someone this weekend to a non-virus related illness. As soon as she passed, they took her out of that room so fast the family wasn't able to see her. That is what is going on.

I will say it again, if you don't want to get the vaccine, don't! I support that. But it is clearly evident, the effect on everyone else is real!

I don't know what the answer is!

Agreed

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    I don't think you are being selfish! I believe people that are shaming ANYONE for not doing this or that are really sick individuals! To add, from thperez' post; I believe anyone that supports "forced" compliance is REALLY f'd up in the head!

You know what is not really being talked about? Which politicians portfolio's are heavy with stock in Moderna, Pfizer, etc.

But if he catches Covid, he should be refused medical attention because he didn't get the jab????

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    O
    But if he catches Covid, he should be refused medical attention because he didn't get the jab????

It’s the same thing as not paying attention to your surroundings and deciding not to learn self-defense and be armed. You decided to become a victim. It is an even clearer case here, since more people are being hospitalized for Covid than anything else. Gun shot victims are far outnumbered by Covid victims. We are experiencing wartime casualties that will even surpass the Civil War at this point. At this rate, our hospitals will soon resemble Civil War field hospitals. Ironically, a lack of understanding infectious disease was a huge factor during that war. I hate to see history report itself.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Good stuff, maybe you should be down at the Mexico border trying to convince Joe and the Ho of this!

I hear you! You and I both know that Biden and Harris are playing games with our lives. There are no vaccinated illegals coming in. They are already a drain on our hospitals in border states. That is why our border state hospitals are going to get hit hard.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    WOW! It's amazing what this is doing to people. I surely hope that you are never denied medical treatment for any reason.

Many hospitals are at the point of an inability to provide treatment for new patients due to the overwhelming number of unvaccinated COVID patients. There are patients in hallways who wait hours just to be triaged. You can’t legally refuse treatment, but if this situation does not improve, there will be absolutely no treatment available.

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Some of the comments i have read on here recently is proof that the government is turning americans against each other. Every restaurant in New Orleans is now government run. What you think is going to happen when black people are told they can't enter an establishment for any reason.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    So wait… with that mentality, only those who take precautions for any illness that may require hospitalization should be first in line?

I pay for my medical insurance the same as anyone else. If I’m PAYING to take up that bed, then I have EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO DO SO! I’m PAYING FOR THE CARE! This isn’t state funded care! Or wait, let’s split it up… so you’re saying those who are on Medicare or Medicaid should be the last to be seen?

So now it’s we should get the vaccine because we’re making the hospital staff work??? Seriously???? Isn’t the hospital there for a reason???? They are a business… there there to turn a profit! You think it’s about helping people? Lol. Let’s evaluate each patient and if they didn’t do everything possible to better themselves before the called 911 they can just sit?? Lol.

So what next? That’s just straight up idiotic. You want to put discretion on the standard of care you receive? So what if it’s a person with a terminal illness and in pain… so they go to the emergency room… because they’re going to die anyway we “kick them to the curb”???? Why waste the time of the hospital staff because someone who isn’t dying can be seen?

Or a gunshot victim… why bother even TRYING to save them if there more of the possibility they would succumb to their wounds?

Maybe you will show up with some illness and a hospital staff member tells you “sorry that’s now important enough” you’ll have to go somewhere else?

You pay for your health insurance. Yes, you deserve a bed if you need one. Unfortunately, this is not really about hospital staff doing their jobs. I personally know a RN who is working through this at Oshner on Jefferson Hwy. You God damn right she is doing her job! I have patiently listened to her cry while she talks about watching people die after they lose their fight against Covid. This is about beds being UNAVAILABLE for you. It is about capacity(Ever have that nightmare where you are at war and you are out of ammo because the capacity of your mags has been emptied?). That nightmare is now a reality.

This does not have anything to do with other illnesses, because this is a single illness that is taking hospitals well above capacity.
    Your access to medical care is being affected adversely. You can’t argue that this is about doing the job. They are not stocking shelves or working an assembly line. They can’t speed up patient recovery from illness. All they can do is provide treatment and let it run it’s course. You can argue your right to care all you like. That care must first be AVAILABLE for you!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Some of the comments i have read on here recently is proof that the government is turning americans against each other. Every restaurant in New Orleans is now government run. What you think is going to happen when black people are told they can't enter an establishment for any reason.

This biological weapon came from Biological Weapons Research Lab Wuhan in China. Our enemy did that.

I actually live in New Orleans. It’s funny that you mention black people, since the majority of restaurant staff are black. I have only been asked for my proof by black people, and thanked me profusely because a handful of people are giving these blue color worker drama for doing their jobs. I now have a picture of my card as wallpaper for one of my phones.

That Guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    South of Houma
    This biological weapon came from Biological Weapons Research Lab Wuhan in China. Our enemy did that.

I agree with that statement 100%.
    Another reason to NOT wear mask. They’re all made in chyna. People in high places(politicians) are making a fortune off of our suffering and division amongst one another.
    My other pet peeve is people still buying Chinese optics, and shooting gear, like it’s the best thing ever.

Deacon

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Marine '93-'98

i agree with that to some point... you not sheep, and thanks for your service... you did somthing i didnt do...
    butttt... if all the vax'ed people dont need medical anymore becasue they are vax'ed... then why cant the un vax'ed get medical help? if anything they just putting money back into the system and utilizing the ins. that they pay for... just saying...

