Criminals age a concern?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    How exactly does one know if the burglar you walk in own- or walks in on you- is armed, or not? Just because you don't immediately see a weapon doesn't mean one isn't within hand reach. And I doubt they'll offer the opportunity to verify, either way.....

Just hope that it never happens- but if it does, you almost HAVE TO assume you are in immediate danger. Damn them for putting you in such a position.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I watched the intruder come in through a window. I was waiting for him. He turned out to be a 12yr. old from down the street. He offered no resistance to me at all, was cooperative and did as he was told. Like the officer told him, I could have shot and killed him on the spot, no questions asked.

Since he was decent about the whole thing, other than being a bad thief, if I pulled the trigger on this unarmed 12 yr old wouldn't that be murder on my part? I was not intimidated or scared, just angry. Again, was there anything there worth his dying for just to satisfy my ego? NO. If I had been intimidated or frightened you can bet your sweet A__ I would have shot him. But that wasn't the case.

All ended well and he learned a vauable life lesson. And I get to sleep well knowing that I didn't kill some stupid kid just because I felt the need to "get even" or teach him a lesson he'd never forget.

Whenever someone "breaks into" your house you will have to evaluate what to do and whatever that may be you must be willing to live with it the rest of your life. But know this, if I felt I was in danger he would have been shot with hollow points and most likely died pretty quickly.

It was a time of judgement and action. Action without judgement is barbaric. IMO

Top Bottom