Criminals age a concern?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Ive been hearing alot about more and more youths doing reeealy bad things. Jst the other day i heard bout a group of 12 -15 yr olds breaking into houses in my city. This made me think what if a kid broke into someones house and got shot? I hate to think about this stuff but what are yalls feelings on this?

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Ive been hearing alot about more and more youths doing reeealy bad things. Jst the other day i heard bout a group of 12 -15 yr olds breaking into houses in my city. This made me think what if a kid broke into someones house and got shot? I hate to think about this stuff but what are yalls feelings on this?

The smaller body-mass would probably result in a higher risk of the criminal bleeding out before EMS could arrive.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    The smaller body-mass would probably result in a higher risk of the criminal bleeding out before EMS could arrive.

:rofl: That was awesome, on another note though, I believe the emotional toll on the the shooter would probably be higher but still "a good shoot is a good shoot".

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    :rofl: That was awesome, on another note though, I believe the emotional toll on the the shooter would probably be higher but still "a good shoot is a good shoot".

Realistically, a young teenager is still fully capable of firing a weapon, or wielding a knife. If they have broken into your house, they are a valid threat.
    Under-population just ISN'T a problem for this country.
    Sure, you could argue that they don't have an adult grasp on what they are doing and the consequences, but I don't give a **** if they do or not, because their understanding of their actions won't mean a damn to me if they kill me, now will it?

Things like stealing a candy-bar from Wal-Mart, or destroying road-signs, and other "victim-less" crimes, sure, work with the kids, help them, mentor them, whatever it takes, try to put them on the straight and narrow. Breaking into occupied dwellings is something else entirely, and it's not worth the occupant's life or limb to cut slack on a kid like that. That young person probably didn't go from a straight "A" student to breaking into homes overnight. People don't just commit B&E's on a lark. They lead up to it with small things, escalating, escalating.

So yes, I would feel bad if I killed anyone, because I think that life should be preserved. However, I would feel even worse if someone in the wrong were to do anything to someone in the right, and so while I would be sad about it in the aftermath, if I feared for my life, I would shoot that young adult until they ceased to pose a threat to me, and I would not have it any other way.

Now, if they are scampering out the door with your TV, hell, let them have it. It's not worth killing anyone over and the cops might well catch them the next day.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I actually caught a young teenager as he was breaking into my house. He had already broken in 6 times in one month. After he got inside he saw me and my 357, he was very cooperative. I marched him into the living room, called the police and told them to come and get him. They did.

I learned two things:

The police exist in an attempt to show they bring about law and order. When I had called them previously they came and filled out paperwork then left. I had to catch the criminal so they could then come back a fill out more paper work. Kojak, Columbo and Sherlock Holmes are nothing but stories of fantasy, the police don't do that.

The second thing is, at what point do my valuables become worth more than this kid's life and did I want to live with knowing that I killed this kid who was cooperating anyway? Had there been a fight or strong resistance things would have been different, but there wasn't.

I opted for the clean conscience, hoped he learned his lesson and let the public officials handle him. And for what it is worth the arresting officer told the kid right off that he was a lucky little S.O.B. I had the legal right and means to kill him on the spot without any ramifications to me. He would just be dead and that would be the end of the story, period.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

It's hard for me to have sympathy for practitioners of the feral life- regardless of their age. :dunno:

If they do this and lose their life, they are no longer a threat to the public- which they surely would be, otherwise.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It's hard for me to have sympathy for practitioners of the feral life- regardless of their age. :dunno:

If they do this and lose their life, they are no longer a threat to the public- which they surely would be, otherwise.

Probably the worst threat, having more experience being as they started so early.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    A threat is a threat, no matter what the birth certificate says. Besides, more and more of the little bastards are hitting 6 foot before they are even 13, and I don't run a bar or cigar store so I'm not checking IDs.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    If you encounter someone in your home or in the process of breaking in,you probably won't have the first clue as to their age until the proverbial dust settles.

Dealing with the aftermath will be the least of your concerns during the confrontation.

operator223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    I sorta agree with the OP.... if you shoot and kill, or even worse wound that kid, you will be in a civil lawsuit for the rest of your life. Probably looking at $50k just to go to court...... all joking aside, do what you have to to stay alive.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Age ain't got nuttin to do with it. You have a fear of great bodily harm or death you just choot until the threat is stopped.

As far as property thieving goes if the culprit (s) are outside and UNARMED then call 911. If they are inside then choot rather you can tell if they are armed or not.

Human nature is such that people will react instinctively in most cases. Those that hesitate usually make the obits.

Top Bottom