I am a Marine that was also jabbed countless time during my service. I, along with a few others I served with, have rare auto immune deficiencies since our time in the military. Even though I am compromised, I recently "survived" delta variant of the China virus(bio weapon). Immediate use of Ivermectin, vitamins D, C, and zinc. A FULLY vaccinated friend of mine is dying in the hospital right now. The Louisiana Department of Health website shows 17% of people who have died of the China Flu(bio weapon) in the last two weeks are FULLY vaccinated. https://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus
    My point? If you want the experimental, non FDA approved shot, go get it. If you truely believe it does what "they" say it does, why harass other free thinking Americans? :rolleyes:

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    I do not even remember how many vaccines I was given within the first 72 hours of Marine Corps boot camp and how many I was given before an overseas deployment. There were no permanent side effects.

I got my second Pfizer shot in early March at the Veterans Administration Hospital on Tulane Ave(If you think there was any wrong with serving as a Marine and going to the VA Hospital, then you can go to Hell.) I am tested every week and have never caught the virus. I have absolutely no side effects from the vaccine. If this Marine who went to war is a sheep, then the entire country are sheep!

If you choose to pass on a vaccine, then you need to have the moral courage to accept the consequences of your actions. In other words, use your natural immunity and do not burden the already overrun hospital system. If you make your bunk, then you have to hit the rack!

Growing up and entering grade school in the very early 50's, many vaccines were mandatory. I grew up in N Louisiana and someone from either the school district or health dept came around to different grades and administered shots, on choice, or parents notified. When I entered the USAF basic and then OCS, numerous vaccines, again no choice, but by that time I was a Pharmacist so believed in vaccines and still do. Yes some of the diseases are still with us, yellow fever, and typhoid still occur in the US, in very small numbers and deaths are rare, primarily due to several things, vaccines, sanitation and mosquito elimination. Plague occurs in some areas of the southwest, but is not common and is generally treated by antibiotics, not enough cases for mass vaccination, but in the dark ages in Europe and Asia it killed millions. Small pox has been eliminated and yes it took a long time, but all areas of the world had to be vaccinated in sufficient numbers to accomplish that. Polio as all but been eliminated, if it were still occurring and you had seen people spending a good part of their lives immobile in an iron lung, you would be insisting on a vaccine, as my parents did for us when it came out back in the late 50's( I think). Influenza mutates and changes so rapidly than the vaccine is based on estimates of what it will be in a coming year and is not always very effective, saying that I have taken a flu shot every year since 1968, and will continue to do so. Covid remains to be seen. If people would quit believing everything they see on the internet, ect, and just get the vaccine we stand a chance of controlling it, notice I said controlling, not eliminating, as that probability is yet unknown. I think I read somewhere that I saw some research that showed genetic tracers for it thousands of years ago, so I guessing this may be an aberrant strain that suddenly appeared much like the influenza pandemic of 1918, over 100 years ago. Sometimes we have to sacrifice some of our individual "rights" for the greater good. Do you have the right to run around possibly infecting tens or hundreds of people if you contract the disease and become a carrier, even if you have mild symptoms and or asymptomatic. I lean on the side of personal rights, but in this case agree with mandates, and lets take politics out of it. Religious exemptions, that's a laugh, show me in any true religious doctrine where vaccines are prohibited.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    You pay for your health insurance. Yes, you deserve a bed if you need one. Unfortunately, this is not really about hospital staff doing their jobs. I personally know a RN who is working through this at Oshner on Jefferson Hwy. You God damn right she is doing her job! I have patiently listened to her cry while she talks about watching people die after they lose their fight against Covid. This is about beds being UNAVAILABLE for you. It is about capacity(Ever have that nightmare where you are at war and you are out of ammo because the capacity of your mags has been emptied?). That nightmare is now a reality.

This does not have anything to do with other illnesses, because this is a single illness that is taking hospitals well above capacity.
    Your access to medical care is being affected adversely. You can’t argue that this is about doing the job. They are not stocking shelves or working an assembly line. They can’t speed up patient recovery from illness. All they can do is provide treatment and let it run it’s course. You can argue your right to care all you like. That care must first be AVAILABLE for you!

And again... if you CHOOSE NOT TO GET THE VAX... you are taking on that possible outcome. Again... if you decide you don't want it... and don't get it... and the beds aren't available.... TUFF TOOTSIE ROLLS! Those are the breaks! However... again... it should be everyone's CHOICE to get or not get the vax...

I won't get into the reports of EMPTY hospitals that they are saying are filled to capacity. Oh, and EVERY RN, LPRN, Doctor, etc. that I know personally has specifically said they REFUSE to get the Vax. I just lost a specialist doctor who left the practice she was working at because they were forcing her to get it. Now, as far as "impacting our medical care adversely... There are only so many options for hospitalization... which has ALWAYS been the case. If we had a mass casualty event, yes, it would overwhelm the hospitals... but that's a chance we take... or we have 2000 hospitals that are empty 99% of the time "just in case" something happens. So I accept the "adverse" medical care... as I have "just in case" my entire life.

Now, REGARDLESS... there are those dying that have RECEIVED the Vax... those that are spreading the virus that have RECEIVED the vax.... those that are transmitting the virus that have RECEIVED the vax... So get it or don't get it... the same rules apply! Or wait, should we then free up the beds for them because they took the Vax that now doesn't seem to be working as advertised?? Come on.

How about anti-vax'rs that have "survived" covid? Are they just as bad since they have the anti-bodies and "shouldn't" catch it again for 5 months? Or how about those refusing to get it because it is still "experimental"? Or maybe that it hasn't been approved by the FDA?

Or what about all those that have gotten it when in 10 years they develop some kind of illness related to the vax? Do those who didn't get it get to say "I told you so"? Or then bitch that all the Vax'd people are "TAKING UP ALL THE BEDS"??????

You WILL NOT convince me that there is ANY valid reason for the government to FORCE anyone to get the vax for this virus.

Sorry... I have to respond... it's kindof a OCD thing. :) Hahaha

Last edited:
    Top Bottom